Who do you think is gonna get the highest mark? (1 Viewer)

WHO IS GONNA GET THE HIGHEST MARK?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIRUNI

HSC
N/A
Who Do you think is gonna get the highest mark?

I say there are 3 possibilities: Hoque,Yip, Vafa

but from BOS perspective, I would say Vafa is fucking smart...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hmm..........................

I'd say vafa as well since he said he thinks he got 120.

By the way, the multiple choice defeats the purpose of an all of the above option. :p

Last edited:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It'll be funny if neither of them got a top achievers state ranking....lol

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
didnt Vafa make a thread about winning an IMO medal? But yeah I would expect him to get the highest mark.

bboyelement

HSC
hmmm ... the 4 unit maths board is so empty im kinda sad ... i used to come here like everyday, ... so let me ask whos gonna be lurking around here after 2006. i know i will.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I will...for a year at least. But I might not count. *pokes HSC year* :p

twilight1412

HSC
i have no idea who these people are ive been a member for a while and didnt realise there was a forum .. so i guess i'll be here for a while .... 4U

QBGuy

HSC
In all honesty, I don't believe that any of the three you've listed will top the Extension 2 Maths exam thsi year. Particularly because there are the likes of Steph, Alex, Margit and Ning of James Ruse, Vinh of SBHS, and Charles + Co. of Sydney Grammar.

And does anyone actually here KNOW Vafa in person?
Just because he claims to have gotten 120/120 doesn't actually mean he will get anywhere near that. Just out of pure speculation, he could have been so utterly destroyed by the exam that he felt the need to troll the boards telling everyone how he "brilliantly" he performed in the exam to lift his ego.

[P.S. I'm not a Ruse patriot or anything. In fact, I attend the same school as Haque and Yip]
Although he is very good at mathematics, it'll be unlikely that Yip will get a state ranking at all. His school rank was destroyed by forgetting to submit a page of working in the trials!

haque

HSC
theres no way i'll get even a state ranking for 4u after the stupid mistakes i made-by the way QBguy-i know ur identity and i'll see u at the coop interviews on november 28

Last edited:

modezero

HSC
dam, I was going to say haque. IMO, vafa is a poser and is not as good as he says he is.

Hi QBGuy! Grammar did fairly well, but it was a relatively easy paper. Whilst we didn't get 7 perfect scores at Ruse claims to have, I think we have at least 5 with 110+

haque

HSC
Wait-u know QBguy too modezero? i smell recognition here(lol thats obvious) how did charles and that go, like a mate of mine, Duong said a guy called steve dieb or something went real well at ur skool-and ruse with 7 perfect marks:eek: i knew the top 4 were sure but that just depressed me further-oh well guess i'll have to make up for my failure in the hsc with maths at uni lol.

modezero

HSC
Yeah I met him at NMSS.
I finished with about 5min left. Wasn't the most brilliant of mathematical days, q6 and q7 took me far too long.
From what I heard, Steve Diep doesn't think he got full marks (not sure if it is because he didn't solve a question or because he is being cynical as usual).

haque

HSC
Yeah the exam cionditions get to some people(don't wanna make excuses but it did for me and by the sound of things prolly u too), start making mistakes u don't normally do and add 3@/2+@/2 to equal 5@/2(those guys from ruse don't count) so Diep's not too sure?lol prolly cynical. im assuming ur one of the 110+

Last edited:

QBGuy

HSC
Well I'm glad at least one other person on this board shares the same perspective as I do (regarding Vafa's ability).

Haha seven perfect scores is rather absurd, but I wouldn't be surprised since it IS coming from the most academic-oriented school in the state!

By the looks of things, Tech will have 3-4 people who get 110+, although none of us will get the grand score of 120.

[I assume that you're Budz, ModeZero? =)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)