What was your creative writing about? (1 Viewer)

MatildaR

HSC
Mine was told from two perspectives, a man and woman who lived together, but weren't dating or anything. Both talked of how they belonged together and how the man hadn't belonged since his wife had died. Then there was a final section in which it was revealed that they were actually the same person and the man had started cross dressing to feel as though he belonged again.

Hopefully I got at least 12.

What was yours about?

F M L

HSC
Mine was about this kid that got separated from his family, then he went and lived with all these monkeys. I thought it was alright for on the spot.....

Gaston

HSC
Mine was told from two perspectives, a man and woman who lived together, but weren't dating or anything. Both talked of how they belonged together and how the man hadn't belonged since his wife had died. Then there was a final section in which it was revealed that they were actually the same person and the man had started cross dressing to feel as though he belonged again.

What was yours about?
Hopefully I got at least 12.

YOU ARE MY FUCKING HERO! hahaha thats awesome lol its like fight club

i wrote about a boy who discovers from his sisters biology assignment that hes not biologically related to his family. eye colour haha

pattie_d

HSC
Mine was about a despotic international government who rules all countries (this is just the backstory), they divided the population by nationality, and age. There was WWIII, but it was the public vs government. And the government had the technology to overthrow the public. Most were captured and put into where they 'should' be. This was a attempt to create World Peace. (yup, the government is retarded but it was for the sake of the story.)

The present is fifty years later.

The protagonist is a mother that had her child taken from her, so she joins a conspiracy group that is slowly whispering words around again of a revolt. But they get captured.
The story is set in an iron cell, and the main character basically just talks about how her life was with a deaf, half blind girl--who in the end was taken by the government to get disposed of.

There's more to it with the protagonist's interaction with the other character, but cbf elborating..

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Mine was about a despotic international government who rules all countries (this is just the backstory), they divided the population by nationality, and age. There was WWIII, but it was the public vs government. And the government had the technology to overthrow the public. Most were captured and put into where they 'should' be. This was a attempt to create World Peace. (yup, the government is retarded but it was for the sake of the story.)

The protagonist is a mother that had her child taken from her, so she joins a conspiracy group that is slowly whispering words around again of a revolt. But they get captured.
The story is set in an iron cell, and the main character basically just talks about how her life was with a deaf, half blind girl--who in the end was taken by the government to get disposed of.

There's more to it with the protagonist's interaction with the other character, but cbf elborating..
They weren't asking for a novel, mate.

pattie_d

HSC
that's just the back story in my head, a reference to what goes on in with the character's interactions, plus i did finish it.

anom1ly

HSC
i wrote a story about a kid from out of space. he can read people's minds, making it all the more difficult for him to fit in at his new school in dubbo. he meets a friend called kiraki, who's a torres strait islander, and his dad owns an abattoir. kiraki finds out that kgnlu (the alien's name) is an alien, and tries to expose him to everyone at school. this has the effect of alienating them both, and eventually drawing them together as closer friends. there are a few funny scenes were kgnlu bursts out in science class, with some whacky alien theories and is laughed at by the class. eventually kgnlu decides that hes never going to fit in anywhere, and puts himself in stasis and travels to the end of the universe. many many years later he awakens from stasis, and he meets god at the end of the universe. from this encounter he learns alot, and god grants him one wish. with it, he allows kgnlu to go back in time to earth, and fix things up with kiraki. kgnlu ends up becoming a successful car salesman, and has a wife, and one semi-alien kid name pntal. the end :)

lychnobity

HSC
Mine was based on the idea of "the things left unsaid in relationships"

It was told from four perspectives with a transcendentalist idea of the belonging experience.

I think it's obvious I chose the second quote: "When someone prizes us just as we are, he or she can confirms our existence"

Rachygurl

HSC
A daughter struggling to connect with her father because of the harsh effects the drought has on family life. her mother and brother had left, and the effects that had on the family dynamics. i chose 1st quote!!

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
i had a little homeless girl following families around in a park wanting to belong to one of them and them all brushing her off. the story was from the point of the view from the gardener who commented that belonging to humans is soil to plants

HSC
my one relates to familial belonging where a guy use to enjoy spending time with his grandfather when he was 6 yrs old, but when he becomes a teenager, he starts to avoid his grandfather to be with friends his age. But when he becomes an adult he misses his grandfather.

This also relates to cultural belonging aswell :)

Last edited:

shediedlarfing

HSC

omgg good work mon!
mine was about a girl who had been abused by her father growing up, but she learns to move on (and hence belong to the present and to herself), even though on his death-bed he tells her that only God could love her.
.. I wonder if it's 'inappropriate' if there's heaps of violence. HOPEFULLY a squeamish, hater-of-religion isn't marking my paper lols.

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
My creative writing was based on the Apartheid (racial segragation in Africa) alongside side with cricket at that time :). Did my research this time, and hopefully it goes well =D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)