Where do you buy your text books (1 Viewer)

moco

HSC
hey i just wanted to know where everyone buys their textbooks.i usually go to dymocks for most of my books.

i heard there are other smaller bookshops or speciallised shops for educational books where textbooks are sold for cheaper. i want to know by how much cheaper are these books and where is the nearest in the inner west or south west area.

need to buy my textbooks for both preliminary and hsc course.

vizman

HSC
yeh i purchase from dymocks. you'll prob be able to get a better deal at some stores the the difference wont be significant

franklin265

HSC
hb books burwood

8% discount if your school is registered with them.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Alpha-books at main street in blacktown. good books / good bargains.

bought my business book for $20... but then again; it was the old edition that my year uses.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I have purchased books from other BOS members in the buy/sell forum, i go to Dymocks-George St, Five Senses(All education books), ebay in the high school book section and my local ABC book shop. There isn't a real difference in price in education books at all the places that i've been to, it's best to buy on ebay or in the buy/sell section of this forum if u want a real bargin just make sure that the books are the most recent edition.

Last edited:

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
there is this bookshop that sells hsc and prelim books in parramatta on argyle street..

its called Yorke Educational, and they give you 10% discount if you're a student, and their prices pretty much match dymocks and if its not in stock, they'll order it for you

yinyin

HSC
N/A
"parramatta on argyle street"
do u have the address? Or where is it near?
thx

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Anyone who lives near burwood there is a stationary/educational book store on Burwood rd that had heaps of study guides, dictionaries etc esp the ones that you cant find anywhere else and the ones for languages :)

H.B. Books & Stationery

ADDRESS
246 Burwood Rd
Burwood
NSW, 2134
Australia

Ph: (02) 9747 6222

P

pLuvia

For languages, you can go to Kinokuniya in the city or Abbey's, great place for language books, dictionaries etc

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
moco said:
hey i just wanted to know where everyone buys their textbooks.i usually go to dymocks for most of my books.

i heard there are other smaller bookshops or speciallised shops for educational books where textbooks are sold for cheaper. i want to know by how much cheaper are these books and where is the nearest in the inner west or south west area.

need to buy my textbooks for both preliminary and hsc course.
I go to this educational books store which practically sells everything in Hurstville, plus every book i believe is discounted at 5 to 10% off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)