What does it typically take to get 99 (1 Viewer)

halialoon

HSC
I'm very keen to get 99, and I'm wondering what sort of marks/ranks you'd internally and how you have to perform externally.

Currently these are my ranks:

English 6/130

English Extension 1 3/60

Mathematics 32/104 - getting owned probably/hopefully won't count

Maths Extension 24/55 - same story, not my strongest suit

Modern History 1/45

Business Studies 1/45

Ancient History 2/31

English Extension 2 - reckon I produced something that will get me 45-50

Where do I stand and if I'm not quite there what do I need to do/continue doing?

Any thoughts would be great.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Do you go to a well ranked school in the top 20 or so schools. You've definately have a very good shot at 99 if you so just as well in ur top 10 in the hsc.

OiNK!

Superior Member
HSC
For Moderm History, you state the rank is 1/45. Does this indicate that you are ranked number 1 out of the 45 people in your Moderm History class?

I do not understand how you are working out these ranks.

halialoon

HSC
Yes thats exactly how my ranks are worked out. In our school there are 45 odd kids doing Modern History and by the end I was ranked 1. Isn't that how it works everywhere?

HSC
OiNK! said:
I wasn't sure what you were referring to, that's all.
Well done!
yeh, who would have guessed that him saying his rank was 1 out of 45, meant that his rank was first out of around 45 people! amazing huh! lol im just ribbing you.

Anyway, be careful with estimation as modern history, business studies and ancient history arent the best scalers, but as long as you maintain that high rank, get band 6, scaling aint an issue and 99 remains possible. However, dont give up on math, particular math ext because if you look bak at previous years threads there are a lot of people who had math ext count after theyd given up on it because it scales so well. Also, eng adv and ext must be good mark, as for ext subject they dont scale so well. Examples of the scaling you may face are:

E.g) for most years, a 39 in math ext is equiv to 43 in eng ext. a 90 in ancient/modern is equal to about a 84 in physics or a 88 in math.

But really, you should be fine, id say your on a 98 at the mo (just a guess without knowing school rank) just dont give up on math 3 unit yet!

halialoon

HSC
just an update on how i went, seeing as i started this thread. I copped a 99.40!

bored of sc

HSC
ALOT of study and a medium to high band 6 (93-100) 10 units of subjects!

And oh, some luck!

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Above 92-93 in everything! That's why people say getting UAI 98+is not hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)