Well, we've finished our Trials now there's the lead up to .....Speaking!! (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yep major works are awful!! i spent $20 on PAPER this morning just to do my front cover thing. paper i tell you!!! and i couldn't get what i wanted so now it's going to look crap. hmph.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
HA! $20 is nothing compared to the $150-upwards price I paid for bloody, clear perspex. I have no idea what posessed me to paint on perspex but it's somehow got to come together by Monday morning. :eek:

chepas

HSC
Gosh, vis art seems such an expensive subject. Several people at school have spent such enormous amounts on their works, it's sort of insane. Then one goes to art express and sees all this flash animation that would have cost a whooole lot and it's like, mmm...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
won't it take ages to dry if it's on perspex??? and this is only for 4 unit, for 6 pieces of paper! art is expected to cost a lot more. THe first half of my major work is really good and polished and finished. so is the reflection statement. The other half, though... let's just say i could write better in year 7... plus i have to do journal entries for the last 3 months cos i haven't done it!!! i'm going to have fun this weekend!!!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
The paint has already dried so all is good there. It's now just the backing layers which I somehow need to adhere to the perspex today.

Art can be incredibly expensive, depending on what you do. One girl in my class has a whole electrical display with lights and everything! I reckon it must have cost her a fair bit to do that... It's scary!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah someone a few years ago at my school used hundreds of cds to make an angel, with computer drives and interfaces and stuff. it was really good, but it cost a fortune!! and my friend had to pay 300 to get her artwork framed

chepas

HSC
^^ !!
^ !! I remember seeing something like that actually, if not the actual angel-work...

Friend of mine wanted to use perspex to do a bit of framy stuff for her work, but all she wanted it was for keeping things in place and that could have been achieved by muuuch cheaper methods - not mentioning she wanted it 'flame-polished' or something, plus it would have meant more farting around, and considering there's like, a week or something till they're due... :D Poor art souls...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
quite possible you did see the angel work, i think it got into art express. it was soo good!! i'm not very artistically inclined so good thing i'm not doing it. hang on, that's why i'm not doing it! ahh... it all makes sense now... lol.
and if people want to spend hundreds of dollars on their work it's their own choice. i'm not going to stop them. Though it does seem like a waste... think of all the other things you could buy with that money...like clothes or jewellry. I want to go shopping!!!

chepas

HSC
Hehe yeah. I actually chose art, but dropped it for my LOTE. I was really enthusiastic about it, until it came to actually making art and it was just - ok - I have NO skill in this area.

Spose if they really like the art making and the expression etc money is no object. But yeah, shopping is good :D Though i haven't bought clothes for ages, and have never bought jewellery :D I'm a DVD and CD and French stuff person. As well as

eBay!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
well i haven't been shopping in ssoooo long. literally. it's been months. and guys can wear jewellry, or you could have bought it if you had a gf. Ebay is good. i love browsing on there. cd's and dvd's i'm not fussed on. I can't bb wasting my money on something i can get for free online...

chepas

HSC
True I have bought jewellery, but for the people I've bought it for they never seem to like it. It's really hard to buy jewellery for other people because everyone has their own tastes...

For CDs and DVDs I prefer the real thing, cos while downlaoading stuff online is good (did it for the rest of the Friends season - damn channel 9!!), the quality never does compare with the real thing. PLus I think i'm a bit of a sap when it comes to that whole legal/illegal debate... :D

chepas

HSC
Bon, je vais prendre une douche.... @+!!!

Something unrelated - are you/anyone going to the UWS open day tomorrow? I think I will...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
umm i buy all of my friends jewellry. It's something i'm good at picking (plus i'm very unoriginal.. though that doesn't really work with guy friends. They tend to get gift vouchers or something.)

yeah i'm a bit dubious about the illegal/legal thing. I won't register to any of those sites, anythign i download has to be available freely. and i don't download videos or shows. my parents tend to buy decent dvds so i don't have to worry about that.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
EBay is gewd. I've bought heaps of stuff off there- jewellery included. But generally, on the internet I just buy CD's from America. Especially the obscure 80's stuff!! :D And I've found that it's a helluva lot cheaper and less annoying to buy off the internet rather than go to a store and have to go through the rigmarole of explaining what you want and whether it's on their database.

That said, I still buy ordinary/more common CD's and ocassionally buy LP's from second hand stores....

The internet downloading debate: Hmmm. I admit I do have a lot of songs downloaded but normally if I like the music I'll go buy it. Most of the songs on my computer are just remixes or video-clip thingos. I prefer the real thing- cover art etc.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i don't buy stuff from overseas because it's too hard with currencies and postage and stuff. I only buy from within australia. Like i bought my phone and mp3 player on there. i'm also going to buy a tiara for the formal when i find one i like within my price range. and i don't dl many songs from the net because we have a download limit and it costs too mcuh. Radio is good. i listen to the radio a lot.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
A tiara! How cool! I want one......

Currencies work out well as long as you have your parents credit card ;)

Australian dollar's a bit ugh at the moment though...

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
no, i'm not allowed to use their credit card cos they're all paranoid about it and ppl getting their details. I have to use direct deposit. So if i buy from overseas i have to organise a bank cheque or money order in their country and it's way too hard... tiara's are pretty. i want it to dress up my dress cos it's pretty plain..

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Oooh. Dresses!!

(To justify being on the internet as opposed to doing major works I shall now type in french....)

Dites-moi un peu de votre robe.

Moi, j'ai un robe jaune, le style du 50's avec une 'full skirt' et une ceinture. J'ai n'acheté pas encore des chaussures ou des joaillerie. J'ai acheté seulement une robe pour l'année 12 'graduation dinner'. C'est dans les couleurs pastel et a aussi une 'fur shawl' crème pour aller avec cela.

J'ai deux robes. Une pour le Formal et une autre pour le 'Graduation Dinner'.

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
nah i'm writing in english cos i suck at french.
Yellow dress? that's cool. yellow makes me look really sick. ugh...
mine is dark blue with one thick strap, full length, but from my left mid thigh downwards it's cut away diagonally down to the floor. it's in satin. but where it's cut away it's cream satin covered with cream organza. i also have diamontes coming down the strap and splaying out in lines just where the strap spreads out and joins to the dress. i had to buy them from a line dancing shop in england lol. hmmm description doesn't sound good, but it's nice. I didn't buy it, got it made up by a dressmaker. but it's quite plain so i want a diamonte choker and a tiara to go with it. oh and i have the most gorgeous shoes ever. they're cream satin with one strap, and there's also another strap that goes around my ankle which is diamontes and it ties with a cream ribbon. describing them does them no justice!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)