who else is sick of hearing the word "matrix"? (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I started watching the first matrix and fell asleep. Don't suppose Id enjoy the new ones any more than I did the previous.

B

Bambul

Does anyone know if the name Zion has anything to do with Zionism?

And for the record, I liked the movie.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Bambul
Does anyone know if the name Zion has anything to do with Zionism?

And for the record, I liked the movie.
and also names like "wachowski"

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Well, I am a Matrix Junkie (did ya guess that..?? ;) ) and so obviously I loved it. The general feelings that the figth scenes were way too long, I must agree with -- well, execpt the Neo/Smith one. That could go on for ages and I would have been happy -- but I still enjoyed them, the Special FXs were great!! They may have gone on too long, but I still loved them.

The claim the film was racist has been answered. I just went WTF? and laughed. If my memory serves me correctly, Trinity and Neo were the only white 'heros' (well, so was Smith, who was definatly me 'hero' in the film ;) ) Morpheus was black, Link was black, Niobe was black, the Oracale (so I want spell... so shot my :p) was too. The key maker? That wicked Asian guy? (yeah, you all know who I mean). I actually loved the racial diversity of the film. And, wouldn't you think if 'ethnics' were the only ones to survive to the time of Zion, that would make them stronger than their white counterparts?

Oh, and there was to whites in Zion. Clayton Watson anyone?

The funny thing is, there was ver few white Americans in lead roles (Keanu Reeves -- yeah, spelling again, I know -- is American isn't he?) -- Carrie-Anne Moss is Canadian, Hugo Weaving and Clayton Watson are Aussie, The French guy, The Italian chick with Neo (I'm not even going to try and spell their names) The twins were pomes -- Yeah, I notice stupid little things (well, I guess you tend to when you watch it some much :p)

As for the Christian stuff... a fair few films do. Just look over your english notes thus far -- Brave New World/Blade Runner? Gwen Harwood? Relgious imagery is everywhere. It just makes it easier to get messages across. The Matrix had very little. Yeah, he met the administrator, who was symbolised as 'God'. Thats all I remember. There probably is more, but you'd have to read alot into it.

All that said, The Matrix rocked. Maybe if you went to enjoy it, rather than look for it's faults, then you may like it. Possibly even understand it.

Thats what I notice with people who denouce the films, they don't understand it. Not that it's overly complex..

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
NO! Keanu reeves is lebanese baby!!!

apparently morpheus thought that sydneyites were racist when the filmed here... i bet its just because everyone was looking at the movie star

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
NO! Keanu reeves is lebanese baby!!!
Hehe.. Now that you mention it.... :p hehe

Either that or a lewis carrol fanatic :/
LOL!!!

And Jezzmo, I know exactly what you mean! It's rather pointless really.. Just enjoy the flicks, don't go and see them just to critisize them.. LOL

Cheers!

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
...just to reinerate i love the matrix and want to marry it one day even though its illegal to marry a dvd box set i hope to defy law one day.

Nebuchadnezzar

Idealist
HSC
Re: Re: who else is sick of hearing the word "matrix"?

Originally posted by mlagana

hey tammer, do you get the movie?
i'm sick of whingers
Damn right

There is alot of boring scenes with alot of useless dialogue eg
the architect and the orical

But the fast paced actions scenes make up for it

muldersgun

HSC
Yesterday i rewatched the Matrix and i saw reloaded for the 2nd time today.

I have reached 2 conclusions

1. I love both films to bits

2. I want to marry Keanu Reeves

That is all.....

Collin

HSC
N/A
I love all the hype on Reloaded, its a fantastic film.

muldersgun

HSC
ppl who say it was shallow and had too much action obviously weren't paying attention to the parts with the oracle/merovingian/architect etc.

I can't wait for revolutions ARGH! Is anyone here planning to see all three together?

muldersgun

HSC
no i meant one after another

all three at once would be a psychedelic experience but i think i'll end up with a grandmal seizure or something.

I think some cinemas will do something like show matrix then reloaded then revolutions at midnight on the release day.

2 things i'm looking forward to after the dreaded HSC.

Matrix marathon
LOTR marathon

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
i'll definetely see the midnight
i saw the midnight for this one, and i was sooo tired and just thinking wtf the whole way through (martial arts junkie)
then i saw it the next day and i was enlightened by the actual story

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)