What were Muse thinking? (1 Viewer)

NoName91

HSC
I don't care if I get blasted for this... but Muse's latest album... well... it sucked. What happened to the rock? I wasn't surprised, however, by the sound of the new album. You could hear it coming on Black Holes. The Rock-to-Pop ratio has swung waaay to hard to the right, anyone agree?

Here's how I see their albums... feedback plz...

Absolution = Origin of Symmetry > Showbiz > Black Holes & Revelations > The Resistance

NoName91

HSC
Do you do all your retorts by images because you can't come up with them yourself?

But yes an opinion is an opinion... just want to see what everyone else's is

Arctopus

HSC
Do you do all your retorts by images because you can't come up with them yourself?

But yes an opinion is an opinion... just want to see what everyone else's is
Yeah, you'd have to be a genius to come up with "that's just your opinion, man" wouldn't you, you fucking idiot.

My opinion is that Muse are incredibly boring but, to borrow from that genius line, that's just my opinion, man.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I found The Resistence dissapointing. Certainly didn't live up to the two great albums that preceded it.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Absolution = Origin of Symmetry > Showbiz > Black Holes & Revelations > The Resistance
Origin of Symmetry > (narrowly) Absolution > Hullabaloo > Showbiz (tbh not much between the four, all solid albums). > all > shit > Black Holes & Revelations > The Resitance.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
imo
BH&R, Hullaballoo, Showbiz, Absolution, OOS, The Resistance

only amazing song on the resistance is Undisclosed Desires

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hopefully it's just an aberration.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
same thing they were thinking making their other albums

occer

HSC
N/A
I don't care if I get blasted for this... but Muse's latest album... well... it sucked. What happened to the rock? I wasn't surprised, however, by the sound of the new album. You could hear it coming on Black Holes. The Rock-to-Pop ratio has swung waaay to hard to the right, anyone agree?

Here's how I see their albums... feedback plz...

I would go Origin of Symmetry > Absolution > Showbiz > The Resistance > Black Holes & Revelations myself.

TR was not great but MK Ultra a a few other tracks made it a decent album, one of my top 5 for the year at least.

sombrero

HSC
I thought it was obvious...

Like many bands their older music is way better

A common response to you would be "It's better than the music you've composed"

Unless you're Paul McCartney behind that keyboard

NoName91

HSC
Yeah, you'd have to be a genius to come up with "that's just your opinion, man" wouldn't you, you fucking idiot.

My opinion is that Muse are incredibly boring but, to borrow from that genius line, that's just my opinion, man.
So apparently I'm a "fucking idiot" am I? Well if I am I guess I better retract my awful comment about your beloved picture. You win at life. Congratulations.

mat-thew

HSC
Without being a big fan of Muse nor having listened to this album, but simply based on the responses by the people on this thread, I speculate they were thinking "Let's do something different"

Lord Farquad

HSC
it has become super cool to hate on the resistance when it is a billion times superior to black holes and revelations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)