Welcome to the C+A Room! Enthusiast Register here! (1 Viewer)

SlipStream

HSC
Hello fellow car enthusiasts! :) You've found the diminutive and well hidden Cars and Automobiles Room of BoS - one could call this room yet another room where you can come and have a chat in between writing your King Lear essay or whatever. I believe the appropriate word is "procrastination"!

Whether you can't see your bedroom walls through your car posters, or you simply enjoy a nice set of wheels, we've all got something in common: cars! So if you have a question or you just wanna whack in your opinion on some of the threads in here then go for it.

Please use this thread to introduce yourself, what you drive, what kind of cars you like, if you're active in any motorsports and any other interesting relevant stuff.

Me? My name's Dylan, I live north of Sydney on the good old Central Coast. I enjoy driving and have been since I was a wee lad, and will maybe be racing professionally in Aussie Racing Cars in 2007 or 2008 after I got the attention of some racing people after I successfully tested [EDIT: yes Dave, t'was a test! :p] a Lotus Elise Trophy car at Oran park in December. I like to think of myself as pretty car savvy, having pulled apart a few engines in my time and read a few books, and I work as something of a "spare parts advisor" at Super Cheap Auto. I'm into creative writing as well, having done 4u english, so I put one and one together and I got motoring journalism. If the racing career goes down the gurgler (likely due to lack of funds) then I'm pursuing an editorial position at MOTOR magazine - I'm doing work experience there next year as part of my Journalism course at Macleay College. I currently drive a G100 Charade, but hoping to 'upgrade' to a Subaru Brumby in the near future. I'm on my red Ps and have booked the greens for me b'day come January 13th! And that's me!

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'm Kieran. I live in Canberra (formerly western Sydney) the licences here are gained through what I call the 'cornflakes system' of giving them out to everyone - it doesn't help that most people who drive cars here are cyclists wondering what to do with the extra two wheels /rant. Moving right along I have something of a family background in cars my father used to race and is a mechanical engineer by profession and a mechanic by hobby. I grew up around cars (and various pieces thereof) - I will admit though that I didn't take much of an interest until I started driving.

This interest was piqued by discovering just how fun a '72 144 Volvo can be. Interest in increasing the fun (and keeping it running :p) bought me into the mechanical side of things. My car has subsequently obtained a bigger front sway bar, a rear one, mags, etc. I've always been one willing to do the reading and have an aversion to paying someone else to do a shitty job at something I could do. So experience with newer cars piled on via maintaining my (now ex) gfs cars and I learnt how to put in car audio.

Driving for me is a great pleasure and I push myself to always improve it through the mastery of new techniques and the smoother application of ones I know. I push my car to the limit and beyond in search of mine. When I find mine I seek to extend it.

I don't plan to pursue motoring in terms of a career however I do plan on enjoying every moment of driving. I suspect my obsession with automobiles will consume large chunks of my graduate salary and as my hobby to become a mechanic. Cars are my passion and I indulge it as much as I can

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
I'm dave. I live an hour south-west of sydney (NSW for those who arrived on the short bus). Ever since i was a kid i've been interested in anything with wheels. I used to ride BMX pretty seriously untill i was a victim of Mr. lazy. Then i got into motorbikes and went on a few motorbike riding camps down in yass, so then i bought one. I never rode it so we sold it.

In the mean time i had always been interested in cars, and learning about them. As most car enthusiests i started driving at a young age on farms and what not. And then i got my L's....I havn't really learnt anything yet i just sort of do it. I'll be getting my p's at the end of january so i'm reaaally looking foward to that.

Hmmmm family backround, well dad works with Ian Luff as an advanced driving instructor and does all kinds of driving things so i think theres a bit of natural talent in the blood.

I'm doing a tafe course automotive mechanical and i will be starting my second year of it when the holidays finish. I too work at supercheap auto, but its not very satisfying. I'd much rather get an apprenticeship but still got a year of school left. I'd love to race but its friggen expensive. So anyway, thats me.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'm Steven. Wasn't much into cars until very recently. I'm more interested in the visual, cultural and socio-economic side of cars than just it's performance. I have broad interests and tastes so it was only a matter of time till I did become interested in cars. Now, however, it has become my new found obsession, that is until I get bored with it just like everything else. Until then I buy Motor and Wheels magazines everytime they hit the stands.

I know almost nothing about the mechanical aspects of cars, I don't know how to maintain one, I don't much know how they work. My house has one car, a 2002 Camry V6 automatic, which has good power and is always reliable that being ignorant about it's workings hasn't bother me. Until curiousity has gottened the better of me I'm not going to go through a car manual to see how the thing works.

