what is your dream car? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I reckon its hilarious to us sydney siders hahaha. oh yeah I also remember jeremy clarkson made a joke about their M4 highway over in england too
Ehh, there are already M3's elsewhere lol. But googling reveals that England also have an M3 motorway so I don't really get why they made a big deal over the M4 name.

While the m4 is hilarious, can't wait to imagine series 7 being called the M7... haha
Bring back the 8 series! The e31 850 is probably one of the best looking bimmers. It's a shame the V12 is supposedly pretty unreliable and a money pit.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Whilst I do reckon the 8 Series looks smashing, the Z4 would have to take it in terms of looks lol :p

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I just like the way the back and rear lights of the 850 look, not too busy but very aggresive in a kind of subtle way haha. Same thing with the original LS400s.

I'm not a fan of any of the new BMW's looks tbh. The old Z4 did look really good though and while not neccesarily stand out I did like the E90 3 series. F30 was a downgrade in looks imo.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
The whole range of the new BMW's looks questionable... I'm not sure whether they're trying to achieve, but the Z4 is definitely the better looking one. Even the new 2013 SL65 AMG looks a bit odd, and IMO the older model looked way better.

I reckon the new European car manufacture to look out for is Volkswagen... the new Golf is absolute quality, judging from what I've heard and read lol

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I reckon the new European car manufacture to look out for is Volkswagen... the new Golf is absolute quality, judging from what I've heard and read lol
Really? I've only heard average things, but maybe i'm getting mixed up. I'd stay away from any modern Volkswagens until the DSG stuff and other electrical gremlins are definitely sorted and VW Australia grow up.

I think the Golf will have it's work cut out though. Mazda 3's have been selling great for ages and the 2014 Mazda 3 looks amazing. Shame there is no MPS version, some American car site reckoned the standard new 3 handled just as good, if not better, than a golf gti. If Mazda come out with an MPS 3 and only improve the looks of the base model (no hood scoop!) as well as figure out a way to pull off a number plate with that front grill design it will be amazing.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Yeah... to get a VW serviced you'll be paying about 3x more than a normal car because of all the electrical and ECUs attached to it, one of the main reasons why I didn't get a Golf and opted for a civic as my first car lol - but I've heard a lot of good things about the new Golf

Mazda has been the quite up-comer I think... the range offered by Mazda is really good, especially the Mazda 3. With the new Mazda 3 I also reckon the Golf will have its work cut out but in saying that, there is a massive discrepancy between European and Japanese cars IMO.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm just not a fan of European cars in general. I give respect where respect is due but just as a whole European cars just cost too much over here and that is exaggerated further with the cheaper models. Over in Europe it would be a different case but here I think they appeal mostly to badge snobs and they can only compete on looks, without that there isn't much going for them. People will talk about German "over engineering" but the facts speak for themselves, a Japanese car will cost less to purchase, cost less to maintain, compare favorably in terms of performance, respond better to modification and have less niggling faults. Admittedly japanese cars now can't hold a candle to the japanese cars of the 90s but I think there are some exciting things to come soon.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I'm just not a fan of European cars in general. I give respect where respect is due but just as a whole European cars just cost too much over here and that is exaggerated further with the cheaper models. Over in Europe it would be a different case but here I think they appeal mostly to badge snobs and they can only compete on looks, without that there isn't much going for them. People will talk about German "over engineering" but the facts speak for themselves, a Japanese car will cost less to purchase, cost less to maintain, compare favorably in terms of performance, respond better to modification and have less niggling faults. Admittedly japanese cars now can't hold a candle to the japanese cars of the 90s but I think there are some exciting things to come soon.
Australia gets really screwed over with European car prices, in Europe mercs and the like aren't really considered prestigious like here.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I think the whole European view on cars that they must have all the electronics installed in them has caught up with the Japanese manufacturers. The 90s Civics, Skylines and Toyota's are no where near the new generation of Jap cars

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Australia gets really screwed over with European car prices, in Europe mercs and the like aren't really considered prestigious like here.
Yeah, my attitude would be different if they were priced more reasonably.

Talking about Europe, I wonder if the LSA commodore will be exported lol. I remember watching some review (drive?) where the reviewer liked the VE but said for people to take notice it needed a super charger so it wasn't just matching the comparable BMW/Audi/Merc car's outputs. Australian and American cars are growing on me lol, used to not be a fan at all but for example the LSx engine architecture is pretty good - a lot of their design choices seem to be blessings in disguise (i.e. OHV over DOHC makes it compact and light weight). They may not get much power for the displacement but they make up for that with relatively good economy and the compactness.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
yeah euro car prices here are really ridiculous..

just a quick comparison of the newest 911 base models USA and AUS, $84300 US compared to $224000 AUD

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Red mini cooper.
Must have white stripes, mirrors and roof. And not one of those stupid pretend 4wd ones.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)