Who came first in their ipt class :D (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just don't get too complacent/lazy guys! Being top of your school won't guarantee you a good result in HSC.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
.. just found out tht my teacher scaled up the 2nd place guy by 4 marks makin him on 90% ... ffs.

that'll mean that i'll come 2nd~ i'm gnna appeal for more marks coz i deserved to come 1st legitimately. argh. so gay

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
how can they scale up one guy and not the rest? thats just like giving the dude coming last an assessment mark of 124/100 and first place. :|

Niksta123

HSC
slightly off the topic..but im in year 11 atm doing prelim ipt course and i was just wondering...is the hsc for ipt easy? we have been getting these really easy ipt exams for yr 11, and cause our teachers arent that good, im wondering if we are going to be shocked next year when we do the hsc cause basically wat we get in our tests are like fill in the missing blanks and then the teacher will give us a like hints: these are the words etc to fill..anyway im not sure if im making much sense, but if anyone understands lol, write back...thanks xx

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Niksta123 said:
slightly off the topic..but im in year 11 atm doing prelim ipt course and i was just wondering...is the hsc for ipt easy? we have been getting these really easy ipt exams for yr 11, and cause our teachers arent that good, im wondering if we are going to be shocked next year when we do the hsc cause basically wat we get in our tests are like fill in the missing blanks and then the teacher will give us a like hints: these are the words etc to fill..anyway im not sure if im making much sense, but if anyone understands lol, write back...thanks xx
Your best bet would be to practice using past papers and see how you find those. I found in Year12 IPT, it's not so much just your ability to memorise, but more importantly, your ability to apply what you've learnt into complex scenarios which could relate to real life situations.

IPT is by no means a hard subject compared to say 4u Maths or Physics, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll get good marks. The challenge is knowing whether or not the marks you get at school are anything close to being reflective of how you will perform in the real HSC.

Niksta123

HSC
OK thanks for the advice...i have my year 11 prelim ipt exam tomorrow and we are getting questions like "fill in the missing blanks" and then the teacher gives us possible answers for tha blanks...and yeah its that kinda stupid questions that are getting me worried for the HSC next year...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Niksta123 said:
OK thanks for the advice...i have my year 11 prelim ipt exam tomorrow and we are getting questions like "fill in the missing blanks" and then the teacher gives us possible answers for tha blanks...and yeah its that kinda stupid questions that are getting me worried for the HSC next year...
wow. thats stupid. lol; no offence
but u should try some ipt past papers nxt year

nrs1990

HSC
I'm 1/15. But my entire class are accelerated year 10's so I'm not sure how much that actually means.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
nrs1990 said:
I'm 1/15. But my entire class are accelerated year 10's so I'm not sure how much that actually means.
that would mean quite a lot...

well done :D
ur set to do pretty well i believe :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wish our school let us do accelerated back then... I remember we asked the principal back in year 8 if we could but he said no :(

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
seremify007 said:
I wish our school let us do accelerated back then... I remember we asked the principal back in year 8 if we could but he said no :(
we didnt even have a computing class for years 9 - 10 until 2003. that was the first year that we had a proper computing studies head teacher come in. and ever since, its been going up :)

Beetle

HSC
aww.... i got 97% and i came 3rd ><"

nO fair ='(

mattyz

HSC
lol what school beetle i came first in SDD 2nd in IPT i always got over 98% for my database project, multimedia and something else but they where a bitch all 100+ pages of writting grrr thank god thats over and 2nd in IT VET :( dammit ah well we get 20 dollar dymocs vouchers and these pretty cool plaques

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think if you guys are coming 2nd/3rd with those marks, your teacher should make it harder to get good marks so that you gain a bigger distinction/differentiation between the top students.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
92% and 1st / 17 for trials

came equal first overall. lol

brobinson

HSC
Rank 1 av. mark. approx 88%... however there is only 3 people in my class so i guess it wasn't that greater achievement. :)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
rank 1/8, i think my raw marks going to be around 97+ maybe (hopefully)..., we weren't given our raw marks, so its kinda just guessing... lol

also tied topping software... so i feel quite nerdy atm haha

sitk

HSC
topped de class at 94% assessment, after me was two people tied at 92%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)