What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
NorthRiversMatt said:
^^^ True that! Sex is good manner. Not slaving, sex buddy, one night stand and huge science experiment to keep your world spining! Jezze!
I'm tired of you. People don't not like you because of your "disability." To me, it's your personality that is the problem. You type like a retard, disregarding even the most basic elements of English (yeah, yeah, if I make spelling errors now, that's not my point) and constantly state "just focus on your HSC and you'll be fine." You have absolutely NO idea about the world around you, so don't pretend you do.

And don't go chuck a whine now how I don't like you because I don't understand you as your an "Aspie." My brother has Asperger's Syndrome. He's done stuff about it, doesn't blame it for everything or not being liked and has made friends.

Come back when you have a clue.

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Tulipa said:
I was merely trying to illustrate that her point that sex within marriage, at any age, is not traumatic when it clearly is (whether it's considered legal or not and when it occurred in history).
sorry, i should elaborate

im not saying it was a good thing that girls got married so young. im saying it would have been better to be having sex younger if it was in the context of a permanent relationship and if they understood what was happening, than to be having casual sex and not really understand the implications. also remember things used to happen earlier because they died earlier.

no i dont condone marriage at the age of 12/13/14. in australian society, kids that age are still kids and should be treated and act accordingly. but it was different when they were adults by that age. they understood and didn't have the problems we do today (single parent teens, stds etc)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
lol wut? Umm, yess they had single parents, stds, etc. and they always have. I also have to disgree, sex is no more harmful depending on whether or not it's in or out of wedlock.

Applikation

HSC
Riet said:
lol wut? Umm, yess they had single parents, stds, etc. and they always have.
Of course they did, but now it's all too common. I mean, I've heard of people getting pregnant just to collect the government cheques.

I used to be concerned about being a virgin but now I've come to accept that I'm so ugly/weird and I would never get laid via a gf or a party hookup so I'm just going to go to a brothel or something later on.

Last edited:

CoryM-P

HSC
Applikation said:
Of course they did, but now it's all too common. I mean, I've heard of people getting pregnant just to collect the government cheques.

I used to be concerned about being a virgin but now I've come to accept that I'm so ugly/weird and I would never get laid via a gf or a party hookup so I'm just going to go to a brothel or something later on.
I can feel that way alot (seeming that I have acne and I'm really skinny) but thats just puberty for you. I'm pretty sure that everyone has someone out there that will think they are attractive. It's just a matter of guys like you and me finding this person.

CoryM-P

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
But where they really "adults" at that age in the past? More likely they just been virtually forced to become domestic and sexual servants for their older husbands. Given the choice I'm sure they'd rather have lived like modern Australian teenagers.
It shits me when people claim that because something has become an entrenched cultral practice that legitimises it.
I agree with this guy, they weren't more mature then they were just told to be more mature. I think that that time, which is puberty, was designed to get our bodies READY for that experience and not actually experiancing it then. If we let sex into our lives as we grow up it will become a part of us and thats not good .
I heard a good point from this psychologist 'If we just focus on the physical part of the relationship (that is, sex) then we never let the emotional side develop.' That's another reason why people wait for marriage to have sex.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
CoryM-P said:
I agree with this guy, they weren't more mature then they were just told to be more mature. I think that that time, which is puberty, was designed to get our bodies READY for that experience and not actually experiancing it then. If we let sex into our lives as we grow up it will become a part of us and thats not good .
I heard a good point from this psychologist 'If we just focus on the physical part of the relationship (that is, sex) then we never let the emotional side develop.' That's another reason why people wait for marriage to have sex.
Umm, what's wrong with sex being a part of your life? Fuck.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
CoryM-P said:
Actually puberty, in females, is designed to get their bodies ready for birth. We're capable of having sex much earlier than that, although I think it's foul.

What is wrong with 'growing up' with sex? It's an entirely natural biological process, and it (as well as intimate relationships) long predate marriage in its current form.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Kwayera said:
Actually puberty, in females, is designed to get their bodies ready for birth. We're capable of having sex much earlier than that, although I think it's foul.

What is wrong with 'growing up' with sex? It's an entirely natural biological process, and it (as well as intimate relationships) long predate marriage in its current form.
"I'm a virgin but sex is bad, trust me."

CoryM-P

HSC
Kwayera said:

I ment the emotional side of things, not the physical, sex is more than just a physical act. Plus it's bad to grow up with sex being a part of our lives so young is because it completely mess' up our future relationships with people; if all our teen relationships are based around sex then that's what we tie ALL our relationships to, sex.

HSC
CoryM-P said:
I ment the emotional side of things, not the physical, sex is more than just a physical act. Plus it's bad to grow up with sex being a part of our lives so young is because it completely mess' up our future relationships with people; if all our teen relationships are based around sex then that's what we tie ALL our relationships to, sex.
Totally agreed with ya there mate.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
CoryM-P said:
Dude, you're like 16 or 17, get over yourself. Sex is an important part (if not thee most important part) of all relationships. I had this debate with a friend of mine (ironically he's had a girlfriend for 2 years while I'm single).

