What's wrong with me...? Am I just jealous? (1 Viewer)

Jiga

Ok, where do I start.....

Yes i do...and that dickhead who drives a Camry saying it does 0-100km in 8 seconds is a tool. fucking idiot. He can't even afford the cars he talks about and speaks like he has experience. He belongs at Toolshed.
Firstly, yes the Type S does it quicker than 8secs, but the other cheaper model does not. And even the Type S would not do it a great deal faster, mid to early 6's?

Secondly, yes I cannot afford that car, but then again I dont leech off my parents, Im proud of this fact and so are many other young individuals around the world who cannot afford a $40,000 car at 19. But as Ive said, I like many other non-asians (no racism intended) dont really hold the Integra in that high of a regard.

COMPARISON : For $45k there are so many better cars on the market.... WRX's and Evo's to mention a few, both of which are very close to the Integras price if not cheaper (yes Evo is like $10k more but your sooooo rich so price isnt a issue), and both of which would beat the Integra in a straight line (Evo has way better power to weight ratio, WRX's is slighly worse but its AWD so you'd imagine what it barely loses in power it gains in traction early on - Note that the std Integra doesnt even have traction control something that any GOOD FWD car with more than 150kw should have) and would leave it for absolute dead around a track with its crappy FWD. And this isnt even taking into consideration other features which the above two cars embaress the Integra in, for eg, Brakes.... personally if your in such a fully fast car you want some decent stopping power, the Integra has stock ventilated discs at front and solid at back (LOL my crappy old arse Camry has this... Im sure it has bigger disc but for such a poooowerful car they certainly didnt invest much in other important components) in comparison to the CHEAPER WRX which has all ventilated discs, 4 spot front and 2 spot rear calipers and a miriad of other things like EBD etc ( I wont even go into the Evo's features, I will need 3 pages for that). So apart from the speed of the cars > the Integra, the other cars as a PACKAGE are also better then your Integra, especially the WRX which is in fact cheaper than it (Also lookin around, most other cars like even XR6's have more features than an Integra)!! So whats this all mean? Anyone with half a brain would go for either of these models (or other ones that I havent mentioned) over the posers Honda Integra.

And lastly, I find it funny you call everyone else a tool when your the fuckin tool you idiot! Your the one who rates the car he drives so highly, your the one who is having a go at everyone else, your the one who claims your integra is for fully hectically fast bro. Get over yourself and your parents car.

EDIT:

I will say in da Integras defence, it might not have decent brakes or any other features which other car do, but it does have sports pedals standard........

Last edited by a moderator:

bizadfar

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Ok, where do I start.....

Firstly, yes the Type S does it quicker than 8secs, but the other cheaper model does not. And even the Type S would not do it a great deal faster, mid to early 6's?

Secondly, yes I cannot afford that car, but then again I dont leech off my parents, Im proud of this fact and so are many other young individuals around the world who cannot afford a $40,000 car at 19. But as Ive said, I like many other non-asians (no racism intended) dont really hold the Integra in that high of a regard.

COMPARISON : For $45k there are so many better cars on the market.... WRX's and Evo's to mention a few, both of which are very close to the Integras price if not cheaper (yes Evo is like $10k more but your sooooo rich so price isnt a issue), and both of which would beat the Integra in a straight line (Evo has way better power to weight ratio, WRX's is slighly worse but its AWD so you'd imagine what it barely loses in power it gains in traction early on - Note that the std Integra doesnt even have traction control something that any GOOD FWD car with more than 150kw should have) and would leave it for absolute dead around a track with its crappy FWD. And this isnt even taking into consideration other features which the above two cars embaress the Integra in, for eg, Brakes.... personally if your in such a fully fast car you want some decent stopping power, the Integra has stock ventilated discs at front and solid at back (LOL my crappy old arse Camry has this... Im sure it has bigger disc but for such a poooowerful car they certainly didnt invest much in other important components) in comparison to the CHEAPER WRX which has all ventilated discs, 4 spot front and 2 spot rear calipers and a miriad of other things like EBD etc ( I wont even go into the Evo's features, I will need 3 pages for that). So apart from the speed of the cars > the Integra, the other cars as a PACKAGE are also better then your Integra, especially the WRX which is in fact cheaper than it (Also lookin around, most other cars like even XR6's have more features than an Integra)!! So whats this all mean? Anyone with half a brain would go for either of these models (or other ones that I havent mentioned) over the posers Honda Integra.

