Who was born in australia? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Davy Qian said:
yeah.....born in australia...learnt english until i was like 3. then my grandparents came over and i learnt chinese with a white boy accent. so in essence, i'm an asian who can speak mando but in a white boy accent..........so bad.....
or yes eye can speek in an orstraylian aksent bluddey well too as an orstraylian born chuyneese ... eyem very good at imitatin difrent aksents .. though this fourum limets mee to text oright ?

Bendent

HSC
f3nr15 said:
or yes eye can speek in an orstraylian aksent bluddey well too as an orstraylian born chuyneese ... eyem very good at imitatin difrent aksents .. though this fourum limets mee to text oright ?
nice:)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
happibear said:
Phew! i thought i was the only one who is not fluent in speaking canto to those born from Aus.
its embarassing that im not fluent. I understand mandarine well but not much.

How come we cant speak canto fluent like other hk pple who wasnt born aus?:)
different cultures and we were raised in a society where people spoke more english then canto/mando.
:)

simple reason! :p
like saying why can't ppl born in hk speak english like those born in aus or usa ;P

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Born in Australia but have been learning mandarin since age of 5... Parents are HK so my mando accent is crap. And not liking the simplified chinese continuers course and so very much envying the background people cos they have their questions printed in all 3 (traditional and simplified chinese and english).

Why can't they make a TRADITIONAL chinese course??? Because they're scared to frighten the foreigners??

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
bron here? i wish. came here when i was 9. would have loved to be in aus earlier than that.

can speak canto. and fobbish mando. can read. can't write no more.

if they had a canto course i would have done it. the mando teacher at school is way too bitchy for my liking. learnt mando with her for like 2 years? learnt shit

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Nesty said:
would have loved to be in aus earlier than that.
o_____________________________O

OK.

Chiisora said:
Born in Australia but have been learning mandarin since age of 5... Parents are HK so my mando accent is crap. And not liking the simplified chinese continuers course and so very much envying the background people cos they have their questions printed in all 3 (traditional and simplified chinese and english).

Why can't they make a TRADITIONAL chinese course??? Because they're scared to frighten the foreigners??
Meh, I think the HSC Chinese bg speakers syllabus is stuffed. Majorly. Even more than the physics syllabus, which is quite a feat <.< I mean, all you do is "social issues" that fall under four categories, that's ALL. Don't they get bored of that? I dropped it right after going to a Sat school for it for just once. Just seriously hate the materials they use. See, for example, for a text that's supposed to represent "a recent view on the roles of females in the society", I got this random article pulled out of a random magazine dated "Feb 1994". o_O Uh-huh. Veeeery recent indeed. Even older than my cousin, and he's not the youngest kid in the family :rolleyes:

And the teacher seemed pretty mediocre, anyhow. Then again. Could be just my year 7 Chinese teacher raising my expectations unrealistically high. :p

HSCsimulator

HSC
Who was born in Australia?

Geez, where do you want me to start, lets see, i think John Howard, Kevin Rudd, Oh and possibly 15 million other people who makes up our population.

spythan

HSC
N/A
HSCsimulator said:
Who was born in Australia?

Geez, where do you want me to start, lets see, i think John Howard, Kevin Rudd, Oh and possibly 15 million other people who makes up our population.
i think pauline hanson did as well.

HKHSCstudent

HSC
Uni Grad
回覆: Re: Who was born in australia?

It's normal for people who live in Australia find chinese hard to learn because of their surrounding ENGLISH environment. I live in Hong Kong and use chinese all the time and it's easy for me to be good at chinese. I tend to struggle with english more before studying here because people in Hong Kong don't like to speak english or hearing others speaking English.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Who was born in australia?

i was born here.

went to a primary school that taught mando in kindy and yr 1 and yr 5-6 but don't remember anything.
when i didn't go to that school i went to chinese school on cleveland street [yeah you all know it]. don't remember anything.
i regret not continuing chinese school when i had the chance. but i hated it then anyway so mehh.

didn't learn nor wanted to learn until year 10 when i went back to chinese school in kogarah. don't remember anything LOL.

then for some reason last year i took an interest in jay chou and started learning chinese through his and lee hom's songs.

now i can know a lot more than i did back in my chinese school days. i can read and write more characters mostly due to japanese extension [i already knew the continuers kanji] like 世界 [yes i didn't know what the hell that was before]

i'm actually hakka. pretty much all i know is "ngai mo set anto!!" [for anyone who can understand that]

and i'm also actually indonesian.

so yeah, that was a random post.

Bendent

HSC
Re: 回覆: Re: Who was born in australia?

zangetsu.xo said:
i was born here.

went to a primary school that taught mando in kindy and yr 1 and yr 5-6 but don't remember anything.
when i didn't go to that school i went to chinese school on cleveland street [yeah you all know it]. don't remember anything.
i regret not continuing chinese school when i had the chance. but i hated it then anyway so mehh.

didn't learn nor wanted to learn until year 10 when i went back to chinese school in kogarah. don't remember anything LOL.

then for some reason last year i took an interest in jay chou and started learning chinese through his and lee hom's songs.

now i can know a lot more than i did back in my chinese school days. i can read and write more characters mostly due to japanese extension [i already knew the continuers kanji] like 世界 [yes i didn't know what the hell that was before]

i'm actually hakka. pretty much all i know is "ngai mo set anto!!" [for anyone who can understand that]

and i'm also actually indonesian.

so yeah, that was a random post.
omg same!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Born overseas. Came here in YR2. I speak Mando and write in trad.

My speaking's semi decent on the conversational level, tho there are occasions when I don't get certain words. As soon as technicality kicks in, however... x.x;

My reading and writing is stuffed lol. Ok, I still write Chinese greetings on cards that I send back to my relatives overseas, but yeah >.>;

chochang

*Arashi*
HSC
I was born in Sydney but I've studied in Hong Kong for 7 years...so i can read chinese, speak cantonese and madarin.. :)

I'm also learning Japanese right now..hehehee

twezaa

HSC
I was born in Australia.
I'll like to believe my chinese is reasonably well. ^___^

When I was younger, my family would make me speak Chinese (Cantonese) at home. As for now, they don't care if I speak in English to my brother and cousins anymore.

I can read Chinese - studied Mandarin up to grade 5. Seriously, I reckon I learnt most of my chinese from watching dramas. :D
Since stopping Chinese School, I rarely wrote in Chinese, thus my ability to write is ... yes you can imagine how it's like.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
heh yeah even though i wasnt born in aus i really regret not tryin to study chinese harder.
my knowledge of mando is minimal and the only dialect im fluent in is hakka coz of my parents, which like no one speaks.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Born in Australia.
I can speak like I was born in China, but my grammar is a bit flimsy... as in, the accent is great, but this is because my parents made a rule that they wouldn't respond to me unless I was speaking to them in Cantonese... which I suppose it great

They've tried countless times to teach me to read and write Cantonese... they probably should have started teaching me to when I was really young, rather than while I was 15, and probably should've persisted, rather than give me a crash course on how to read and write for one month, then not teach me for months after that.

So I can write my name... and I've been told my writing in Chinese is really beautiful, but no, can't read or write.

Oh, and when it comes to values and culture, I'm fairly selective with both, which my parents never quite liked. I have friends from various backgrounds, so I'm not exclusive to what people believe to be "either Asian" or "either *white* people". So none of those banana analogies really apply...

You're asian...?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
jemsta said:
and why is that of any surprise?
She acts like a typical white bimbo.

edit: Acts like she wants to be a typical white bimbo.

edit2: Yes, I understand how ironic that is coming from me.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)