Welcome to the C+A Room! Enthusiast Register here! (1 Viewer)

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Hi all, I'm Brendan, I used to be a canberran and then lived in parkes NSW but I am currently living on the south coast of victoria dodging the dodgem car drivers! I am getting out of here in the next couple of months, I committed minor "fraud" to get my licence at 17 (its 18 for Ps in Vic) and I am currently sharing my soon to be car with dad, a VY commodore acclaim (shell, mine is "dora the explorer", get it? commoDORA, pathetic i know) I work as a salesperson, I have some family background in cars with one of my uncles being on the aussie super sedans team way back and all of my family being in some way involved in cars, it is a family thing that we all love to drive, and drive fast! I love the luury cars, but have a soft spot for the aston martins and ferraris

-----------------------------------
If you skipped all that, my post in a sentence, driving lover in exile with commodore

mitch_f1

HSC
Nice thread

My name is Mitchell (Mitch is fine) and I am 17 years old (18 this year) I live in Sydney's Northern Beaches, I have my Red P's, and own (partly with brother) a 1993 Toyota Cressida Grande, which is an OK car (not enough power), my mum's Volvo V70 T5 is my fav car so far, can't get enough of it. I love cars, and have done since....as long as i can remember. I have a background of cars really, my dad is apparently a very big name in the auto industry, being the head of the Australian Automotive Aftermarket for a number of years. I ahve also had a number of amazing experiences in cars, including being driven around Eastern Creek at full race speed in a Porsche GT3 race car. I am a photographer, and recently have started 'modena photo' my own little business, with website comming soon, and basically I photograph cars, I try to get the artistic, brutal, and powerful side of cars. I think that some cars are artistic masterpieces. I have an uncanny memory of cars; I can identify most cars, if you give me a bit of headlight and grille, and am frequently annoying friends and family by doing it in the car/bus. I am against 'ricing', and would buy modifications with function/over looks, not looks/function, i'd take a stereo out rather then put one in. I have been to America once and seen a totally unique gathering called 'Crystal Cove car show', and 'SEMA' (my photos are in Autosalon #39). I would also like to race cars in the historics; I am already planning a BMW E30 project car. As for my studies, I hope to do a bachelor of science in the area of microbiology/genetics, after completeing year 12 (this year), in my year off I want to do a mechanics course at TAFE.
Hope that made sence, and I didn't miss anything out :p

Here is a link to my gallery for those who want to look:
http://supercarfreak.net/gallery/mitch_f1

Mitchell

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
You know what the cressida needs dont you?

.........engine parts from a supra......

mitch_f1

HSC
Yeh yeh, i know....i'm already thinking of getting the gearbox from it (auto in the cressida sucks)

But I can't do ANY performance mods, as i'm on my P's, and I didn't have them before that stupid, nonsensical law came in.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Thats where you're wrong.... when policeman plod pulls you over he cant check the engine internals or see that you've had a port and polish done, and provided they arn't a garish pink he wont notice extractors or a cold air intake.

I believe the current Zoom mag has a detailed break down of what you can get away with.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
sometimes i feel like a waste, and want to swap places with someone. im on my green pz, so therefore, got my p'z way before the stupid performance restriction laws were put in place. but i have no desire, or need to drive a v8, or a performance enhanced car. and i hear young people complaining about the law, and how they can't do anything to their cars. i do feel sorry for you guys a bit.

pottsy44

HSC
Hey im Michael, im not the biggest car enthusiast, but i am crazy for motorsport. I currently own a '99 AU Falcon, which has had many extra's put into it, lowering, exhaust etc, and in the process of gathering funds to furthur add to it.i previously owned a yellow '82 toyota corolla wagon that was infamous around my area :p.