And lastly, I find it funny you call everyone else a tool when your the fuckin tool you idiot! Your the one who rates the car he drives so highly, your the one who is having a go at everyone else, your the one who claims your integra is for fully hectically fast bro. Get over yourself and your parents car.

EDIT:

I will say in da Integras defence, it might not have decent brakes or any other features which other car do, but it does have sports pedals standard........

Traction Control (TC) is for pussies. Only a RWD car should have it (if they choose to impltement TC, no way should a FWD have it.

I have driven an integra (not type S), and i will say it's fun to sit in and just drive/cruise. Havn't thrashed it or anything, but it seems quick at the low end.

Jiga

FWD cars need TC more mainly because:

* Powerful FWD cars get torque steer which is when the car pulls to one side under acceleration, traction control reduces this, and obviously this is not only safer but in a race you want to head straight not move to one side and then have to correct it.
* Under hard acceleration, someone like "gna" who seems to posess little knowledge about his car, apart from the fact that its shiny and new... would lose alot without traction control because he'd floor it off the line, creating wheel spin, and not getting the most out of the car off the line. A experienced driver does not need traction control yes, but I highly doubt "gna" or many other Integra drivers would fall into this category (I say this because any real car enthusiaist wouldnt go for some faggot 'sportscar' over something like a Evo, the Integra is for all the tools out their with tiny penises). This does apply to rear wheel cars as well.
*And Im not 100% sure about this, but when you accelerate around a corner with FWD you get more understeer as your wheels begin to spin, I would assume that with traction control this may be reduced? I would say this is particularly so when you have stock suspension and all the cars weight is pushed to the outside of the vehichle, resulting in reduced traction of the inside wheel. On the other hand, a RWD car does not need traction control in this situation becaues for a experienced driver at least oversteer is preferred to understeer as you power out of it compared to having to virtually reduce power with understeer.

The only negative of traction control is that if it doesnt have a switch to turn it off (most good cars do), then you cant ever turn it off and have abit of fun. But like I said, for racing purposes, your avg joe gains out of it.

bizadfar

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
FWD cars need TC more mainly because:

* Powerful FWD cars get torque steer which is when the car pulls to one side under acceleration, traction control reduces this, and obviously this is not only safer but in a race you want to head straight not move to one side and then have to correct it.
What can i say? Where's the skill in racing then? Would u like shit racing where ppl accel/brake with amazing fucking stability? No! Take away the aids and get them sideways and fighting. When i go on the track, that's what i enjoy, pushing the limits and finding it, correcting it.
And actually, pulling to one side without TC is more common in RWD. Look at the weight distribution of most cars. Then you will see what makes them stable for sedans, hatches etc.

Schoolies_2004 said:
* Under hard acceleration, someone like "gna" who seems to posess little knowledge about his car, apart from the fact that its shiny and new... would lose alot without traction control because he'd floor it off the line, creating wheel spin, and not getting the most out of the car off the line. A experienced driver does not need traction control yes, but I highly doubt "gna" or many other Integra drivers would fall into this category (I say this because any real car enthusiaist wouldnt go for some faggot 'sportscar' over something like a Evo, the Integra is for all the tools out their with tiny penises). This does apply to rear wheel cars as well.
FWD don't experience much wheel spin compared to RWD. Again weight distribution and suspension setups equipped on them. I havn't seen anyone smart enough floor it off the line, unless you're in an auto. BMW have done this alot in their cars. Put shitloads of weight to the front, to induce understeer and prevent dumbfucks from turning themselves around (assuming everything is in fine working order - ie no bald tyres). Honda would do the same.

Schoolies_2004 said:
*And Im not 100% sure about this, but when you accelerate around a corner with FWD you get more understeer as your wheels begin to spin, I would assume that with traction control this may be reduced? I would say this is particularly so when you have stock suspension and all the cars weight is pushed to the outside of the vehichle, resulting in reduced traction of the inside wheel. On the other hand, a RWD car does not need traction control in this situation becaues for a experienced driver at least oversteer is preferred to understeer as you power out of it compared to having to virtually reduce power with understeer.
You're right, FWD are generally more understeery. You're theory about TC reducing this seems kind of correct. I know TC in RWD cars causes more understeer - prevents the rear stepping out a bit. Anyway you shouldn't be accelerating till your at or past the apex. And yet you have to know your limits. This comes from experience (unfortunately majority of P platers don't have).

