Who has atar expectations which they dont think are attainable? (1 Viewer)

sydneyitee

HSC
i would be over the moon with 99.7 (anything to get into usyd law) - but i don't think i can get it
okay with 99+
pretty devo with anything below :p (its because my atar ests already above it that i'd be disappointed)

and all the pressure im getting COMES FROM MYSELF... i am my own worst enemy hahahaha

sydneyitee

HSC
It seems the root of most of our problems all revolve around high achieving cousins... damn them and their high achieving ways!
and high achieving family friends kids who both went to ruse and are both dentists and making lots of money now...

hahahahahahahah

Exotic

HSC
Every single time I dont study I get the same talk.."your marks will show, dont disappoint us". Im aiming for an 80, though I have a feeling that even 99 wouldnt be good enough for my family.

Sngbrd06

HSC
Wow. I'm so thankful for my parents after reading this thread. Never have they told me I have to get a certain mark to gain their approval. I study because I want to achieve my best and I'm pressured by no one but myself to do so. I don't think I could have got through this year with someone constantly telling me what I had to achieve. Kudos to you all.

minimax_AI

HSC
i would be over the moon with 99.7 (anything to get into usyd law) - but i don't think i can get it
okay with 99+
pretty devo with anything below :p (its because my atar ests already above it that i'd be disappointed)

and all the pressure im getting COMES FROM MYSELF... i am my own worst enemy hahahaha
some people have too many ATARs. give me some of your ATARs.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
All my pressure is self imposed. My parents are so chilled about school, only one of them did senior school anyways and it was so different back then.

But I'm glad for it because it would be annoying as having parents being get this mark blah blah

Glorious

HSC
Wow. I'm so thankful for my parents after reading this thread. Never have they told me I have to get a certain mark to gain their approval. I study because I want to achieve my best and I'm pressured by no one but myself to do so. I don't think I could have got through this year with someone constantly telling me what I had to achieve. Kudos to you all.
This, this, this. My parents have never pressured me to do anything. I think it just comes down to the person at the end of the day - if they're into it, they'll get what they want - simple as that. My parents are so laid back about it. Never have I heard them be like, "You have to get this" or "go study" ... I personally get demotivated when people tell me I have to do stuff. Plus, I'm aiming for the same ATAR. Impressive.

enoilgam

HSC
This, this, this. My parents have never pressured me to do anything. I think it just comes down to the person at the end of the day - if they're into it, they'll get what they want - simple as that. My parents are so laid back about it. Never have I heard them be like, "You have to get this" or "go study" ... I personally get demotivated when people tell me I have to do stuff. Plus, I'm aiming for the same ATAR. Impressive.
This was me as well. Man my parents helped so much during the HSC - by not putting any expectations on me or pressuring me in any way.

Glorious

HSC
This was me as well. Man my parents helped so much during the HSC - by not putting any expectations on me or pressuring me in any way.
Enoilgam :) I just noticed I'm studying 4 of the subjects you studied last year! It's just Biology you dont have :p Bugger! haha.

enoilgam

HSC
Enoilgam :) I just noticed I'm studying 4 of the subjects you studied last year! It's just Biology you dont have :p Bugger! haha.
Humanities all the way, dropped my last science subject two weeks into year 11. Best decision ever.

Glorious

HSC
Humanities all the way, dropped my last science subject two weeks into year 11. Best decision ever.
Nah, biology is an exception. I despiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee chemistry and physics. Dropped chemistry first day of year 12. I listened for a week though, and people were VERY surpised i was dropping having understood all the stuff going on - it just doesn't appeal to me I guess lol. However, yes humanities are great. =)

lovesenglish

HSC
Just remember, it's all about ranks and that the assessment marks you got won't be the same as your final mark. In fact, there really is no way to predict what your mark's going to be! The Board of Studies "moderates" and "scales" it so much it ends up being nothing like what you thought it might be... and usually for the better!!

Just chill :) There are SO SO SO SO SO many ways to get where you want to go and do what you want to do :D

2011_

HSC
I really don't want to disappoint my Teachers (my parents will be happy with whatever I get) because they have worked so hard to help me.
Don't you hate how, just because you like school, everyone assumes you are SUPER smart ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)