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You can have sex in a relationship without that relationship being based on sex.

You kids have an awful lot to learn.

HSC
CoryM-P said:
um, sex is a physical act of intimacy.
i understand that we dont want little kids to have sex.
but to shame sex as a whole is to shame our bodies in their natural form.

jessfredbun91

HSC
EnterNameHere said:
haha. i was gonna say....

At the risk of being flamed.... i reckon 95% of "proud virgins" are only saying that because its better then saying "im a virgin, but its only because i cant get any" :rolleyes:
im not a virgin anymore and i think a good majority of teenagers who have lost ther virginity young regret it coz it meant nothing and its something u cant ever get back.....they just dont want to admit it
peer pressure= losing ur ownself

it takes a stronger person to stand up for their beliefs and opinions then it does to lay down to the unrealistics pressures of society!

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
i don't think you can be in a full and complete relationship with someone without sex.

now this doesn't mean you should jump straight into it but as the relationship naturally progresses, it is a beautiful way to connect with someone you love.

as you coexist with your boyfriend/girlfriend, you will soon know whether you 'gel' or not. i think its really important to develop and strengthen other parts of a relationship before sex; respect, consideration, understanding, trust, honesty to name a few. you should know this person very well and be sure your relationship is stable and secure before introducing sex.

the reason why a lot of people gloat about virginity is simple; once you have sex its much easier to get hurt. sex usually evokes rather deep emotions and if they are not properly reciprocated they can procure grave consequence.

people who regret losing their virginity are those who had sex in haste and are usually those who have ended their relationship. not only that, heart brake is much more devastating if sex was involved, whether they were your first sexual partner or not.

for people in a long term relationship that means very much to both partners, sex is dangerous and painful (not just physically, ha) because on both ends it is harder to end something that is just not working. they will always have physical attraction and that is much harder to shake off than emotional.

i think these are the only reasons why people avoid/regret.

all else fails, just slut your way through life.

*ROFL @ my grammah. needs moar schooling.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
katykins said:
i don't think you can be in a full and complete relationship with someone without sex.

now this doesn't mean you should jump straight into it but as the relationship naturally progresses, it is a beautiful way to connect with someone you love.

as you coexist with your boyfriend/girlfriend, you will soon know whether you 'gel' or not. i think its really important to develop and strengthen other parts of a relationship before sex; respect, consideration, understanding, trust, honesty to name a few. you should know this person very well and be sure your relationship is stable and secure before introducing sex.

the reason why a lot of people gloat about virginity is simple; once you have sex its much easier to get hurt. sex usually evokes rather deep emotions and if they are not properly reciprocated they can procure grave consequence.

people who regret losing their virginity are those who had sex in haste and are usually those who have ended their relationship. not only that, heart brake is much more devastating if sex was involved, whether they were your first sexual partner or not.

for people in a long term relationship that means very much to both partners, sex is dangerous and painful (not just physically, ha) because on both ends it is harder to end something that is just not working. they will always have physical attraction and that is much harder to shake off than emotional.

i think these are the only reasons why people avoid/regret.

all else fails, just slut your way through life.

*ROFL @ my grammah. needs moar schooling.
End thread. Without intimacy a relationship only differs from a friendship by name.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Agreed. I dont get why i cop so much shit for saying this, with so many people trying to tell me i am wrong. I am not really interested in a relationship unless sex is on the table at some point [preferably soon]. its what you need for a real relationship, a sexless relationship pales in comparasion. You need the closness and you need sex. That said, I have had really close friendships and i have had relationships where it was just about sex and i know that if i had to choose one or the other i would prefer the emotional closeness hands down.

cheap

HSC
The pros of virginity are linked to circumstances which could be considered more "moral" than the entailment of accidental speed bumps. When I say moral I simply mean liberated from guilt.

For example, once a you're pregnant so is the whole family who have to sacrifice their money, time and effort to support you. If you come from a struggling household, your child will be born into an inadequate upbringing. If you consider having an abortion, there are religious codes you have to reason with, which is why abstinence makes sense as a religious value that was recommended in the first place. If the mother decides to have an abortion, she may feel guilty/traumatised and wallow in an unproductive lifestyle for a while. This whole interdependent burden could've been saved with a little patience and maturity.

Unless the suppressed symptoms of being a virgin for "too long" if not gratified sooner (pfft, for most kids these days it's <16) would've compelled someone to act dangerously out of sexual frustration, it's not more virtuous than virginity.

Of course non-virgins can be better people than virgins ultimately, but I'm talking about the consequences of taking the risk at such an early age, which virginity prevents and results in a clearer conscience, "Are my actions in the best in interest of those they effect?" It's not "immoral" to lack caution because people don't expect kids to have fully developed judgement and foresight yet, but that's the problem. If you lost your virginity at a young age and you were ready, have no regrets, to me that's validated, but I know of quite a few people who rushed into it, believing they were ready and came out of it an emotional wreck. With age, couples maximise trust and stability both in the relationship and individually before having sex.

...And I just chuckled at the irony of my username :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)