What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

megaforcetkd

HSC
Looking for something around 15k..

I'm 17, and get my P's Feb (I got to Australia late =[).

I'm considering a '01 Audi A4 or something similar. I guess I could push the budget up a little, but not too much.

n.kawtarani

HSC
either...
BMW 1 series convertible

if i get a good uai :) >80
lexus is250C

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
a WRX engine is over-extended and over-boosted to the max.

Driving a large-engined car is always better than driving a 4-cyl... I prefer not to have to pre-plan my gear changes in some 3500-4250 rpm range where power is made.

Carrying around heavy load (boxes of magazines, as I had to do - just a 100kg+ load) was a tough task in a 2L 4-cyl. With no low-end torque, going up hills was painful.

Its simply more comfortable to drive a car that makes torque smoothly, esp. if you have to carry heavy loads. As soon as I can, I will switch to a v8 from a v6.

The fuel economy of a 4-cyl doesn't really justify what you get. I'd rather drive a big 3.8 v6/4L I6/6L v8 than a yaris and skip a few mcdonalds meals.

The evo/WRX/import range never appealed to me. They give some sort of an illusion of cheapness and mediocrity, even though I know they cost a fair bit. Just not my thing.

Although, I think diesel hatchbacks would be pretty neat if you live in the city.
Not really mate.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah my mimmy and dad are buying me a f430 maybe i dont know though its kind of meh what do u guys think

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
'08 toyota yaris. easiest car to drive. cheap for fuel, also can use e10 and it goes just as far. 40L gets me about two weeks, and i drive to school everyday, and i have touch at ridiculous places, like penrith, bankstown etc [i live in the shire, so it's a bit of a trek] at least once a week. you cn park in those spots that say small car only =]]. smallest turning circle. has a lot of power behind it for a small car [yes, for a small car - not in comparison to normal sized cars]. love it.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
'08 toyota yaris. easiest car to drive. cheap for fuel, also can use e10 and it goes just as far. 40L gets me about two weeks, and i drive to school everyday, and i have touch at ridiculous places, like penrith, bankstown etc [i live in the shire, so it's a bit of a trek] at least once a week. you cn park in those spots that say small car only =]]. smallest turning circle. has a lot of power behind it for a small car [yes, for a small car - not in comparison to normal sized cars]. love it.
did your daddy buy it for you?

lol it doesnt have lots of power, not even for a small car. terrible cars tbh. most cars are fine on E10. 40L gets me ~650km, thats nothing special

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
did your daddy buy it for you?

lol it doesnt have lots of power, not even for a small car. terrible cars tbh. most cars are fine on E10. 40L gets me ~650km, thats nothing special
in comparison to other small cars it does, most of them struggle up the hills where i live, but mine goes fine.

bullshit it gets you 650k, most cars are 6ish litres per km, you'd need 100 litres, not forty.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
um

40/6=6.67x100=~667km lol

100 litres would get me ~1667km

hahah you're doing ext 2 maths. what?
you're car is weak as piss and is by no means a standout in the small car section of the market.

also, most cars do not get 6l/100km lol more like 12.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
um

40/6=6.67x100=~667km lol

100 litres would get me ~1667km

hahah you're doing ext 2 maths. what?
you're car is weak as piss and is by no means a standout in the small car section of the market.

also, most cars do not get 6l/100km lol more like 12.
didn't think about it. wrote 6/km not /100km haha.

small cars do about 6 per hundred, and if it was a 12 L you'd definitely not get 650 anyway.

my car is the shit.

what would you recommend then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)