• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is the most powerful car you have driven + details of most memorable drag battle (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: What is the most powerful car you have driven + details of most memorable drag ba

what car is the most powerful you have driven.
and what are your most memorable experiences of dragging ppl on the street in this car?
my dad's 1999 toyota camry csi, 4 cylinder

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Re: What is the most powerful car you have driven + details of most memorable drag ba

got a lift to central station from a friend. He has an evo 7, 4 cylinder turbo with race interior, racing brakes, etc.

it was pretty cool :)

HSC

got a lift to central station from a friend. He has an evo 7, 4 cylinder turbo with race interior, racing brakes, etc.

it was pretty cool :)
but you didn't drive it, dickhead.

follow the rules

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

haha chillax it's just the interwebs.

pman

Banned
HSC

It's painful to watch :eek:

You can practically see the needle drop just sitting in stop-start traffic :haha:

But i'm sure you'll agree, the running costs are so worth it :tongue:
my car is heaps more fuel efficient on 98, actually costs me less money to run, possibly cos the engines a bit off tune

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

race interior, lol.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

V6 3.5L
most memorable drag battle was at the traffic lights with some commodore. lights went green, i floored it.... i was ahead at first but then he overtook me at about 50km over the limit and sped off into the distance.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Fastest I've driven is an AMG Merc.

Only car I've dragged in is mine, EA falcon S-pack 3.9l.

Most memorable drag: against three of my mates lol. All sitting still, out the back of nowhere, wide ass road. Twas me, my mates 93 falcon ute (4.0), an 86 ford lazer and a 2009 Yaris sport (lol).

Lazer was left in the dust. Yaris kept up till about 50-60 km/h and just... Disappeared behind us. Me and my mates ute battled for a while, he had half a car length lead till mine crept past... I was surprised lol.

Lazer beat Yaris in the rear haha.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

my car is heaps more fuel efficient on 98, actually costs me less money to run, possibly cos the engines a bit off tune
Er... most cars would be more fuel efficient on 98 I'd imagine unless the car is either really old and has a negligible benefit, or the car isn't designed to run on normal petrol (e.g. LPG, Diesel)

race interior, lol.
Judging by the fact that he could ride as a passenger, it wasn't fully stripped out 'race interior' unless he just meant that the dude fitted a bolt on cage and a harness.

ps. This is what I would consider a race interior (i.e. fully stripped out; passenger seat is still there but has no seatbelt):

pman

Banned
HSC

Er... most cars would be more fuel efficient on 98 I'd imagine unless the car is either really old and has a negligible benefit, or the car isn't designed to run on normal petrol (e.g. LPG, Diesel)

Judging by the fact that he could ride as a passenger, it wasn't fully stripped out 'race interior' unless he just meant that the dude fitted a bolt on cage and a harness.

ps. This is what I would consider a race interior (i.e. fully stripped out; passenger seat is still there but has no seatbelt):
yes, most are more fuel efficient, most aren't cheaper however

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

considering 98 costs what, 5-10c more than even premium it'd have to be a fucking big difference in fuel efficiency to make it more economical.

Also Serem, on that note I question the claim of "Race Brakes" too. Proper racing brakes are completely ineffective at low temperatures.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

ok so my m8's car isnt completely stripped on the inside and doesnt have a roll cage, but it has fancy stuff.

and yeah the brakes squeal, they're more effective at higher temperatures (ie when ur racing on a track, not driving on the road in traffic)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC

Lol. Think about it, roughly after 100 liters of premium, you're only paying $14 more than for 100 liters standard.

Don't quote me on this, it's a very rough approximisation.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

considering 98 costs what, 5-10c more than even premium it'd have to be a fucking big difference in fuel efficiency to make it more economical.

Also Serem, on that note I question the claim of "Race Brakes" too. Proper racing brakes are completely ineffective at low temperatures.
I think for the perspective of 91 (or E10 blend) users, let's just emphasise the fact that 98 is actually about 15c more than what they're paying (rather than your comparison with 95).

ok so my m8's car isnt completely stripped on the inside and doesnt have a roll cage, but it has fancy stuff.

and yeah the brakes squeal, they're more effective at higher temperatures (ie when ur racing on a track, not driving on the road in traffic)
Those are sports brakes. You know if they're race brakes if you can buy a new car for less money.

Lol. Think about it, roughly after 100 liters of premium, you're only paying $14 more than for 100 liters standard.

Don't quote me on this, it's a very rough approximisation.
That sounds very affordable until you think about it this way... how far does 100L get you? For some of us, that gets maybe.. 700km? Considering average car does 15,000km per year... and it's not so effective after all :)

(ps I'm just playing devil's advocate here- for a lot of people with normal cars, 98 will yield some benefit in reduced running costs from better engine care/maintenance and better economy distance-wise presuming they don't gun it)

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

when i put in 98, i average around 8.8L/100km
when i put in 95, i average around 9.3L/100km

it probably is roughly the same, but 98 is better for your car

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

the difference between 98 and 95 in terms of quality isn't as pronounced as from normal fuel, unless your car is tuned for it it isn't really worth it.

La Bomba

HSC

Saw a nice 300zx today, driven by an old looking businessman, was thinking of turning around and following him and offering to buy it, but felt my gym workout was more important. most likely was a nice australian delivered non turbo which had been treated well since he bought it. damn

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A

the difference between 98 and 95 in terms of quality isn't as pronounced as from normal fuel, unless your car is tuned for it it isn't really worth it.
recommended 98,
minimum 95

Zozo6969

HSC

only reason why 98 can give better economy is because of the additives they put in it that lubricate your engine and clean it and all that bullshit. from 91 to 95 there aint much difference, unless ur car is tuned to run on 95. the higher the RON just means it can be used in cars with higher compression ratios, and doesnt mean theres more petrol in there or watever people think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)