Schoolies_2004 said:
The only negative of traction control is that if it doesnt have a switch to turn it off (most good cars do), then you cant ever turn it off and have abit of fun. But like I said, for racing purposes, your avg joe gains out of it.
Remember some cars have it set very low. Not insanely high. Yet there are numerous mods u can do to remove the feature from some cars. I've seen it done in various BMW E36 models.

For racing purposes it makes driving boring. Seeing them turning so smooth, exiting corners so smooth while planting down the throttle is dead shit boring mate. Watching them constantly correct slides that u can't really see clearly on the outside shows alot more driver skill. All these electronics need to go lol. ABS included.

You have to see that TC and other electronics is crap for racing. Good for safety and that's it. Safety. Your avg joe shouldn't be racing anyway :).

Pace_T

HSC
yea e46s have the button right near the airconditioner i think it is ASC or something automatic stability control or something. depends on the model but, like 318 or wahtever .dont no about e36s but i msure its just a button lol

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
FWD don't experience much wheel spin compared to RWD. Again weight distribution and suspension setups equipped on them.
People don't seem to get this. When a car experiences positive acceleration (i.e. 0-100) the weight falls on the back wheels - thus lifting off the front wheels - facilitating wheelspin. This is regardless of how much weight there is on the front axle. The opposite is also true. In negative acceleration (100-0 i.e. braking) the weight falls on the front wheels - thus requiring larger front brakes - as present on all cars. Here's a diagram, for those who don't get the explanation.

This means that the following - FWD don't experience much wheel spin compared to RWD isn't true. They do.

Additionally, FWD weight distribution is usually skewed horribly towards the front, whereas similarly sports oriented RWDs can achieve a near perfect distribution.

bizadfar

HSC
Pace_T said:
yea e46s have the button right near the airconditioner i think it is ASC or something automatic stability control or something. depends on the model but, like 318 or wahtever .dont no about e36s but i msure its just a button lol
No you have to physicsally remove ASC from E36s.

gna

HSC
Your a fucking idiot Schoolies..

lets just compare me and you..

I own two cars that i bought with my own money. 01 Integra Type R and a 98 Accord V6-L. Hell my fucking Accord would own your POS Camry.

Fucking stereotyping dickhead, can't hack that someone at 18 can afford two cars eh?

Also if i hadn't been on the P Plate restrictions i would've ended up with a JDM S15, but i'm happy with driving a Type R. Much better than a Camry i'd say.

And also, all this "knowledge" you have..have you driven any of the cars you've driven or just read?

My mate owns a WRX and my other mate owns a S15 and they say my Teg handles much better than their own..but then again, you'd obviously be more correct because the experience you have at driving Sports cars..

Jiga

You have to see that TC and other electronics is crap for racing. Good for safety and that's it. Safety. Your avg joe shouldn't be racing anyway
I could raise a few other issues in relation to your post, but yes, that was my main point. And for street applications you want traction control because for example the last thing you want is to hit a corner at speed and understeer onto the wrong side of the road! On a track naturally they do away with these kind of things becuase they dont have lanes and their experienced enough to control their cars.

Your a fucking idiot Schoolies..

lets just compare me and you..
My comparisons were to show that the last car for $45k I would buy would be an Integra, it was a hypothetical.... in anycase Im happy with the car I worked to legitimately purchase.

I own two cars that i bought with my own money. 01 Integra Type R and a 98 Accord V6-L. Hell my fucking Accord would own your POS Camry.
I dont know about the Accord owning my car, it has 7kw more and 5Nm of torque extra... but weighs around 50kg more. Would be a tight race. But nevertheless, Im happy with my car, I think Im aware it isnt a 'sportscar' or a 'performance car'... but its a good car to drive for what it is with the little things I have done to it. And now you mention your car is a 2001 Integra, even more so Id get a 2001 WRX over it...... the 01 Integra is even less fitted out then the 06 (as you would expect), my Camry has the same amount of features if not more, lol

Fucking stereotyping dickhead, can't hack that someone at 18 can afford two cars eh?
Id like to know how in roughly 5 years of work you've earnt enough to purchase cars of a total value = $90,000? I would doubt someone who even left school in year 10 to work full time could accrue this much money in the years since leaving (3 years), even without spending a single dollar the whole time which would be highly unlikely.

