What's wrong with me...? Am I just jealous? (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I know the answer to this myself; but sometimes I find myself pondering it.

I'm not even sure how to word it.. but it led me to do a lot of thinking.

There's a guy I know, and he got a new Integra Type S.
I'm thinking I'm jealous... but it goes much deeper than that.

He's the kindof guy.. who just got his P plates (he's a stereotypical 17 year old driver), is too cool for school, and brags about the fact that when he got his license the first thing he did was speed at 140km/h or something... and then his rents buy him a sports car.

I'm not sure why, but even before he got it- I thought he was.. ugh.
But now, I just think he's double-ugh.

This is the way he messages me; he says to me "Hey jeff. U know how u have a Honda Civic? Well I just got a Honda Integra Type S."...
... and I'm not sure what it was about that, but it made me go "ugh" at him.
I'm not sure if it's jealousy/envy... but I can't think of any other way to explain it. But I'm reasonably content with everything in my world so what is the fuel for this emotion?

Am I jealous that his parents are able to spoil him even though he is such a fool- the kind who will do stupid things and risk other peoples' lives? Or am I just bitter that I actually go to work and study hard at uni, and get my Civic keyed- and he coasts around year11 (assuming he goes to school) in a new sports car his parents paid for?

I know that technically I'm in a similar position to him- so is this some kind of rivalry or is it something else? Any ideas?

For what it's worth, I thought he was a bit of a jerk beforehand- and well, nothing much has changed.
I dont even know why you're going on about that guy when you were like that yourself...

Before you got your red Ps your parents were already talking about getting you a car, letting you choose it yourself.... you didn't even choose the base model but spent a few grand more to upgrade....

When you got your Ps you were telling us in the forums that you redlined your car, until I (and some others) told you to not do it until the first service...

And you say he got a new sound system... but omgwtfbbq surprise you got one/planned to get one too before your car was even a month old...

It's not like you paid for your own car, and at the time you got your car you weren't employed yet... so that rules work out

The bragging? I think you've stuck about 10 pictures of your own car in this forum... =S Or at least given the links so we can perve on your spanking new car...

Anyways, there are alot of people like your friend, but why are you only jealous of him? Just treat him like any other lucky bastard out there who gets mummy and daddy to pay for everything whilst he just sits on his ass and watches as luxuries fall around him.

lengy

HSC
Be proud of what you've earned, what you have, there will always be richer people. I'd be happy if I got a Yaris sedan. It wont have a V6 engine, but it is enough to serve me. It'll be cheap and reliable and that's all that will matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)