Who else hasn't read their English text? (1 Viewer)

Have you read your English text/s yet?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

HSC
Uni Grad
Julius Caesar - all finished (I did that in term 4)
Frankenstein - 15/279 pages finished.. (need to finish by the end of the holidays!!!)
Skryznecki poems - 1 out of a handful of them read..
Speeches - 0%

related texts... I'll wait and see

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
2, just incase but know how to make an essay using just one.
Agreed. Two is best, just to be safe. They didn't do what they did in '09 last year but there's always this year. Better safe than sorry. If it's one related in the HSC, then just don't write about your second.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
What's the likelihood of BOS trolling and making us do three related texts? =P

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Started the below mediocre novel and about 40 pages in (whee, 370 more to go -_-)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
What's the likelihood of BOS trolling and making us do three related texts? =P
whats the likelihood for them asking 2 related? I'm prob hanging around 45% yes, 55% no. I don't wana memorise a whole related text for nothing grrrr!!!!! Why cant they just tell us already.

PS: are films good? ahhhh still havn't got my marks back from term 4 assessments, i cant wait i wana see what i got!

khfreakau

HSC
whats the likelihood for them asking 2 related? I'm prob hanging around 45% yes, 55% no. I don't wana memorise a whole related text for nothing grrrr!!!!! Why cant they just tell us already.

PS: are films good? ahhhh still havn't got my marks back from term 4 assessments, i cant wait i wana see what i got!
Basically 50-50. Always be prepared, have two, with more stuff on one of them.

Also, films are good if you do them well. They're easily the most time consuming type of related to do, since you have to watch and analyse at least 1.5 hours, but rewards can be great. If you want to do one, do it now while you still have time.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 200/278.. Plan on finishing in the next day or so.. I have been doing chapter summaries as I go as well.

muzeikchun852

HSC

nah. probably less than that - about 30% yes, 70% no. because they did it for 2 consecutive years.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Agreed with above.

Ever since they changed exam committees back in 2009, it has always been only 1 related text

plshelp

HSC
Choose movies as related texts...waaayyyy easier to finish....haha

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Finished reading 'The Year of Living Dangerously'; pretty good read, anyone watched the film? I'm not sure whether to or not. I've read also 5/6 poems by Wilfred Owen, only one left it Anthem for Doomed Youth. Still need to find related texts; have a couple of ideas; but will look more into it as school resumes.

Good luck to everyone in finishing their texts in the next few days. n_n

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Most likely it will be one text. However, in the past it has been 2, so it is quite possible that you may be asked for more. 3 or more is unlikely, considering it was one las year.

Films work fine. However, try not to go for really obvious ones that are done by a lot of students.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Finished reading 'The Year of Living Dangerously'; pretty good read, anyone watched the film? I'm not sure whether to or not. I've read also 5/6 poems by Wilfred Owen, only one left it Anthem for Doomed Youth. Still need to find related texts; have a couple of ideas; but will look more into it as school resumes.
Anthem is probably the best one to use in an essay. Or so I have found.

rebeka94

HSC
My schools retarded so we did The Crucible in Advanced English and Standard did Skryznecki. I really enjoyed the first few seconds of the movie, the forest bit where Abigail rips of the chickens head or whatever.
Anyway, we were meant to read all our texts during the holidays - Hamlet, Pride and Prejudice, Letters To Alice and Birthday letters. I started the first few pages of pride and prejudice and hamlet but other then that i've read jack all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)