Well, we've finished our Trials now there's the lead up to .....Speaking!! (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Heheh. C'est belle!

You're right, writing in french is annoying (I'm just too lazy). So now I'm cutting out pictures as I type- 'Multi-tasking'. :rolleyes:

Your dress sounds lovely. My Mum's making mine (the yellow 50's one). She's not a dressmaker but can sew surprisingly well. So I have assigned her to make my formal dress.

Shoes for me are the hardest things to buy. I have such HUGE feet. Therefore it's quite difficult to buy any shoes let alone dressy ones. ARGH!

Are you having a separate dresses for your formal and graduation dinner or do you just have one big celebratory thing?

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
we don't have a graduation dinner. We only have the formal. There's a dinner there, but it's not really a graduation thing. If i had to get two dresses my mother would freak!!! this one has cost enough!! my feet are size 9/10. it's hard to get shoes that size cos EVERYONE has feet that size! so those sizes are always out of stock. ussed to be the other way round,when my feet were smaller, size 7, i never used to be able to get them. now 7's about the only size available! are you very tall? My mother can't sew and she won't try. She's not too good at it, no offense to her, but i wouldn't want her making my dress. It would prob (literally) look like a sack.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
LOL @ the sack.

Yeah, my feet -Size 10 1/2 but are rather wide,not any of the average B/C fittings. Ugh. I have no idea why my feet are so freakin' huge, 'cause I'm not overly tall. :confused:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, at the Speaking exams who shall I recognise?? Who's going to be @ Ravenswood @ 9:00am?

chepas

HSC
^^
Dites-moi .... votre robe
Tutoyons, ta majesté :p On est tous des jeunes, n'est-ce pas? :D

I haven't bought a formal dress yet either. Probably because they wouldn't let me in if I wore a dress. I haven't given a thought to the formal yet. It's so far away, plus I have no € or $ atm... makes it harder to envisage some form of suit. I have NO idea though. What do I get?

^Speaking (Yay tangents :p) Dang nabbit BOS. Anyone does ext speaking? I'll be trudging my way to Ravenswood for that... :(

Maybe whoever is going to the USyd open day after.. lol.. just find the needle in the haystack.

Proposition

For Francophone BOseurs and BOSeuses, a meeting somewhere like GLoria Jeans or soomething before the speakings on Saturday? Maybe Friday in city or something or other? Or is everything too stressful and argh this week?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I could get quite used to being referred to as 'ta majesté' :D

Hmm. Why not be unique and turn up in a dress regardless?

I dunno, what do guys wear... Suits- you could buy/hire a suit wear a colourful shirt some spiffy shoes??? I wouldn't go all out and buy a cane + top hat though.... :p

After Wednesday I'm completely freeeeeee. So I'm up for it. Tell me where an when and I'll be there.

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i can't get to the city :(
oooh at our year 10 formal one of the guys wore a dress. He has a twin sister and they looked sooo similar it was funny. He shaved his legs and wore high heels and a lbd and a wig. The teachers weren't very happy bout it... but it took them a long time to figure out! lol, it was classic.

chepas

HSC
^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Nice. Did he get hair/nails/whatever else all done up too?

^^ Subject to popular debate, suggestion, and agreement. Not really sure... :D

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
no, he didn't go that far. the dress was his sisters. the only reason he did it was cos he got paid a a fair bit. I think a lot of people were chipping in $5 to see it happen. and with 180 people in the grade... nah i think he got about $150. But it was funny. It was even more funny to see the teacher's faces when they realised!! oh, and seeing a guy try to walk in stilettos... lol.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
je rentreeeeeeeeee!

chepas said:
ta majesté :p
Oui, s'il vous plait, m'appelle ta majesté aussi :D Alors je vais parler en français aussi parce que je me sens coupable que je ne suis pas en train de faire mes devoirs de maths.

chepas said:
For Francophone BOseurs and BOSeuses, a meeting somewhere like GLoria Jeans or soomething before the speakings on Saturday? Maybe Friday in city or something or other? Or is everything too stressful and argh this week?
ç'est une bonne idee, mais nous pouvons parler en français? :uhhuh: Actuellement vous savez que nous pouvons rester * la maison avant le jour qu'on a un examen (STUVAC). Donc nous sommes tout libre le vendredi.

Alors, plus de maths pour moi maintenant je pense...
ps. Argh j'ai envie d'achéter une robe for la danse(formal) aussi, ou (trop parasseuse * chercher pour le (accented u) symbole) je peux trouver une robe? Je veux quelquechose jolie et unique (comme la tienne Hippy) mais pas cher. Oui je suis "cheap arse"^^ nah I have to buy about 3 dresses+shoes+...

D'accord -->MATHS MATHS

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
pauvre shazzam... trois robes!!! c'est stupide! Est-ce que les personnes qui sont acheter trois robes unique? c'est trop cher je crois. Peut-etre si vous porte le meme chausseurs (shoes.. it's sposed to be shoes. i think i said socks! they're too similar) pour tous occassions et (enlist) votre famille d'aider (sew) un robe?

chepas

HSC
Haha mon dieu, me semble que tout le monde se sent coupable de quelque chose ce soir! Moi aussi, je n'ai rien fait aujourd'hui... Bon. Ça ira mieux demain, je vais prendre le métro, donc je ferai QUELQUE CHOSE! hehe.

chaussures - shoes, chaussettes - socks. Quoi qu'ils soient, il me semble que ce serait trop cher d'en acheter trois! Combien de soirées as-tu, shazzam?

Le rendez-vous - bien sûr qu'on parlera le français, ce sera le but de la soirée :D Je créerai des nouveaux threads...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)