What is the right attitude and habits that someone should have to be smart? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
This is a pretty vague question, but I guess you have to be motivated to study and learn, have a passion or some sort of interest in what you're actually studying, and continually try to improve upon your knowledge and skills.

It's different for everyone though.

nosh22

HSC
Hmm... I wonder if genetics plays a role in a person's intelligence. Maybe to an extent?:confused:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
To be honest, it's a pretty common misconception that there are a set of 'guidelines' to being smart.

00iCon

HSC
To be honest, it's a pretty common misconception that there are a set of 'guidelines' to being smart.
Yea, I follow the stereotypical 'nerdy rules' and I'm not as smart as some of the druggies at school. But then again, it's selective...

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
you need a mix between dedication, motivation and actually half a brain to begin with!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Define 'smart'

If by smart, you mean: memorisation, textbook learning, studious and acing all your exams
Then you should kill your social life, sever all ties to any social sites (including this one), study all day and all night at home. Eat well, exercise well and sleep well. A healthy body = A healthy mind (although this type of mind is probably unhealthy anyway)

If you mean: good balance of knowledge and common sense
Then you should be splitting your time 'evenly', 8 hours work, 8 hours play, 8 hours rest (yeah maybe in theoretical land). Eat well, get all your nutrients and vitamins, read high level books, take daily logic puzzles/brain training challenges and immerse yourself in social situations

If you mean: having fun and making the most of life > studying
Then you should kill your study life, sever all ties to any study sites (including this one), party all day and all night outside. Eat big, exercise heaps and sleep sporadically. A drugged up body = A hyped up mind

My answer to your question: Be yourself. Be the best that you can be. Don't have any regrets.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Remember, smart and high scores are completely different concepts. Someone who is smart general has a good mind for processing and remembering information. While there are techniques to improve this, a lot of it comes down to genetics and early childhood nuture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)