what's the longest book you've read? (2 Viewers)

lazybum

HSC
N/A
mine i think is anna karenina,
i'm up to pg 700 and still reading.

how quick has it taken u to read a book?

rubylotus11

I have to admit I haven't read that many long books. Maybe Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Alan Bullock-Hitler & Stalin;Parallel Lives. (1300 pages...Read this in Year 7, funnily enough.)

Second longest would probably be Ulysses, which took five days. Much fun was had.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
5th harry potter book. i would like to read more long books but i dont think ill have much time this yr. i would read war and peace just for the sake of being able to say for the rest of my life that i read it!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
actually, speaking of long books, has any one here read middlemarch by george eliot? if so, how long did it take u?

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yeh, Harry Potter 5 was prolly the longest book that I've read...
Closely followed by the LOTR books...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
snow falling on cedars. i havent read many long books

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
the bible.. well.. havent finished that one yet... dont really read it in a cover to cover fashion... (spend all your life reading it and never finish)

Ocker

Probably Lord of the Rings of the Hitchhikers Guide...

If you think of the Hobbit, Silmarillion, HOME, other short stories etc. one big grand book, that would be it :D

Melanie Jane

My edition of 'The Secret History' is 628 pages.
The Bronze Horseman has very small print and is 730+ pages long. I've also read Harry Potter - Order of the Pheonix (what? Harry's ber-cool :uhoh: ).
I don't really read many long books - the tend to drag on.

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Originally posted by aphrodisiacgirl
The quickest I've ever read a book is approx 5hrs for the 1st Wheel of Time novel.
rubbish you either skip ALOT of pages or are lying choose...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
a judy blume book- summer sisters? or some similar title
took me like 2 weeks. it was interesting going thru life and stuff

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Lord of the Rings, all books in one..fuk that was one big chunky monster!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Australian War Classics - 1,200 pages +

It's 4 stories in one book - 2 of the Siege at Tobruk/Desert Rats, one about a POW under the Japanese, and the last of a Commando (special forces) in Boganville following WW2. It's amazing how so many Australian war stories, no matter how depressing and bleak the soldiers situation is, there is always this undeniable spirt and humour in their writtings. I mean, it shows the Wars for what it really was - the horrors of it all - but an Australian spirt always shines through. They reckon the main reason Australian POWs survived the Japanese in such disproportinatly high numbers is because of their such high spirts and humour.

Forefathers (Nancy Cato) was pretty long too, 690 odd pages.

The Stand was really long!! I remember that one, 800 pages? something like that.. and the writtings was soo tiny!

But the full collection of all the Lord of the Rings was by far the longest! 1,300 or so pages. How about the entire History of Middle Earth? theres 12 volumes! Though, LOTR's was so long because of the appendix and maps aswell, so.. ;)

Anyways..

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I think for me it would be either one of Isobelle Carmody's monster length books (either the latest Obernewtyn or Darkfall... I can't be bothered to go check how long they are) or one of Jean Auel's trashy Earthsong series.

I hate reading really thick paper back books when they're so thick that reading the middle of the book makes the spine snap in half and the pages all fall out. Soo many of my good books have had that happen. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)