What would you like to see on BOS? (2 Viewers)

CecilyMare

HSC
people could talk on it, post random messages, spam etc

more of tsomething that the ns'ers would be fond of.

Nahidul

HSC
Belonging Resources

Hey, i was just wondering when will there be a resources page for the new Area of Study, Belonging ? The journeys one is still there, and is relatively still helpful too although it would be more beneficial to initiate a new Resources page dedicated to the new area of study included in the English resources.

Please consider this idea.

Nahidul

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: Belonging Resources

I think this is a great idea - and I have brought this to the attention of some of the people who can do something about this. Thanks for this suggestion. :)

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Just adding to what Aerath said, a 'Belonging' Resources section would be an excellent resource for the current HSC students as well as future HSC students. It has been something that we have been planning on implementing for some time now. At the moment it is out of our hands as we are waiting on the relevant people to implement it, but we will ask that it is prioritised. Hopefully it will be implemented some time soon and I'm sure the English Moderators will do their best to get it running as effectively as possible when it is implemented.

In the meantime Belonging Resources are available in the General Section of the AOS Resources page here: http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=31

Last edited:

Nahidul

HSC

Okay thanks for your quick replies and it is good to see other people on the same boat as me. Who are the people that are able to implement this anyway? i thought it was you guys the moderators.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

Okay thanks for your quick replies and it is good to see other people on the same boat as me. Who are the people that are able to implement this anyway? i thought it was you guys the moderators.
The Moderators are involved in the organisation and approval process for the resources section, but there is also a technical person involved with the system.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

In the mean time - some Belonging stuff can be found at this link:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/view.php?course=31#31.5

I'll put some more Belonging Stuff up under there. :)

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Also it'd be nice to see the amount of downloads of each resource, so you can see what's popular and whatever.
Bos currently has QuickChat which Premium Members have access to. It is not used a lot though. Most members prefer to chat via other means...msn, facebook etc.

KnifeySpoony said:
Also it'd be nice to see the amount of downloads of each resource, so you can see what's popular and whatever.
You currently can. When you click a resource to download it comes up with a page which has info including the number of downloads.
Eg:
Description: Notes (written from 2 textbooks and other sources)
Subject: Business Studies
Module: Business Management and Change
Source:
Year: 2009 Type: DOC Downloads: 91

HumanDichotomy said:
A 'Philosophical' section. Too much religious discussion clogging up the NCAP forum.
This has been suggested before with many members also wanting to leave it as is. You can find the proposal here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/214/news-current-affairs-politics/178723/ncap-subforum-change-proposal.html
Feel free to add your comments.

Blackdragon said:
I'm not sure that this is possible but one thing that would be really useful would be polls that allow people to change their opinion as to be able to guage changes in overall opinion over time. This would be particular useful in the current affairs and politics forums where polls are usually defunct because they don't tell us how people feel now and whether that has changed.
Would have to find a hack to do this.

Last edited:

Nahidul

HSC

hmm also i have another suggestion if i may. the 4 unit section has a 'hsc tips sub forum' i strongly believe that the 3 unit and 2 unit sections with a sub forum for hsc tips will be beneficial. well not only HSC tips but also prelim as well, entire course tips. what ya reckon? please correct me if there already is one and im jsut not seeing it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

I believe the 4U Maths section has the HSC Tips sub forum. That's because the HSC for 4U Maths is quite different to the style of Trial papers that are given out by schools. Therefore, it is somewhat necessary to have a HSC tips forum.

There's really no such 'tips' for HSC English other than to do what you've been doing all year - constant revision of essays and re-reading your texts.

Nahidul

HSC

haha i wasnt talking about the english section for hsc tips, i was thinking like for the 3u and 2u MATHS sections of the forum. i see that it is irrelevant to post it here but i was just continuing my suggestion form above. i just think that the 3U and 2U sections should have a hsc tips section as well as the 4U section.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

haha i wasnt talking about the english section for hsc tips, i was thinking like for the 3u and 2u MATHS sections of the forum. i see that it is irrelevant to post it here but i was just continuing my suggestion form above. i just think that the 3U and 2U sections should have a hsc tips section as well as the 4U section.
Have a chat to the Maths Mod (jetblack2007) regarding this. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PMed him.

Dragonmaster262 said:
HSC educational games?
A lot of the HSC Forums have a 'marathon' thread. If you think of any others please feel free to start them within the forums or talk to the Mods (either PM the Forum Mod or post in Contact Mods) regarding the implementation of them.

Without Wings

Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

jetblack2007 and I have discussed this suggestion and decided that we will implement it and see how it goes. I have created a HSC Tips subforum for Mathematics and Mathematics Ext 1. Now they just needs to be filled with tips :)

Maths - Bored of Studies

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

Oh. Good suggestion. :p
Hmmm, I think the reason I thought it was English was because I think I read it in the English forums. My bad. :)

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC

i think it would be more convenient to have a rep notification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)