What HSC subjects do future doctors choose in Australia? (1 Viewer)

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
pretty sure some schools give out interviews based on UCAT so that they can give offers ahead of others and try snatch up better students.
Yeah seems like a fair shout. Most of the bigger ones (Monash, UNSW) aren’t doing this or at least haven’t yet, I can only assume because there’s such a high demand they already know they’ll get the cream of the crop.

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
Will I be at a disadvantage if I only do Adv Math as I cant do extension math anymore?
I guess thats a better way to phrase it then I did, cause the reason why I asked the question was because I didn't want to be at a disadvantage. HAHA

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
he recieved an offer before they knew his ATAR. Would this offer stand if ATAR wasn't up to their standard
Well I mean at Newcastle once you’ve sat an interview that’s ALL they take into consideration so uhhh not sure

c8

HSC
he recieved an offer before they knew his ATAR. Would this offer stand if ATAR wasn't up to their standard
No it wouldn't. If the atar is below the threshold (which is like 94-95 i cant remember) then regardless of performance in the interview you wouldn't get an offer.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
No it wouldn't. If the atar is below the threshold (which is like 94-95 i cant remember) then regardless of performance in the interview you wouldn't get an offer.
I wouldn’t worry about a sub 94 ATAR 😂 also how do u know this? Just curious

c8

HSC
Keep in mind it is also only an interview offer, so acceptance would be pending success in the interview process and crossing the atar threshold. The interviews are just conducted earlier (before atars are released)

Anonnnnnymous

HSC
English Studies, Math pathway 1, Cafs, Hospitality, Tourism, Business studies, i got accepted into Bachelor of Medical Studies/Doctor of Medicine at Unsw
Wait really? Firstly, congrats. I'm kind of surprised:

1. I never knew "tourism" and "maths pathway 1 were subjects"???

2. Also isn't your HSC next year? So how did you get accepted? Btw It says my hsc was done in 2012 but I haven't don it yet, I just chose a random option :)

dumNerd

HSC

2. Also isn't your HSC next year? So how did you get accepted? Btw It says my hsc was done in 2012 but I haven't don it yet, I just chose a random option :)
his trolling

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A

lol he's being sarcastic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)