What should the '10 Year do right now? (1 Viewer)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Relax. Our teachers told us these holidays are very important so we dont get burnt out for year 12. Amongst all the sleep, movies etc, doing some light reading for english/history or thinking about ideas for major works and reading syllabuses is really all you can do and would definitely help, but that doesn't mean going crazy with work.
what's it like burning out?
like losing motivation?
but how is that possible?

EDIT:

You may be on the road to burnout if:

* Every day is a bad day.
* Caring about your work or home life seems like a total waste of energy.
* You’re exhausted all the time.
* The majority of your day is spent on tasks you find either mind-numbingly dull or overwhelming.
* You feel like nothing you do makes a difference or is appreciated.

The negative effects of burnout spill over into every area of life – including your home and social life. Burnout can also cause long-term changes to your body that make you vulnerable to illnesses like colds and flu. Because of its many consequences, it’s important to deal with burnout right away.

Last edited:

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
i'm catching up on reading for pleasure.
i missed it dearly...

Crystal Cuckoo

HSC
I'm reading the prescribed texts for English Adv., Ext. and French Ext.

Well, I would, if they weren't all on loan from my local Library...:vcross:

I'm also just flipping through some Physics and Maths textbooks to see what we'll be doing this term.

Edit: But, apart from that, I'm going out with my friends almost every other day to make the most of our last remaining days of true freedom =]

Mehae

HSC
im gettin started on some 2u maths and briefly reading the chem and physics textbooks. Other than i hope to have a sweet time just chillin:D

hendo144

HSC
DO some study but mostly catch up on some activites i left during exams ~~~ Like clean up my room and prepare for hsc :angel:

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I need to clean my "study" area, it looks like a bomb hit it, there are so many fucking loose leaf sheets it's not funny.

abckvv

HSC
what's it like burning out?
like losing motivation?
but how is that possible?

are you actually serious? every1 has their limits. its literally unhealthy to be constantly putting that much in for an entire year without any time off. i dont understand why you'd want to lengthen it.

and for the person somewhere who said that people just say don't burn out so they can go ahead of you....really, (1) teachers have no reason to lie to you; (2) your peers know that they need their entire form to do well for the school scaling to work etc.

Dod0

HSC
Parttyyyyyy! This is like the only real break we are going to get before the hsc course starts. No assigns, no work to do! Time to sleep till midday every day haha

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Things to do: 1. Get drunk.
2. Get a job to sustain your drinking habits.
3. Repeat step 1.

You should aim to be drinking 3 nights a week and then sleeping the entire next day each time. Otherwise these holidays have been wasted by you.
I anticipate some of you social outcasts replying with crap like 'you don't need to drink to have fun' etc etc. Don't bother, I dont plan on returning to see your reply.

saberbladexx

HSC
ANYTHING BUT STUDY

take your last holidays of absolute freedom :)
What about the Christmas holidays, i'm lucky as practically all my subjects dont require work in those holidays =].

3 week vacation too :lol:

So might aswell study now.

matt1136

HSC
Just relax Aye.
Enjoy the fat you don't have to do anything serious for a while

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i spent two freakin days studying the Binomial Theorem. GAHH!! at this rate, i won't get inverse functions done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)