Also if i hadn't been on the P Plate restrictions i would've ended up with a JDM S15, but i'm happy with driving a Type R. Much better than a Camry i'd say.
Yeah Id say a Integra is better then a Camry, but for me at least it isnt $35k better.... because thats the price difference!

And also, all this "knowledge" you have..have you driven any of the cars you've driven or just read?
Ive personally driven 4 cars, but Ive been in ALOT more... namely a friends WRX (So I can have my say on that matter... apart from the fact that you can research this kind of thing quite well these days).

My mate owns a WRX and my other mate owns a S15 and they say my Teg handles much better than their own..but then again, you'd obviously be more correct because the experience you have at driving Sports cars..
Yes I would be correct, I highly doubt a AWD car which is a better total package then the Integra (brakes, suspension, safety systems etc) would handle worse then an Integra, Id honestly bank on that! You just have to read the list of standard features as well, forgetting its only FWD, to get a good idea that this car is hardly a performance based car like a WRX or Evo... its a poser mobile.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
cbf;ed reading all of it but lets just race each other :D for slips bro
yeh make sure we all have neons too so we looks real h4rdc0re and make sure we have subs to weigh out cars all down so we dont fly when we launch so hard with our huge gt wings on the back. make sure half naked girls are watching too so we have more inspiration to show everyone just how big our penis' really are

seriously though there is no point comparing different types of cars when it comes down to personal preference. some may like the go-kart like handling and touge style driving of FF cars and others may like the torquey low rev response of turbo FR cars. WHO GIVES A FUCK

horses for courses people

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I so didn't intend for my little whinge to turn into such a debate... but anyhow, I'm over it.

Despite what everyone here says, I don't mind the Integra. Just this guy annoys me for other reasons. I'd go into more depth but I really can't be bothered ranting. Although one thing he said did crack me up- he told me to check out his HU because I'll "cream myself"... and whilst the stock HU is nice; >_>

Ironically enough, even though this is his 2nd car (owns Corolla sportivo) this chap is putting hot sound equipment in there... you'd think he'd buy it legit wouldn't u? *shrugs* Guess even the rich feel the need to save money wherever possible.

alexxxz

HSC
so typical. another my car's better than yours thread, or this car is better than this one... of course if you own a certain type of car your going to brag about it and compare it to other cars what features it has that another doesnt etc...

oh btw i'd love to see a dc5 type r outhandle a wrx.

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
alexxxz said:
so typical. another my car's better than yours thread, or this car is better than this one... of course if you own a certain type of car your going to brag about it and compare it to other cars what features it has that another doesnt etc...

oh btw i'd love to see a dc5 type r outhandle a wrx.
a case of the pot calling the kettle black?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
okay, there is no need for that kind of behaviour here. next time these posts will be deleted without warning.

- L1n -

HSC
LOL 17yr old with Integra Type S, the car is not that fast but it is a high reving car, i guess it suits him perfectly i'm guessing his over reving will be covered up by the fact integras work better with High Revs. Also thats just lame sports car for 1st car? u gotta learn how to drive a normal car first, Typical idiot who thinks Good car = getting chicks. A brand New integra Type S geez if i had that much cash i rather save a bit more and get a Mx5 or even maybe a Mazda 3 MPS, Integra Type S is probably like the worst driving car on the road interms of revs. But what u feel is perfectly justified by the fatc he rubbed his lil cheeky attitude in ur face, i got a tip for u. Drag him and flogg him then smoke him everyday for the rest of his days. lol I know it's a civic but still he probably can't even change gears properly. It is a Manual rite? if it's not he just wasted 40K+ on a piece of shit Auto sports car (no offence to all the AUto sports car owners, but this is just how i feel, if u want a sports car u drive manual).

- L1n -

HSC
seremify007 said:
I so didn't intend for my little whinge to turn into such a debate... but anyhow, I'm over it.

Despite what everyone here says, I don't mind the Integra. Just this guy annoys me for other reasons. I'd go into more depth but I really can't be bothered ranting. Although one thing he said did crack me up- he told me to check out his HU because I'll "cream myself"... and whilst the stock HU is nice; >_>

Ironically enough, even though this is his 2nd car (owns Corolla sportivo) this chap is putting hot sound equipment in there... you'd think he'd buy it legit wouldn't u? *shrugs* Guess even the rich feel the need to save money wherever possible.

