When do the Top Achievers find out they came first? (1 Viewer)

lorcolette

HSC
N/A
Not expecting it at all, but am curious to know. They must find out sometime before the 14th of December, right?

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Yep, I think they find out the day before and there is a ceremony.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
First in course will be told by the Monday. The ceremony in on the Tuesday. Marks are released on Wednesday 14th.

No other top achievers will find out until the release of the top achievers list sometime on the afternoon of the Wednesday.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
First in course will be told by the Monday. The ceremony in on the Tuesday. Marks are released on Wednesday 14th.

No other top achievers will find out until the release of the top achievers list sometime on the afternoon of the Wednesday.
That's totally true. And it will always be touch and go, as you never know what the cut-off is. Last year I suspected I got a state rank for Business as 96 was a rank in a few of the last years, but I thought I had missed out for Economics. Turns out it was the other way around! :)

2011_

HSC
Hmm I was so angry with myself last year for coming second in the assessment rank for Geography. But when the girl who beat me came in the state's top 10, I didn't feel so bad!

Last edited:

lorcolette

HSC
N/A

Thank you! That makes perfect sense.

goobi

HSC
I think the Board will notify you on the Friday or over the weekend before the ceremony if you top a subject in the state.

2g1b

HSC
N/A
do all rounders go to a ceremony and when do they find out?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
do all rounders go to a ceremony and when do they find out?
No, they just get a certificate in the mail. The list will be published in the media, and on the BOS website, soon after the results are released.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No, they just get a certificate in the mail. The list will be published in the media, and on the BOS website, soon after the results are released.
Er....I thought first in the states get called the day before results come out. And they go to a ceremony to get a certificate.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
All rounders list comes out on the afternoon of the day results are released. You can work out if you are an all rounder when you get results though (Band 6/E4 in 10 units).

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
For first in the state, how do they contact you? Letter in the mail, or through the school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)