What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

disorder

HSC
I got a Eunos 30X (aka Mazda MX3). Kickass car. Not brilliantly fast, but cheap and awesome on the corners.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
2000 Civic GLI sedan
;o

or should i say, that is my first car

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wonder if anyone here has the new Honda Jazz/Fit... I drove one the other day and it was surprisingly stable at motorway speeds compared to my sister's Terios which is what I learnt to drive in. Sure it takes a while to get upto speed and flooring it doesn't produce "a lot of power" despite what the dealer said.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A new Mazda 2
Toyota corolla
or
Holden Astra
I'd go either the Mazda2 or Corolla from that list. I'm guessing Corolla and Astra are used? Try to get one of the Rollas with 100kW. The Astra is seriously underpowered unless you get the higher spec models.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I was looking at a couple, like a Hyundai Excel, Proton Gen2 or the new Mazda2, but I ended up with a Peugeot 206CC - not complainig though :p
LOL @ Gen2. Everyone laughs at Protons but they aren't too bad when thrashed. Feel surprisingly decent to hold onto at higher speeds... must be the Lotus tuning ;)

MissMadiD

HSC
I'd go either the Mazda2 or Corolla from that list. I'm guessing Corolla and Astra are used? Try to get one of the Rollas with 100kW. The Astra is seriously underpowered unless you get the higher spec models.
Thanks.
Im liking the idea of a corolla now because they have a good reputation

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you just want a car which always starts when you want to go somewhere, is light on fuel consumption, easy to drive/park and won't attract attention, it's the car to go for. One day when you do want to sell it it'll be an easy sale as well.

61st of April

HSC
LOL @ Gen2. Everyone laughs at Protons but they aren't too bad when thrashed. Feel surprisingly decent to hold onto at higher speeds... must be the Lotus tuning ;)
Yeah when I found out that Lotus did their suspension, I was like, "Seriously?" but the car was pretty cool. According to the seller it had 4-wheel steering. I don't know whether that was true but it would be cool if it did, like the Prelude. They're different which makes them interesting. Also, their tail-lights are cool. Probably bitches to find parts for though...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah when I found out that Lotus did their suspension, I was like, "Seriously?" but the car was pretty cool. According to the seller it had 4-wheel steering. I don't know whether that was true but it would be cool if it did, like the Prelude. They're different which makes them interesting. Also, their tail-lights are cool. Probably bitches to find parts for though...
There's a LOT of parts if you're willing to import from Malaysia and malaysian websites. I've seen quite a few very done up over there (I'm Malaysian) but never in Australia. Only once have I seen a Proton with a 4G63 inside and that was at a car meet recently.

As for 4ws, I have my doubts... Proton isn't *that* advanced lol. I do admit they have surprisingly agile handling for that car class which makes it a bit of a blast to drive. It's so basic/rudimentary it has a similar feel to say a 370z. I know that sounds crazy but in terms of feeling like you are driving a very primitive basic automobile which just has an inherently decent handling/suspension, they do feel similar with a 'natural' or 'organic' drive... very different to say, a Mazda2, new Audi A4 or an Evo which feels somewhat artificial when you drive.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, sounds like you have quite a bit of experience! I haven't driven enough cars to be able to comment like that - all I can say is our Pajero has the handling of a steamroller and the turning circle of a cargoship, the Mercedes hugs the road quite nicely (too bad its supercharged = banned, although I don't know about that anymore...) and my car turns on a 20 cent piece. My knowledge of such things is no more sophisticated than that, and my driving experience is restricted to these three cars. You may laugh if you like - I'm very naive and inexperienced in this field :)
LOL my family has a Gen2 and a few other Protons along the way :) The engines, whilst a bit coarse, aren't too bad... it's just amazing you can even get upto their top speed without the thing falling apart.

RBKSoulja

HSC
just say no to hyundai hahaha oh and chrysler too, their suspension and gearboxes are terrible to be honest

honda civics are pretty decent for their size and age tho, my friend has one and ive driven in it, quite nice

i had a toyota soarer couple of months back, nice car, but it got written off when a station wagon sideswiped it at a roundabout. recently purchased a Mercedes 300CE 1989, runs quite smoothly.

whats the budget guys?? mine was 10k. id probably say get a old european car, theyre more reliable

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
One of my friends really wants a Savvy, but they all have manual transmissions and she has an automatic licence. Another friend's brother drives a little red Satria - with a severely bashed in passenger side that looks like it was sideswiped by a semi. He never comments on it - I think he may have been after something a little more... "beasty"... He's into Dodge Vipers, but they're pretty scarce - especially on his sort of hourly wage ;)
Avoid the Savvy. Not too good. Gen2/Persona/whatever they end up being called in Australia are good, but the Savvy's automated manual is a bit.. uh.. well let's say the marketing slogan in M'sia is "built tougher than it looks" >__>

What budget is the key question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)