Who has bought their textbooks?? (1 Viewer)

kagura

HSC
Kagura, I would walk about campus the week before uni and look at all the bulletin/notice boards for cheap books. If all else fails I'd definately get my books of Textbook Exchange - Welcome to Australia's largest second hand textbook site and only overnight.

You cannot borrow reference books from the library during the day. You can only borrow it 2-3 hours prior to the library closing i.e. after 6pmish.

If you are facing and financial difficulties please visit a UWS welfare officer in the first two weeks, where they could possibly offer you a $200 or so book voucher, if you can prove your extreme financial difficulty.
Oh thanks for the info! I asked some of the unit coordinators regarding this topic, and it turns out you only need the main textbook - no need for the ones listed as 'reference'. :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Really? :(
That's a shame.
:haha:, Yeah right, I might come back in a couple of months though (well if the med forum turns to complete sh*t and no ones answering questions properly), but yeah, im fed up with this forum and not being to have any privacy whatsoever. I've also pretty much out lasted all the other formerly active med moderators, so I guess it's time to go as well.

lilredelmo

HSC
i was looking on that 2nd hand book site and my books are there...
But they range in price and are editions 1-6 in one!(Anatomy)
Do the books change much between editions?Like is a 5th edition Ok if the newest is 7??
Sorry I am ignorant!:mad1:

VU-Nit

HSC
If you are facing and financial difficulties please visit a UWS welfare officer in the first two weeks, where they could possibly offer you a $200 or so book voucher, if you can prove your extreme financial difficulty.
yay i am eligible to get $200 worth of free books lol

sullyman

HSC
i was looking on that 2nd hand book site and my books are there...
But they range in price and are editions 1-6 in one!(Anatomy)
Do the books change much between editions?Like is a 5th edition Ok if the newest is 7??
Sorry I am ignorant!:mad1:
Id recommend getting the addition they asked for only because it has alot of updated material.

Last edited:

born2bkinggg

HSC
do we bring all our textbooks on the first day?? i dun wanna be carrying big ass books that we dun end up using

lyra_t

HSC
How do I know which textbooks I have to buy???

lilredelmo

HSC
lol
How much can the human body change in anatomy???
]
Still wondering if earlier editions of texts OK.

-juLie-

meep
HSC
do we bring all our textbooks on the first day?? i dun wanna be carrying big ass books that we dun end up using

No, leave them at home. Your text books are mainly for use at home unless your lecturer/tutor asks you to bring them to uni every so often which does happen from time to time.

Jack-Package

HSC
just uhm wondering, how do i know what textbooks i need and where to get them?

Progressive

HSC
Oh man i did not buy my text books yet i will just take a pad'n'pen on 0 day, textbooks textbooks sort of reminded me of highschool nooooooooooooo. hmm yeah they do $$$ alot aye:bomb::bomb::bomb:

beefnoodle

HSC
Bought mine, $435 in total.
$8677 HECS + $1000 textbooks per year.
This investment better be worth it.

BTW, I asked some international students, most of them are paying $25 000+ in fees & living expenses per year.

I can't complain............

h3da

HSC
People say its better to wait for lecturers tell you to buy it.. Some classes only require lecturer's notes and stuff.. So i guess ima wait til they tell us to buy

umfaan

HSC
i've spent 400 on 9 med books so far. I'm basically buying last years books because I can't find this years list and apparently lecturers will recommend them in the first week. However I'm overseas where books are wayyy cheaper :p

h3da

HSC
i've spent 400 on 9 med books so far. I'm basically buying last years books because I can't find this years list and apparently lecturers will recommend them in the first week. However I'm overseas where books are wayyy cheaper :p
Most units the lecture notes are already enough

snow_fanatzi

HSC
bought my textbooks already. couldnt help myself since i was so bored with nothing to do plus i am so excited that i want to read what sort of stuff we will be doing. textbooks i bought are psychology, media and visual cultures, australia and the world which cost me around $250. ^.^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)