What was your creative writing about? (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Mine was a third person perspective on the torment of a boy who had no association at school or with friends who was gay trying to tell his parents about his his homosexuality. he fears they will reject him.
It is simple and to the point. AND I RAPED IT.

Randomboy

HSC
An estate prostitute who develops deep connections with her clients through literature.
Sound like a kinkier version of "The Reader" bahaha good work :)

Mine was a third person perspective on the torment of a boy who had no association at school or with friends who was gay trying to tell his parents about his his homosexuality. he fears they will reject him.
It is simple and to the point. AND I RAPED IT.

This wouldn't happen to be a biography by any chance? :D

I ended up doing a story the delved into relating with people at a camping ground, and the importance that has on your feeling of existence.

boxhunter91

HSC
LOl random.
I gave to a few of my friends. They thought it was a biography.

jotdan

HSC
I did a white guy called Angus who wants to be asian.

AHHA sounds like me! (white guy at canley vale high)

My story was about two adolescents sitting in a forest in front of a campfire, and the guy tells his girl about his grandmas funeral and how his grandad coped with it

Dealt with belonging on a number of levels;
Interaction between the guy and girl- and their misunderstandings of the importance of the funeral
The guys reminiscence at losing his grandparents
Reflecting on his grandads loss and how it affected him
The fire is symbolic of the process in these relationships- grows smaller in the wind, larger when more fire is added, and a coal rolls away and grows cold quickly from being seperated

Always got 14/15 for it in exams, but i think i rushed it this time to have more time for essay T_T

jotdan

HSC
wow jotdan that sounds really good!

HAHA, why thankyou

mine in fact WAS a biography- in half yearlies the quote couldnt match the story I planned, so i just wrote about what i remember about my grandad (deceased 2004)
Ended up spending an hr for the half yearlies n the story and nearly crying when i concluded with his death =/

boxhunter91

HSC
Im sorry man.
The use of the fire as a metaphor will get you good marks.

pman

Banned
HSC
A christian missionary who was accidently shot by his best friend whilst out hunting

dynan

HSC
A guy who basis his self worth on his possessions
and he has a revelation during a strom

jotdan

HSC
A guy who basis his self worth on his possessions
and he has a revelation during a strom

A mentally retarded serial killer Robot has to choose whether he or his best friend lives or dies

his best friends a talking pie

totally should have done that instead of mine T_T

lolrofllol

HSC
i wrote a story about a kid from out of space. he can read people's minds, making it all the more difficult for him to fit in at his new school in dubbo. he meets a friend called kiraki, who's a torres strait islander, and his dad owns an abattoir. kiraki finds out that kgnlu (the alien's name) is an alien, and tries to expose him to everyone at school. this has the effect of alienating them both, and eventually drawing them together as closer friends. there are a few funny scenes were kgnlu bursts out in science class, with some whacky alien theories and is laughed at by the class. eventually kgnlu decides that hes never going to fit in anywhere, and puts himself in stasis and travels to the end of the universe. many many years later he awakens from stasis, and he meets god at the end of the universe. from this encounter he learns alot, and god grants him one wish. with it, he allows kgnlu to go back in time to earth, and fix things up with kiraki. kgnlu ends up becoming a successful car salesman, and has a wife, and one semi-alien kid name pntal. the end :)
For those who tl;dr'd this..

Best. Story. Ever

MrMiyagi

HSC
Mine was kind of weird. Throughout the entire story u develop the idea that its based on a coloured person seperated from the perfect 'white' group. I used a lot of metaphors and language techniques to emphasise the colour difference between 'myself' and 'the others'...anyway the story keeps going on about how this person isnt allowed to mix with others because of the trouble and change he will cause...as his characteristics will fade on to them. The story ends with him eventually mixing with them and them acknowlegding his existence and differences....finally it is revealed that the person that gains belonging is not actually a person but a RED sock in a white pile and the reason being that it aint allowed to mix cause his characteristics/colour will fade on to them. I hope they like it :(

Who has to Know

HSC
my story was okay i think, did it on a child with special needs who was gifted in music, but didnt show it because his parents blamed him for all their problems and didnt accept him for who he was. only one person had ever accepted him a child carer from an oosh he went to, but his parents forced him to move. it was only when he was about to go into year eleven that his school got a music program, and lo and behold the teacher is his old carer. its only after others in the school hear him play that he begins to be accepted, by the school and later by his parents. hoping it gets good marks :)

mazarati

HSC
My story was about a woman who had just had a baby and was going back to work. She has to leave her child at daycare but her family are upset at this, but she has to because she has a mortgage etc.

It was about how she felt becoming part of the cold corporate crowd again and having to play a part that she did not want to play...

gypo101

HSC
it was a journal entry from a girl, ever since her mothers death, rejects her and she speaks of her alienation and contrasts the family life they had when her mum was alive etc.

is this too cliched?

bored of sc

HSC
it was a journal entry from a girl, ever since her mothers death, rejects her and she speaks of her alienation and contrasts the family life they had when her mum was alive etc.

is this too cliched?
A story becomes cliched when it is written using cliched language, not simply the plot/content itself. It really depends on how you've written it. The idea itself sounds okay to me.

My creative writing was a narrative about a man skating through his childhood town realising that he could no longer belong to it anymore because it had changed so much. But I ruined it cause I added in bits about him looking back on how his family used to be close-knit (this was to fit the question) and it turned out super cliched i.e. I used terribly cliched language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)