What would you like to see on BOS 2006? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
one small suggestion:

it would be good if u could actually see the result of [...][/...] things WHILE do ur reply post. would be particularly good for maths as well, posting up questions and solutions.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:
one small suggestion:

it would be good if u could actually see the result of [...][/...] things WHILE do ur reply post. would be particularly good for maths as well, posting up questions and solutions.
What do you mean? You can always preview posts.

J

jhakka

kami said:
Perhaps it might be useful to have a little box that you click in the corner of posts before you reply to a thread instead of the quote button? It would make quoting multiple people in the one post far easier.
I miss good old Quick Quote.

I don't know all the technical details, but maybe this version of vBulletin doesn't support it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I dont think there has been an update from the 3.5.0 version, so may be outdated.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
AsyLum said:
What do you mean? You can always preview posts.
mmmm maybe you could combine the reply post + preview post together, so whatever you type, thats the exact preview.

just a thought, suddenly realised it isnt very feasible.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:
mmmm maybe you could combine the reply post + preview post together, so whatever you type, thats the exact preview.

Actually, I've seen a few vBulletin boards with WYSIWYG editing. I'm not sure if it's a hack or built in, but I know it's possible.

I_F

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its a hack, but i don't know how much stress it'd put on the site to be honest, not too sure what it uses/how it works.

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Can we have a mod-query kind of thing? Particularly for "why was my thread deleted?" type requests.

yeah sounds like an idea....i had one of my threads deleted before without reason. pretty annoying, especially when you don't know which of the mods deleted it.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Mountain.Dew said:

Go to User CP, click Edit Options, scroll down until you see Message Editor Interface, and select Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

The next time you reply to a post, you'll be able to highlight text, click B or I, and be able to preview your message inside the textbox. When you upload images, click the image button and paste the html. The image will load immediately.

My suggestion: Something small - when someone is on invisible mode, the "Last Activity" option should be disabled for them. You can't hide from anyone if they can see "Last Activity: Today, 7:22 PM" under your name.

P.S. I wouldn't mind a new layout and themes/skins, either. :)

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
king_of_boredom said:
yeah sounds like an idea....i had one of my threads deleted before without reason. pretty annoying, especially when you don't know which of the mods deleted it.
I disagree- this system would be abused. Just send a supermod a Private Message (or any mod that has access to that forum, they are listed for a reason), and wait patiently for a response.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dreamerish*~ said:
My suggestion: Something small - when someone is on invisible mode, the "Last Activity" option should be disabled for them. You can't hide from anyone if they can see "Last Activity: Today, 7:22 PM" under your name.
I agree, maybe we could have an option for 3 levels of activity:
Normal: totally visible including green light, browsing what forum, last activity displayed.
Medium: others cannot see what forum you're in but can see your last activity.
Maximum: others cannot see what forum you're browsing or the your last activity.

Just an idea. :p

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Also... competitions! With cars as prizes! :rolleyes:
Competitions are a distinct possibility in the future :) Although, I'm sure that they won't involve cars.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Suggestion - I think the thing with the links in our profile info should be removed. Personally I don't see how it's useful, especially for "Gender" - click "Female" and you'd get a list of half of BoS (including past members who haven't visited for years). Besides, people spell things differently, and enter information in different formats, resulting in too many groups consisting of only one member.

Anyway, the links look messier than normal text.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Without Wings said:
It's useful for searching for people from the same educational institution/area etc as you. Some members requested this feature in the past.

But i do agree it does look messy in some profiles, especially when people have long locations etc that aren't real etc
Ah, ok then. Maybe the link option can be limited to Educational Institution, Course/Subjects and Location?

Well it's not a big deal. :p Just a teeny eyesore.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I don't see it as much of an inconvenience. You get to see more info about the person and somehow I doubt that a lot of people browse profiles anyway.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
idea: as dreamerish said, there're lots of members who havent used the site in ages. maybe you could go through and do a cull of everyone who hasnt used the site in 1-2 years. there's lots of people who join just for sam, resources, etc during year 12 and then dont use it again. sure it'll cut down our member numbers, but you've got t admit, it gets annoying having to search through hundreds of people who havent used the site in ages to find one active member.

speaking of member numbers, why's that gone from the front page?

edit: on the topic of location, etc searches; maybe only allow the details with more than one occurrence to be able to be searched? if that's possible. or just limit it to uni, subjects (and even then, not all of them can be searched), etc, as dreamerish said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)