what's the longest book you've read? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Harry Potter is wimpy. Get some REAL literature!

At the moment the longest that comes to mind is the complete LOTR (+ hobbit), which I'm due to start again shortly. I've read through the Bible (remember, length is not always linear) and also plan on making headway in Gray's Anatomy. On the shorter side is Cervantes' Don Quixote (the man which "Quixotic" describes).

veg

hahah harry potter and the order of the phoenix was heaps spaced out n stuff so it took up so many pages.

but yes... it owuld have to be my answer as well! haha

aud

HSC
Lord of the Rings, or Obernewtyn Chronicles... which I think is longer because they take up more room on my shelf :D But I think I'm leaving something out... I'll think of it later, Mists of Avalon is pretty long too.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Alan Bullock-Hitler & Stalin;Parallel Lives. (1300 pages...Read this in Year 7, funnily enough.)

Second longest would probably be Ulysses, which took five days. Much fun was had.
*Update*

Longest book I've read this year (and third-lengthiest overall) would be The Brothers Karamazov, which is definitely worth reading to those who have the time.

Interesting how Harry Potter is the longest for so many people..

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by aud
Because it's not that 'long' due to the fact it's written for kids.
hmm... but i think OoTP isn't really suitable for many kids.
btw, is that jai in your avatar? i love you! :D

Originally posted by Josie
Look at the spacing and the font size for starters... :p
it's not that big, is it?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I haven't read a FULL book since year 5.

I mean for the HSC Cloudstreet I only got up to page 43 then gave up and decided to just plagarise my essay -____-

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't know what the longest book I ever read was. Jane Eyre is probably the longest, seeing as though I've never finished it :D then it's probably Blackwood Farm[/] by Anne Rice.

Ursula-Sama

HSC
N/A
Longest book this year would have to be "Portrait of a Labut seeing as its only the beginning of 2004, i'd say when i get around to read the entire collection of Tolken's books, that will be the longggggest.......

but to say the truth, Ootp isn't that long, i finished the entire book on a return trip to canberra.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by Ursula-Sama

but to say the truth, Ootp isn't that long, i finished the entire book on a return trip to canberra.
woah O__o;; it took me i think about 13hrs (not including breaks) to read it. and then i read it all over again the next day, lol

Demandred

HSC
Wheel of Time series, some of those books gets over 1000 pages, there are 11 books so far and its still going. Waiting for the next book in the series, would be so pissed off if the author dies before finishing it >:/

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)