which is easier? (1 Viewer)

susanpowell

HSC
so i've heard from the seniors that uni workload makes hsc look like a walk in the park

is this true??

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Depends on what course you're doing, and how much effort you put into your HSC. It's not universal.

HSC
if you do arts or commerce, uni is easier than hsc

if you do science or engineering then uni is harder than hsc

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I got an ATAR of 90 and got into a course requiring 80 - failed 4 units (1/4 units failed.)

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a UAI of 75.50, got into a course requiring 75.15, transferred into a course requiring 84.60 ATAR, got a couple of HDs and a few Ds, finding it A LOT easier than the HSC.

Depends on the person/course.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
my gf says they are different types of hard - i think you have to be more persistant with uni

HSC
atar isnt an idicator of difficulty of the course ok lets get that straight

bachelor of science/arts is easy even if it has a 10 point higher uai requirement

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Like most people said it depends on the person. For me I find uni harder, mainly because there are less sources for help.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Depends on your learning style and how you adapt to uni life as well. You have a lot more free time and a lot less handholding - some people find that great, others find it difficult. You do have the benefit of a lot more choice as to subjects so you can pick things you're actually interested in, rather than just broad subject areas as you get in the HSC.

NewiJapper

HSC
From what I've heard, it would be a lot harder because of the study/work/life balance you have to re-adjust to. Uni is a lot more of self-directed learning and you aren't fed everything with a silver spoon like you were in the HSC. And yes, it does depend on the course you are doing.

funnytomato

HSC

level of difficulty-
uni<high school<killing ur roommate<dealing with ur roommate

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Uni is easier for me merely because I enjoy it more and the subjects tend to reflect the real world a little bit more. The content at school was so much easier, but I generally hated everything we learned because I found it pointless (except English which I eventually began to enjoy, even though it was pretty pointless), which therefore made it hard to focus and stay motivated.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
difficulty of school depends on: suburb/location, race, rate of maturity, rate of maturity of classmates, parents, maybe teachers

difficulty of uni depends on: YOUR ability to get your shit together

HSC
I think it all comes down to personal experiences.

I for one did try during the HSC and recieved a modest mark, but I know that I could have tried much harder than I did.

And I only know this from my experiences at university. At university I allowed myself to be pushed beyond the limits of what I thought I could be capable of.

That being said, uni isn't hard as per say. It is survivable. I think it is the experience of the hsc and all that leads you to mature into the new position. It is up to you whether or not you choose to accept the new challenge or rebel against it. I know people who have recieved both markedly better and markedly worse marks at uni since their hsc year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)