My dad has been in the motoring industry for 30+ years and is a mechanic by trade. His mechanical skills only rubbed off onto me to a degree in the form of go-karts, where i knew quite a bit of the mechanical side of go-karts. I raced go-karts competitively for 3 years and ended up doing quite well towards the end of my year stint, winning a number of events and club champion of oran park in my class. My dad was also a great go-kart driver, where he raced for almost 10 years, dominating just about every meeting and class he entered. I also raced motorbikes when i was younger for 2 years, which was my stepping stone into motorsport.

Heusen

HSC
I am Heusen and I like cars.

I don't have a car because I don't have a job but eventually I'll get one sometime.

I've liked cars since I was about 2, although back then I only liked Ferraris. I want to get a Volkswagen Golf V GTi and eventually perhaps a Mercedes SLR.

I'm also a big fan of F1 and the WRC. My favorites for the titles are Raikkonen and Loeb respectively.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
heh, i guess i found a new spot to lurk in for a while...

my name is ahmad, i drive a '97 excel manual and a '95 twin cam corolla auto, both belonging to my parents but in effect i own half of each :D. the corolla has an improved airflow system (still cant believe i forked out 150 for a pod air filter and a rocket, but it sounds mean) and am soon going to try convince my parents to paint it black with two red stripes down the middle, but that will be the end of my modding on that thing (discounting sound systems from the modding process, cos they dont make you go faster... or do they?) cos its my mum's car and you can imagine a scarved lady roaring past you as she cruises 60 past the light. yep, its loud alright.

i've always been a fanatic about wrexies, but the past year has seen me gain a slight liking to GTRs and now i would prefer to buy an evo ix, since its faster than a wrexie and similar in price. my loyalty in rally still hasnt died though, and as long as a wrexie is in the top 10 i will be going for them.

Valeu

HSC
hi all, i'm paul and have been on red p's for a couple of months. Currently driving a 94 celica but considering a downgrade to an old 1.0L Charade or the like due to petrol prices. I consider myself a driving enthusiast primarily but still am passionate about all types of cars.
My ultimate career ambition would be to become a motoring journo for Wheels but in all likelihood i'll end up as a teacher.
I fancy myself as a bit of a trainspotter - can identify most cars from just a glimpse or from far away, etc. - and have a motoring magazine collection that is beginning to seriously test out the storage abilities of my room.
I would rather be driving: early model MX-5 with some suspension work.
I don't like: - automotive elitists who cling to long departed stereotypes about different brands: the type who'd buy an Audi A4 over an Accord Euro
- misguided, draconian and populist legislation such as the 'banned P-plate cars' and the idiocy of the "speed kills" hysteria whipped up by policy-makers and tabloids in order to hide their inability to implement sensible, thought-out road-safety initiatives.
I'm here because: i can't bring myself to begin my Ext. Hist. project.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Welcome aboard - and I know the feeling about ext Hist, been there done that, truth be told I didnt start till July :p

If you're interested in motoring journalism then Dylan is the guy to talk to.

Jimai

Jimai
HSC
James here...I got my green P's about 8 months ago, luckily, im not the bunch after June 2005 with the vehicle restrictions. Which doesn't affect me anyways, cause im driving a Honda Civic Vi Hatch '05 manual. Its the one with the gearshifter on the dashboard. Its a unique shifter, but its got quite a long shift stroke which i dont really like. So i get quite a bit of lugging when i shift fast.

I'm liking it quite alot, although the steering is bit loose and doesn't really have a feel like and Mazda3 SP23 which test drove a while back.
The engine, like all Honda engines have a nice high pitched engine sound when revved up to the high ranges, with VTEC kicking in at about the 4500rpm mark, that sounds even better.
I haven't driven out so much, cause I live in the east, and everything I need like Uni and ctiy is pretty much a bus trip away, plus the fuel prices. So I've had my car almost a year, and its only got 3700kms on the odometer.
Recently I've begun drifting with it.....in the rain, on isolated roads at night. Because its a front wheel drive, its a little more difficult, i have to time my hand brake pulling and skid traction at the right times.....very difficult...yea (dont try this kids...lol)
But I like the car
Im a big Honda fan....and wish in the future to own an Integra Type R or S. I wish to try the S2000. The S2000 has the shortest and most slickest gear shift...its fantastic.
But wouldn't mind trying an Silvia S15 or 350Z or RX-8

