What to Pre-study for year 11? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ive been looking at thing to for study for the following subjects:
Legal studies
society and culture
economics
modern history

Any input would be appreciated
Thankyou.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
noooooothing bro don't overwork yourself enjoy your holidays. Seriously, just pay attention in class.

findx

HSC
Look over the syllabus for the subjects. dont overwork yourself

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Some of these subjects have options e.g. Modern only has one compulsory topic so unless you know what options your school is going to be teaching you could be wasting your time.

You are far better to spend these holidays having a holiday.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
noooooothing bro don't overwork yourself enjoy your holidays. Seriously, just pay attention in class.
You are far better to spend these holidays having a holiday.
This. In the grand scheme of things, year 11 doesn't matter. Obviously you still want to do well, but there's really no need to do work in the summer holidays (or any holidays for that matter, as long as you don't get behind). Nevertheless, if you're actually interested in and enjoy the subjects you've chosen doesn't mean you can't look over the course and maybe do some extra-curricular topics, but I'd definitely advise against forcing yourself to study simply with the aim of doing well.

It's the holidays (and when you think about it, it's the last real summer holiday you'll have in high school). Go out and have fun!

enoilgam

HSC
As mentioned above relax - you will be better off in the long run.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Enjoy these holidays! Pre-studying won't put you at much of an advantage unless you study like the first module of a subject :/

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Like pretty much everyone else has said, don't touch a thing. Enjoy your holidays. You'll settle into prelim life soon enough and it is a bit different to year 10 so wait until class starts to get use to it. There really is no point in doing anything now. It's not going to give you a significant advantage. Resting your brain, however, over the holidays is a benefit.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That.

You have enough time to revise concepts when school starts. For now, enjoy your holidays.

SanjoyM

HSC
Hey,

I would recomment reading your texts for English, and looking through the syllabus, reading brief summaries of your topics!
For modern history, I recommend that you buy a study guide and start grasping some of the main conceps! HSC HISTORY has a LOT of content, so if you start from now, it will be easier for you:)

RishBonjour

HSC
do nothing.
enjoy yourself
year 10 holidays were the best for me
and then you feel better when you start studying from like half way through year 11 :D

Pfortune35

HSC
I agree with everyone else, chill out, worry about school when school starts, but if you have to do work over the holidays
for english read your texts and for modern if you can, find out what topics your doing and watch a few history documentries
dont worry about writing notes but this will give u background on what u'll have to study with to much effort.

marshmallow23

HSC
N/A
Like everyone is saying, don't study. I was thinking about studying but I've been told that these will probably the only relaxing holidays we'll have until the HSC is over. Just relax for now. Don't overwork yourself! I'm sure you will do well in the prelims with your motivation and determination! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)