what's the longest book you've read? (1 Viewer)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by mayhemily
hey do we REALLY know that sirius is dead? Because someone told me it isn't confirmed, just assumed because he goes behind the curtain etc...
It's like that simpson episode, who shot Mr. Burns?

We all theorised for months, and then we found out it was Maggie.

Whatever you're thinking, or anyone else is thinking, is 99.99% of the time, wrong. You're just going to have to read the next 2 books, and find out for yourself then. (Or more books, let's see if she can somehow extend the books beyond hogwarts, get an 8th year: "Harry and Ron repeat final year")

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah... who knows? he just fell behind the veil.......... hmmm. id idn't actually cry the first time i read it. (i did when cedric died, though), maybe coz his death was so ... comical? in a way? :p

but i agree with Pale Reflection, because we all knew someone was going to die, everyone was dreading the moment it happened......

BUT WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SIRIUS, DAMMIT?!?! :mad:

i think JKR said something about writing more books after the 7th... not an 8th book, but just more books on the HP world etc.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
I know this is a thread for the longest books.....but does anyone have any favourite short stories

(note doing a short story unit for ext eng ;) )

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Don't worry, its a nice juxtaposition. Some of my favourite short stories/novellas include;

James Joyce-Araby, The Dead (Well, Dubliners in its entirety, as a thematically unified collection of short stories.)
Franz Kafka-The Burrow, In The Penal Colony, The Metamorphosis
Anton Chekhov-A Dreary Story.
Joseph Conrad-Heart Of Darkness.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Thanks Gregor Samsa, book guru~~! As much as marvel at your knowledge of books...I crack up at your avatar of that freaky teacher off Daria
cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)