who else is sick of hearing the word "matrix"? (1 Viewer)

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
How was link the token black guy! HE WAS THE OTHER TWO BLACK GUYS BROTHER! Surely it would have been strange if he was white...

Raging Fuel

Originally posted by mlagana
How was link the token black guy! HE WAS THE OTHER TWO BLACK GUYS BROTHER! Surely it would have been strange if he was white...
Did you hear his dialogue? It basically consisted of 'woah' 'wow' 'oh my god' 'YES!' 'what the fuck?' 'where's my pussy'. And you're wrong about him being the other two black guys brother, he was dating the sister of the two black guys from the first movie.

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
its not like there black guy died so they got another, theres still the connection

basically its not racist, and not the token black guy

Twintip

Here's a review. I draw your attention to the bits in bold...

Going into The Matrix: Reloaded, I wasn't worried if the fight scenes or special effects would measure up to the first filmit was the metaphysics that bothered me. The first Matrix was such a neat allegory of Gnostic philosophy, I was more concerned with how the Brothers Wachowski could successfully extend the metaphor into three films than whether they could pull off even more virtuoso examples of cinematic ass-stomping. What was mindblowing about the first movie, after all, wasn't the fight choreography or bullet time, but its brave assertion that the banal, day-to-day reality we live in isn't the real world. In that sense, all the wire-fu was just the candy coating on the red pill the filmmakers were offering to every high school student and cubicle slave in the world. (Though, since I study martial arts myself, I found the idea of kung fu as being metaphorical for something happening in hyper-reality, a la Thibault's mysterious circle, to be pretty darn appealing.)

Thankfully, Reloaded more than allayed my fears, even if it seems that half the reviewers either didn't understand what the Wachowskis were getting at, or else were only paying attention during the highway chase. Watching the movie, I was personally less impressed by the fists of digital fury than by the Brothers' evident familiarity with the Dead Sea Scrolls and the theology of Origen of Alexandria. Seen in the light of the books they're referencing, the movie's plot is brilliant; of course, to the non-initiate, the characters' actions and dialogue seems arbitrary and incomprehensible, and the exposition is just filler between car crashes. It would seem, therefore, that a bit of exegesis of The Matrix: Reloaded is warranted. But be warned: If you haven't seen the movie yet, don't read on. There are some major spoilers. [See link]
courtesy www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm

Last edited:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
you guys are way too defensive of A MOVIE! scheisse!

i stated it was over-priced, which i believe of a lot of movies that people spend that sort of money on.

and over-rated. this was a personal opinion and was wondering if anyone agreed. i didnt need a detailed analysis of why some people thought i was wrong.

Fry

i havent watched it but i keep hearing that dudes voice in my head 'Mr. Anderson, surprised to see me?' from the promos.

Last edited:

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
calm the testosterone boys :p

i saw it today, it was okay in my opinion, but I really was never much a fan of the matrix, i only saw it cos..well i'm a sheep and everyone else saw it heh.

BUT... I thought that the movie was largely just about the fight scenes, that kind of got a bit tedious, thouh i guess that's what the movie is about- the action blah blah.

anyway... I met clayton watson in real life! woohoo for me...... hehe nah, i think he's actually a really good actor, though i hated that crap american accent he put on in the movie..

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
such an overrated movie isn't opinion
i think the movie is so overrated is opinion

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I just got back from seeing it, seen better, sound track was good tho. But u have to love the "stacks on" scene, how wasent that fight funny?????
I hate trinity she pissed me off it this movie....

Twintip

Originally posted by tammer
and over-rated. this was a personal opinion and was wondering if anyone agreed. i didnt need a detailed analysis of why some people thought i was wrong.
You should put "only reply if you agree" in the title then. :p It wasn't detailed either. :p :santa: :drink: :angel:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i dont think it is over priced... the money they invested into reloaded and revolution will be nothing compared to the returns they will recieve... If they did not spend so much money amking new effects and generating the hype, not nearly as much profit would be made.... besides 1.5 billlion US dollars went into the lord of teh rings trillogy i believe, and although I dont remember the specifics, the returns from the 2 releases films/dvds etc has already far outweighed the 1.5B expenditure

Oh yeah all you matrix haters... you will love this ... person.... :D

Last edited:

Twintip

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
Oh yeah all you matrix haters... you will love this ... person.... :D
Hahahah that's hilarious. I find this one particularly odd:

Aaliyah and Gloria Foster were unceremonially dropped after shooting some scenes for the sequel. What's wrong, guys? They didn't test well with the predominantly white Matrix audiences?

Neither actress could be reached for comment
[Aaliyah died in a plane crash. Her replacement was of a similar ethnicity as well (the character was retained)]. Sites like that are gold. :lol:

Last edited:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
You should put "only reply if you agree" in the title then. :p It wasn't detailed either. :p :santa: :drink: :angel:
ah shut up! you think just coz youre sexy you can get away with being a rude prick! think again you bogan! :rofl:

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by Raging Fuel
Carrie-Ann Moss, Hugo Weaving, Laurence Fishburne were all fantastic.
Sorry, but I almosted choked on the 'shake these caves of steel' bit (the speech Morpheus makes). Cheese to the max. :D

'Its also quite a racist text as well given that the majority of citizens in Zion are ethnics, while all the important people are caucasion.'
Some people have noticed something interesting - the 'programs' in the Matrix seem to conform to stereotypes (rich French gyt, chinese guy with dealer's cap, the I-must-be-good-at-martial-arts-because-I'm-Asian guy (just before meeting the Oracle), the 'CIA'-alike agents), whereas those in Zion don't appear to conform to particular stereotypes.

A measure of the Machine's creativity?

Juliet

HSC
I saw it!!! I was fantastic!!!:D

In request of mlagana.

Last edited:

yeahyeahyeahs

hah i liked the agent smith/s stack on neo scene! car chase was overrated ive seen much better car chase scenes elsewhere.

Dan_the_man

Originally posted by Tenille
I just got back from seeing it, seen better, sound track was good tho. But u have to love the "stacks on" scene, how wasent that fight funny?????

Yes that was quite humurous. gotta love the old stacks on :p I liked the first matrix better.... it also had a better soundtrack! But Matrix 2 was pretty good....... all movies are expensive to go. It is such a rort going to see a film

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)