I'm doing a university course I don't want to do but continuing to try and pass just to get the degree. I didn't think I'd get into university and was planning on getting an apprenticeship. I have the attention span of a goldfish so I doubt I'd stay in one job for very long. Having to drive frequently is probably why I've been interest in cars. Driving seems to both calm me down and let me vent some anger which is why it's so enjoyable.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Wow, nice thread Slipstream. :)

I'm Phoebe, I live in Hurstville to the south where every car is a Camry ;) and I've been into cars for a while.. I guess since I met some friends who are into imports. I love to drive, I'd like to try drift one day (been to a few skidpan days as a passenger.. SO much fun!) and I guess my dream car would be a Koenigsegg.. okay, more realistically, a BMW M3.

My favourite car is the Supra though, because I can't get over the 2JZ :)

SlipStream

HSC
Welcome Kieran, Dave, Steven and Phoebe! Even though you guys have been in the C+A room many times, welcome anyway! :p

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Shit, its amazing what you find when you venture out of the sports forum. :)

Hi guys, im Brendan, and while im a mad football fan, cars is another passion. I spose it all started coz me old mans a Toyota car salesman (plz dont bag me out!:)) and i always sat in his showroom, reading The Red Book. Im in the country (Leeton, near Griffith, get a map if necessary), so its not as if I get to see modded cars going all over the place, but I appreciate it all the same.

Anyway, while Im an enthusiast it hasnt yet helped me in getting the motivatation to get my P's. Its all happening soon tho, and then the next challenge is acquiring my own wheels. Perhaps this is where I reveal my dream car... one that I own! Nah, i go through a different dream car every week so theres no point in naming one, but right now Im getting a boner every time i see an Audi A8.

Anyway, thats me in a nutshell. I might come by more often now. :)

SlipStream

HSC
A'hoy Brendan! Yes I agree, the A8 is a beauty. A BIG beauty, at that.

I need people to join me on the welcoming committee. :D

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Consider me as welcoming anyone who introduces themselves :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
SlipStream said:
A'hoy Brendan! Yes I agree, the A8 is a beauty. A BIG beauty, at that.

I need people to join me on the welcoming committee. :D
hahahaha....

can we set up a stall and sell home-made cupcakes?:eek:

ok, im bradford (brad is easier...). Drive an '83 camry, whicccccch looks shit, but gets me everythwhere i need :)

most of you sorta know me...have loved cars since a lil tike, (still) rebuilding a 1963 mini :eek: and enjoy learning about cars and most things related to them. Having the ability to watch just about any sort of Motorsport helps top up my competitive desire whilst i wait to get back into car club comps (none of this "im aiming for europe" crap:p), andddd keeps my october social life static :)

i could add more, but it's been boring enough :D

catch youse alls around eh, good times fellas(and girls of course:))!

deon_c

hey im deon i live near camden and went to school in waverley. Ive been into cars since i was quite young but have often been discouraged by my parents who seem to dispise cars, i drive an 05 pulsar hatch and will probably be doign electrical engineering at UNSW. Id love to have a racing career but as i have insufficietn funds i doubt it will happen. Its great to see how many car enthusiasts there actually are out there.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Doing engineering probably means that you will be able to participate in building an open wheeled racer as part of your uni's team - I'll see about finding some more details if you're interested.

SlipStream

HSC
Welcome to Cars and Automobiles room, deon_c! A racing career, hey? Have you participated in any motorsports before?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LOL hiya!!!!

The name's Shelly. Call me whatever you want. My little bro is DaddyK on here.. he knows much more about the automobile than me. I won't repeat the business about our father... coz if you read his introductory post, youll see all you need in there.

well im turning 19 in May, and im on my green p plates, have been since June this year (05). My beautiful beast is a 1984 Ford XE Falcon. I love it to death, and hes my baby. I lovingly call him Hank the Tank. Does anyone else have affectionate names for their cars? or is it just a girl thing? oh wait.. there's Dylan and his Shaz :p

Knowing nothing about cars, i just appreiciate their beauty and value. I'm especially fond of old, massive cars. And i love the Shelby Mustang... and not only because it shares my name. :D

i got my red p'z on an auto ('85 Berlina VL thingie)... but since i got my greens, dad took me to oran park twice and taught me to drive our manual (95 excel... not too sure about he year). so i can drive both... but i prefer my beast anyday to the shitbox Excel.

Thats me!!!!! bye all
see ya round like a doughnut

55psi

HSC
I am Jason, had a passion for cars as soon as i bought my first matchbox car and that was when i was freshly born out of my mums womb. Im in around the newcastle area, great scenery out here. Had my p's since july and driving a land cruise an 80 series i think, not that great but its great to drive and its got an option for diff lock, so that can be handy when i dont want to wheel spin down that track :p.
Im really into the jap crap, 4cyl, 6 cyl and only american muscle 8's.
Here's a list of cars that i once had a fettish with. Starlet Ep GT, Datsun 1600, mazda Rx7 S1-2, nissan s13 silvia, toyota ae86, and now Forester XT.
Im hoping to get a forester XT within this yr or the next, and turn it into a practical car and make it better than a WRX on the track hopefully :) and keep it as a family car if i have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)