Forget it he brags about his Type S, but to tell u the truth it's not really a great sports Car to brag about it's more looks than performance.

Let me guess in a few months his gonna lower it put 20 inch wheels on, get himself a turbo installed, aftermarket exhaust system, lower his ride with Kings super low springs, front and back swaybars with a strut brace to reduce body roll, and top it off with a FAT ASS GT Wing. +A new sound system (probably get Sony cos his a dumbass) and some fully sick vinyls. And then his gonna brag about it some more.

- L1n -

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
I could raise a few other issues in relation to your post, but yes, that was my main point. And for street applications you want traction control because for example the last thing you want is to hit a corner at speed and understeer onto the wrong side of the road! On a track naturally they do away with these kind of things becuase they dont have lanes and their experienced enough to control their cars.

My comparisons were to show that the last car for $45k I would buy would be an Integra, it was a hypothetical.... in anycase Im happy with the car I worked to legitimately purchase.

I dont know about the Accord owning my car, it has 7kw more and 5Nm of torque extra... but weighs around 50kg more. Would be a tight race. But nevertheless, Im happy with my car, I think Im aware it isnt a 'sportscar' or a 'performance car'... but its a good car to drive for what it is with the little things I have done to it. And now you mention your car is a 2001 Integra, even more so Id get a 2001 WRX over it...... the 01 Integra is even less fitted out then the 06 (as you would expect), my Camry has the same amount of features if not more, lol

Id like to know how in roughly 5 years of work you've earnt enough to purchase cars of a total value = $90,000? I would doubt someone who even left school in year 10 to work full time could accrue this much money in the years since leaving (3 years), even without spending a single dollar the whole time which would be highly unlikely.

Yeah Id say a Integra is better then a Camry, but for me at least it isnt $35k better.... because thats the price difference!

Ive personally driven 4 cars, but Ive been in ALOT more... namely a friends WRX (So I can have my say on that matter... apart from the fact that you can research this kind of thing quite well these days).

Yes I would be correct, I highly doubt a AWD car which is a better total package then the Integra (brakes, suspension, safety systems etc) would handle worse then an Integra, Id honestly bank on that! You just have to read the list of standard features as well, forgetting its only FWD, to get a good idea that this car is hardly a performance based car like a WRX or Evo... its a poser mobile.

U raised some very good pt buddy, who da F8ck in their right mind would ever want a FWD sports car, thats why i would never touch a Integra for 45K. And yes i highly agree with u on AWD > FWD no doubt.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks L1n. Cheered me up :)

I think he's one of those guys who brags that he goes racing at Galston... hopefully one of you guys will smash him. I'm not that game to drive my car at Galston (yet)- would rather wait until I'm 100% confident with my car than to try now and risk screwing up.

- L1n -

HSC
seremify007 said:
Thanks L1n. Cheered me up :)

I think he's one of those guys who brags that he goes racing at Galston... hopefully one of you guys will smash him. I'm not that game to drive my car at Galston (yet)- would rather wait until I'm 100% confident with my car than to try now and risk screwing up.[/QUOT

A Monkey can drive fast in a Integra, driving fast 1 a straght line is nothing to brag about it's more to do with the car then the skills of the driver especially when 1 is definitely more powerful, it's a different story when both have the same car but still i find theres to many idiots on the roads these days, an perfect example the other day on the way to UNi on epping road, some FOB (sorry if i offend anyone), had a AUTO Integra Type S with his not so good looking Girlfriend inside at the lights he raced off?>????? i mean what was the pt of that i had no intention to race him and he probably thought he was good cost he beat someone whose was not even racing and had a sp23 which is less powerful than the Type S by a mile.

He drives at Galston? with others or by himself doing 30 around the corners and 200 in the straght lol. Why would u do that to your brand new car the dude is clearly lost.

But yeh do't think to much into it his just a typical teen who thinks a so called sports car makes him a great driver but 90 percent of the time he will get thrashed by someone who has a comparable car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you can get Type S in automatics (well not from local Honda dealers) can you? *shrugs* Never really considered it since it wasn't really suitable for me (being a new P Plater and all).

As for Galston... i've never driven there- like i said not game. He told me that him and his Dad used to race each other in the WRX or something like that... never really cared; but I always wondered if he was bluffing/exaggerating, or if he really did have any skill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)