• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What did you do all holidays? (1 Viewer)

pandaaMONIA

HSC
I did a lot of maths.

But that's about it - My exams are first day back :S

Schoey93

HSC
May I point out to the Year 11 students here:

If you plan on doing Year 12 and finishing your HSC,

YEAR 11 COUNTS TO ABSOUTELY NOTHING

unless you do Mathematics - any course in maths ... 30% of the HSC exam in composed of Preliminary Mathematics questions... but Mathematics, at least at HSC level up to 3-unit, is quite easy if you are a mathematical thinker like me. Otherwise you should be doing General Mathematics, which is piss easy anyways (don't even bother saying it's not, I am in Year 10, have done past General papers and got 80%)...

so um
don't even bother feeling guilty for not studying. It is SO not worth it.
The only years of High School that really count are, in my opinion, Years 10 and 12.

Year 10 = School Certificate = the big decision 'do I stay at school or leave and get a trade, so I can starting earning cash straight away?' = foundation for your adult working life.

Year 12 = Higher School Certificate, HSC = the NSW/ACT university entrance pathway for High School Students = only an important Year if you plan on going to university some time in your life = not really that important, as only 30% of NSW/ACT Year 12 graduates go to university these days...

Anyways.
Year 11 does not count. It is a Preliminary course, just like Year 9 was for Year 10. And don't try to tell me Year 11 counts, because if it did then Year 9 would have to count too ... and really... tbh we all know Year 9 was a waste of our time and unnecessary...

So STOP STRESSING NOW ALL OF YOU YEAR 11s!!! YOU don't deserve to stress when this year counts for absolutely nothing in your entire working career lives!
:)

HSC
the only thing i would say to yr 11's is make sure you get in good study habits! because i regret not doing that going into yr 12. it was hard to develop study habits & its still hard lol. so even though it doesnt count & you really shouldnt stress too much, develop those habits now :)

TBK11

HSC
The Regret kicks in right about now lol
when you realize oh i can go to the citi tomorrow ill just study the next day then the next day then on the following day more plans are made i say to myself "oh well ill study the next day" and the cycle goes on and go till now realizing that going to the city isn't that fun anymore :(
(except for galaxy world)
and when it comes down to when school start your half screwed but it can all be made up
in the remaining few days [◕‿◕] with some hardcore procrastinating.

ahh well should balance 50-50 make plans for ^_^ time and make plan for revising/ study time..

DoomBuggy

HSC
I should have been working on my BOW and my PIP a bit more but i just haven't been stuffed to do much...

But i did do the RSA and RCG courses on Thursday and Friday... so i did do something worthwhile that contributes to my future! haha

I'm glad i finished my Half yearlies before the holidays...

I have been lurking round the house, staying indoors and watching TV shows on DVD the past couple of days... haven't been feeling the greatest :( and i go back Tuesday

fully223

HSC
Chilled with mates. Bludged. Went out etc.
Was quite a good holiday sesh.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Saw live shows. Went to parties. That's about it.

I only had the week off though because uni has a different break system.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
o_O all night? no thank you. It's still the holidays so I'm going to ease myself back into some hardcore study and work. Past Papers here I come...

suzlee

HSC
nothing much to make a difference... really...
some maths, some chem.... and some physics (just this morning LOL)

OMG I HAVE TO READ OTHELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
nothing much to make a difference... really...
some maths, some chem.... and some physics (just this morning LOL)

OMG I HAVE TO READ OTHELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
To do so fast and efficiently.... get the hell off BoS! lol. I procrastinate far too often on the web (not always BoS)......

I think I will quit before the HSC sometime, or at least a big break before the Maths exam this year.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
May I point out to the Year 11 students here:

If you plan on doing Year 12 and finishing your HSC,

YEAR 11 COUNTS TO ABSOUTELY NOTHING

:)
How would you know you're in Year 10. It's really hard ti shift up a lot of rankings, so this is the year to lay the foundation for a good year 12 by getting good ranks/marks in everything for confidence etc.

I did a lot of study on everythhing except 3U English I didn't do too much but it's ok it was just an essay. I've done 19 Maths past papers though. And I finished some assignments etc, so i should do fine in my half yearlies.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
How would you know you're in Year 10. It's really hard ti shift up a lot of rankings, so this is the year to lay the foundation for a good year 12 by getting good ranks/marks in everything for confidence etc.

I did a lot of study on everythhing except 3U English I didn't do too much but it's ok it was just an essay. I've done 19 Maths past papers though. And I finished some assignments etc, so i should do fine in my half yearlies.
+1
If you don't start developing study habits now, you'll crash and burn in Year 12. The workload between Year 10 and Year 12 is extremely different. Year 11 is a nice balance between the two.

oly1991

HSC
+1
If you don't start developing study habits now, you'll crash and burn in Year 12. The workload between Year 10 and Year 12 is extremely different. Year 11 is a nice balance between the two.
yes i agree but it also wise to try and not burnout in year 11. Year 11 should be about learning what study techniques work for you and get used how things work with ranks etc.

bored of sc

HSC
School related:
Maths Ext 2 homework.
Chemistry holiday homework.
In the process of reading and analysing Hamlet + [Hamlet homework, not going to get done, running out of time too fast].

samthebear

HSC
School related:
Maths Ext 2 homework.
Chemistry holiday homework.
In the process of reading and analysing Hamlet + [Hamlet homework, not going to get done, running out of time too fast].
lol at least you're trying to finish it. i've done half of mine and i've just given up @__@

monesh

HSC
did my summary of topic 3 for economics...that's it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)