What would you like to see on BOS 2006? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
What do you want to see in 2006 on Bored of Studies?

Let us know!

HSC
how about a more powerful search engine?

itd be easier to find individual users so that the search results brings up user profiles instead of posts by user or threads started by user.

and how about searching bos members by email address? thatd be sweet.

steamroller60

Yay for no school
HSC
could you please update SAM and include some instructions on the page (as opposed to directing people to the forum)? i've used it but don't really get it...and in the year thing you can pick 2001,2002, or 2003....

also, would you be able to have tshirts with stuff on the back as well as the front?

ok thanks

apart from that BOS is cool the way it is!!!

santaslayer

HSC
steamroller60 said:
could you please update SAM and include some instructions on the page (as opposed to directing people to the forum)? i've used it but don't really get it...and in the year thing you can pick 2001,2002, or 2003....

also, would you be able to have tshirts with stuff on the back as well as the front?

ok thanks

apart from that BOS is cool the way it is!!!
different years will produce different uais...

klaw

HSC
Customised forums. E.g. I can make it so they only show the subjects I do, instead of having to go through millions to find subforums that apply to me

santaslayer

HSC
klaw said:
Customised forums. E.g. I can make it so they only show the subjects I do, instead of having to go through millions to find subforums that apply to me
ur're a lazy bum. :p

a8o

HSC
I'd like the see "the hsc is imminent" sign be removed fromt he front page.

Let the countdown begin.

gwemma88

HSC
Ok sure i know this is meant to be a site aimed mainly at HSC students, but you also have the prelim section. I would like subjects in the prelim section too so that each subject can have forums and also post study notes.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
That would require coding a new board from scratch.
It'd involve more coding, but not from scratch...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
yeh like search for members by school would be good. It would require a bit of coding though, and i doubt the admins have time.

Although there may be a vBulletin mod out there already....in fact iw ould be suprised if somebody out there hadnt already made it.

Last edited:
HSC
I know that this site is mainly aimed towards the HSC students, but I would like to see the VCE sub-site developed a bit more.

HSC
playboy2njoy said:
Unfortunately what the VCE area needs is advertising in Victoria. Bored grew in NSW because of the fact that people were writing it on street posts, flyers, etc...
No, it grew through word of mouth. It was huge before any big flyer drives.

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
how about a more powerful search engine?

itd be easier to find individual users so that the search results brings up user profiles instead of posts by user or threads started by user.

and how about searching bos members by email address? thatd be sweet.
Rafy said:
yeh like search for members by school would be good. It would require a bit of coding though, and i doubt the admins have time.

Although there may be a vBulletin mod out there already....in fact iw ould be suprised if somebody out there hadnt already made it.
It's already there, just you people are computer illiterate;)
http://community.boredofstudies.org/memberlist.php?do=search

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
euskadi_warrior said:
I know that this site is mainly aimed towards the HSC students, but I would like to see the VCE sub-site developed a bit more.

Well you have the basics there.... I'm sure the VCE stuff will develop gradually as the number of users increases...

Remember, VCE sub-site was only started this year. The HSC site has had 4 years to grow its numbers, resources etc.

Capitalist Pig: Always nice to know, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)