What major would be best in commerce if your dream is to become a CEO one day? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
What major would be best in commerce if your dream is to become a CEO one day?

I know that there is no degree or major that will directly lead you to becoming a CEO, I'm just saying what would
be the best.

Im guessing human resource management major?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
You ask too many retarded questions to be a CEO.

Jinks

HSC
I dont think your major will matter as much as the jobs you work in after completing your degree. I always thought accounting and finance provide a solid foundation and a clear progression path for moving out into the industry and making CEO.

Outside of commerce I doubt a law degree would hurt :p

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Judging from your retarded question, I think a corporate job will suit you handsomely, future CEO.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
What major would be best in commerce if your dream is to become a CEO one day?

I know that there is no degree or major that will directly lead you to becoming a CEO, I'm just saying what would
be the best.

Im guessing human resource management major?
I can only hope that this is a troll.

Many CEOs started off with NO DEGREE. You'll eventually learn that a piece of paper with a few letters on it has NOTHING to do with the exceptional communication, people skills, management, drive, organisation, leadership, inspiration and courage one needs to rise to that level.

enoilgam

HSC

Many CEOs started off with NO DEGREE. You'll eventually learn that a piece of paper with a few letters on it has NOTHING to do with the exceptional communication, people skills, management, drive, organisation, leadership, inspiration and courage one needs to rise to that level.
This pretty much - a degree doesnt make you a CEO, its more something you work up towards after years of relevant experience. Its not like becoming a lawyer, where you need a law degree or becoming a doctor where you need a medical degree.

Last edited:

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
This pretty much - a degree doesnt make you a CEO, its more something you work up towards using experience and skills. Its not becoming a lawyer, where you need a law degree or becoming a doctor where you need a medical degree.
Actually, no. You need a medical degree to practise as a doctor.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
this is what happens if people post past midnight

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Start at the bottom and work your way up. No degree is necessary if you are truly capable.

HSC
You don't 'get' into a CEO, you work into a CEO. Trust me, if u play ur cards to just be a CEO, for the money, it could be a loooooooong time waiting

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
If you start your own hotel empire and one day build 50 hotels in Australia and more around the world, you'll be the CEO.

If you have the title of a CEO in a company you don't own, you are an employee.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As others mentioned it's not the degree which will drive you but rather what you learn and do along the way. A lot of it will come down to people skills- when you're leading a company you need to be able to have various skills which aren't taught in uni e.g. motivation, coming up with a vision, etc.... and it won't necessarily be industry or technically specific (e.g. an airline CEO could become the CEO of a bank).

Frostbitten

HSC
Apparently branching off into Accounting and going into auditing is popular among CEOs, so I have been told.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Actually these days it would be almost impossible to move up to being a CEO without a uni degree, different story if you start up your own company with no uni degree like Bill Gates or Richard Branson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)