What're your standards/criteria? (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
-can help drive while you eat maccas
Or will feed you Maccas while you drive. I find that works better.

I don't have strict criteria per se. Like everyone else, I'd like them to be attractive but according to my friends, people I think are attractive are apparently quirky looking.

It'd be nice if they had similar interests in music and literature but these days, anymore who reads any kind of books is pretty good :p

But really, I've found that I like people with very different personal characteristics but basic common aspects are that they're reasonably intelligent, funny in a black humor kind of way and fairly nice people.

I like who I like, regardless of what boxes they may tick on a list of criteria.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
Or will feed you Maccas while you drive. I find that works better.

I don't have strict criteria per se. Like everyone else, I'd like them to be attractive but according to my friends, people I think are attractive are apparently quirky looking.

It'd be nice if they had similar interests in music and literature but these days, anymore who reads any kind of books is pretty good :p

But really, I've found that I like people with very different personal characteristics but basic common aspects are that they're smart, funny and nice.

I like who I like, regardless of what boxes they may tick on a list of criteria.
hmmm I find its the combination of qualities/features that would determine if that person is worth it to me. For example if a girl was funny/smart but not nice, doesnt work clearly. Smart/nice could work and funny/nice might work as well, granted that they aren't completely retarded just average.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
My Criteria (ie. instant dealbreakers):
Non smoker
Not a total alco
Has a job/ is studying/ whatever (as long as they don't do nothing at all)
Someone I respect & who respects me
Male
Is there for me & is considerate
Is good to talk to and also lets me get a word in edgewise
Is not a whinger
Has a few interests outside of the following: TV, computer games, fleeting obsessions. Must be able to stay entertained without the use of technology.

My Ideal (to some extent negotioable):
Is not too opinionated
Is alright at saving money and such
Is interested in travel
Is interested in camping/outdoors (and pref hiking too)
Dresses okay (doesn't have to be amazing with clothes but at least recognises that there is a time and a place for torn jeans and baggy t-shirts)
Pulls me up on stuff if I'm being stupid
Gets along with people
Is not a total exhibitionist

Preferences
Likes similar music to me
Has healthy sleeping patterns
A person whose idea of cooking is not putting a jar of premade pasta sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
Enjoys the following movies: Juno, Chocolat and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (ie. gets my sense of humour)
Is interested in reading
Is an alright dancer
Is insightful & not a total dumbarse
Not fat

I've never met anyone who meets most/all of these, and I don't expect to. If they are nice enough, we get along, we have fun, we can talk about stuff then I'm happy.

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
can spell and use correct grammar and punctuation

sends me text messages that do not take me an hour to decode because they contain "lol thats sooofunni, i cu l8erzz MwAhHH xxx"

Nanasaurus

HSC
oh, let's see.

uhm...

pretty much someone who is cleaned properly and dressed appropriately. I like people with open and honest faces, and want someone who will make me laugh and accept me for who I am. Someone that will tell me when something's wrong, so it can be discussed and we can move forward.

EpicFailGuy

Banned
HSC
oh, let's see.

uhm...

pretty much someone who is cleaned properly and dressed appropriately. I like people with open and honest faces, and want someone who will make me laugh and accept me for who I am. Someone that will tell me when something's wrong, so it can be discussed and we can move forward.
$10 this chick is fat

Nanasaurus

HSC
well, when I said 'accept me', it was more an 'accept me and my screwed up family as we unfortunately come as a packaged deal. don't run away when dad pulls out weaponry, it's just the test.'

HSC
In terms of looks:
- 7/10+
- Thin girls tend to age better
- I have a soft spot for dark girls (cornish, spanish, otherwise)

Call me shallow, but I want someone I'm going to be sexually attracted to.

In terms of personal characteristics it's hard to say. I've dated girls who could be a female clone of me, a girl with bipolar, a few loud Spanish girls and a girl so quiet at 19 she can count the number of times she's drank on one hand.

All of them had completely different personalities/stereotypes but worked due to their own unique nuances.

Just generally I'd want someone who can get along with my friends and family, but if I care enough about them even that's optional. Coming from a background where I was picked on a fair bit as a kid, being a tad unconventional, having some emotional depth and being a little clingy is a must.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)