What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
sex really isn't a big deal... don't know why people are so fixated to this concept of "virginity"

HSC
^^^ True that! Sex is good manner. Not slaving, sex buddy, one night stand and huge science experiment to keep your world spining! Jezze!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
^^^ True that! Sex is good manner. Not slaving, sex buddy, one night stand and huge science experiment to keep your world spining! Jezze!
what

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
what?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
"Sex is good manner"

what the hell does that mean

1. Sex is good manners?
2. Sex requires good manners?
3. Sex is good?

what what what. As for the rest of it...okay sex slaves are bad, as are fuck buddies and one night stands...the science experiment part I have no idea about.

Fuck I hope this guy is a troll.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Sex is good manna maybe?
like what they moses ate with his peeps when he was out in the sand for a forty years looking to set up camp or something.

Hardstyl Hustla

HSC
haha what the hell?

Why does this God try to make everything so good be such a crime? lol...
I guess I like sex but there's only certain people I feel are worth having sex with, I don't have any Religious beliefs or some shit but yeah, sex is special...not somethin to waste at a party smashed off ya face...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Fuck I hope this guy is a troll.
He's NorthRiversMatt. He's a real, genuine, sweet, amazing person.

<3

jjsnax

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
not necessarily...

actually. Yes.

maybe not 'pre-historic' as such -
but the concept of virginity still retaining a degree of subjective value in our society roots indirectly from the influence of catholic church, and other religious institutions that enforce these fucked up 'conservative' values.

once again. religion is to blame. surprise surprise.

Pace_T

HSC
jjsnax said:
actually. Yes.

maybe not 'pre-historic' as such -
but the concept of virginity still retaining a degree of subjective value in our society roots indirectly from the influence of catholic church, and other religious institutions that enforce these fucked up 'conservative' values.

once again. religion is to blame. surprise surprise.
religion is to blame?
more like contemporary standards are to blame

theres two sides to the coin here. you post assumes its best if we didnt have these values. why? because one person who regrets having sex with somebody should feel comfortable knowing everyone else is in the same boat?

*o*

HSC
sex is wonderful, it has got me through some of the toughest times in my life.

the rest of you are jealous

jjsnax

HSC
Pace_T said:
religion is to blame?
more like contemporary standards are to blame

theres two sides to the coin here. you post assumes its best if we didnt have these values. why? because one person who regrets having sex with somebody should feel comfortable knowing everyone else is in the same boat?

that wud probably be easier to rebut if it made sense.
but here goes.
who sed anything about people 'regretting' losing their virginity?
the bulk of people dont.

u catholic?
(italian flag, pro conservative values?)
peace for blaming religion if u r. not my intention to offend.

the debate of whether 'contemporary standards' have gone to the dogs is irrelevant. the fact is that it's inevitable, and society will only continue to move towards sexual liberation in the future.

but if ur religious and u want to hold onto that. good for you. must be hard.

im out.

Subie91

HSC
My view is that these days kids are growing up so much faster than they used to. Kids as young as 12-13 losing their virginity and personally i think its ridiculous, you dont know the consiquences of that sort of stuff when you are that young.

Sex can be thrown around as 'nothing' in todays contemporary society. I beleive that after you have had sex thats it.. like how much better does it get? haha
by being proud of being a virgin it just means that you are holding your moral values until you are 'ready' mentally and emotionally which i respect.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Umm, actually people used to get married/have children when they were much younger.

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Riet said:
Umm, actually people used to get married/have children when they were much younger.
but remember that was sex within marriage. casual sex at 12 or 13 can be pretty damaging.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
evry1getscrewed said:
but remember that was sex within marriage. casual sex at 12 or 13 can be pretty damaging.
How is sex within marriage when you're 12 or 13 different?

Warren Jeffs, the former leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints, was just put in jail for rape for forcing a 14 year old to marry her second cousin. That was sex within marriage and that was illegal and incredibly damaging to the girl.

And if you say that forced/arranged marraige is different, no it's not. When 12/13/14 year olds were getting married it was always arranged by an adult.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
? But there would be no legal marriage in that case?
You can potentially marry at 16 if you have parental and court consent, but the reasons are usually limited to culture

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Iron said:
? But there would be no legal marriage in that case?
You can potentially marry at 16 if you have parental and court consent, but the reasons are usually limited to culture
I was merely trying to illustrate that her point that sex within marriage, at any age, is not traumatic when it clearly is (whether it's considered legal or not and when it occurred in history).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)