Last edited:

gna

HSC
Hey all.

names Garry, live in Kingsgrove. Got my P's last Aug, up for greens soon. Currently drive an Accord V6-L which was my 1st car. On my L's learnt on my dads Accord, so naturally i thought might as well buy myself an V6-L Accord. Got bored of that pretty quickly..trying to sell that now actually. Any takers? :p
Getting a 01 Integra Type R on Wed for my 18th w00t w00t (Yes with my own money :D) Yellow in colour with the limited edition yellow recaro's.
Honda boy through and through, but wouldn't mind a JDM S15, sexy cars they are..

blackkatz

HSC
hi, I'm Kevin. Live in Jakarta, Indonesia, taking HSC course here.
Dont have me own ride yet, but i do consider meself a car enthusiast.
I love vintage cars, a little bit of muscle, and light-weight cars like Caterhams.
Too bad here there aint nuch rides you can choose on, mostly MPVs and SUVs for those oversized extended families.

Love to have a chance of going to the racing world, esp: RALLY.
Loves Nissan cars (Skylines, Silvias, of all versions), love to have a chance to rip cars apart and rebuild them all over again with engine overhauls and everything.

Hates those oversize MPVs, they're uber big and block's my view.
Drives my mom's Suzuki Aerio, forgot the name of the OZ counterpart.

Hope y'all can accept here:).

colli-17

HSC
Hi I'm Sam, I live on a farm just out of tamworth and as a result i can drive just about anything with wheels,(and somethings that dont),
I own a 96 2.8 4wd dual cab hilux, It has a 2 inch lift, paratus seats sizeable stereo and LSD, New clutch cooling system and all that caper,
I use it just about everyday between school and home, I am looking to by a BA falcon sedan as well for a rodeo car as the hilux isnt that comfortable to travel long trips in, I have pulled many things apart... motor bikes mowers, HILUXS Tractors etc and managed to rebuild them with that little bit more, anyway thats about it for me, Cheers

kazan

im a herooo
at home, in the study, on a chair, infront of a co
HSC
hi im zwelli

im carless atm

but im hoping for a 180sx with a S13 nose conversion, commonly known as the SIL80

my and my friends have about an hour and a half of home drift footage, some in town, some on back roads,

i engjoy watching v8's and D1 drifting, also backyard drift battles are pretty cool

i wanna get my sil80
put an SR20DET
redo the suspension( coilovers new dampers, etc)
put a 3inch exhaust system
16inch rims
possibly black, or blue paint job
recaro seats
custom dash
short shifter
1.5 way LSD
new turbo system(boost guage/controller)
new steering wheel
nismo aero body kit

thats about all i can think of at the top of my head

:)

chin0o

Awesome Member
HSC
Howdy! I'm Tim, I'm 17 and from near Campbelltown.

I drive a 1996 Seat (pronounced say-it) Cordoba. Its a bit of a rare car around Australia, so insurance and new parts for it don't come cheap :(

I've been interested in cars for a few years now, and I love to read up about them and finding out how all aspects of them work. I enjoy working on my car, it may not look the best, but it performs pretty well.

I've been on my red P's for about 6 months now, still on 0 demerits too :D Can't wait until i'm unrestricted though.. Gotta love engine mods! :)

My dream car would be a Porsche 911 GT. I Doubt I'd ever get one, but I would be happy to settle with a Silvia S15 or a Golf GTi any day.

Well, thats me! :)

macoboi

HSC
Hey, I'm mitch, and i drive a 1997 lancer coupe.

The reason? Basically, it was cheap, and so are parts for it. I'm a DIY nut, so the car appealed to me at the time, because if i fuck something up, its not too exy to fix.

Recently got my green Ps, after serving a 3 month suspension on my reds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)