Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hobozforlife

Don't forget Syria bro

That's where Muslims are raping and murdering other Muslims so yeah lol
Palestinian muslims? Now tell me what could be worse then THAT!?!?!
Children deprived of education, their home, parents, and I could go on and on.

H

hobozforlife

again avoiding the question, why should religion be exempt from discussion and public opinion
It needs a *BRAIN* to know that Im doing exactly what you asked for, which is answering ur question.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
There are plenty of parts within the Quran that state violence is warranted when either under provocation, oppression or in self defence. Depending on what views you subscribe to ultimately defines what constitutes provocation, oppression and self defence. Some Wahhabists believe that violence is justified in order to bring the world under the rule of the worldwide Caliphate, whether it is provoked or not. I'm not saying any of the posters here are of that persuasion, but there is most definitely room within the Quran to justify violent acts. It all comes down to interpretation and that is what is wrong with religion.

EDIT: I may or may not have got this confused with Salafis, but they are quite similar
Salafis are a minority amongst the global Muslim population.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
With out the context( ie- the verses before and after the verses highlighted), these hold no meaning as they give no direction as to what is truly being said. In other words these verse may be truly from the Quran, but when studies on their own are purely misleading.

RANK 1

HSC
It needs a *BRAIN* to know that Im doing exactly what you asked for, which is answering ur question.
Giving opinions on something you dont know about or basing it simply on what you HEAR or watch clearly states that ur an ignorant thus ur opinions are invalid.
Obviously your lack of knowledge on our religion....how hard was dat to guess? :O

And ehh football team is played by HUMAN BEINGS, just like u and I, thus they make MISTAKES.
Please atleast get something compar-able!
how is this answering my question

H

hobozforlife

Ohh I just remembered lol
Ok as I have already told you, you havent studied our religion OR our history/origins...so how could you even discuss it?
* Yh get some hadiths online which have no context and go become a keyboard warrior*!
That's so gonna prove ur point!
(smell the sarcasm)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ohh I just remembered lol
Ok as I have already told you, you havent studied our religion OR our history/origins...so how could you even discuss it?
* Yh get some hadiths online which have no context and go become a keyboard warrior*!
That's so gonna prove ur point!
(smell the sarcasm)
And what about those who have and still disagree with you.

H

hobozforlife

You can't change how someone thinks of certain stuff. But however *those* people shud have an extensive knowledge of our religion before 'discussing' it.
And clearly from this whole convo/thread I haven't come across ANYONE who even has a basic idea.
You guyz are simply using google to search what YOU want!

Maybe try searching up some good stuff too, trust me you will find HEAPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Salafis are a minority amongst the global Muslim population.
That's a fantastic point you make but it is completely irrelevant to the main theme of my point in that protestors do actually have some wiggle room in terms of their belief to act violently and thereby these protestors were not actually transgressing their beliefs.

Living Moment

HSC
This thread is pointless, no-one is gaining form anyone.

Don't disrespect what you can't control, Muslims will be one-third of the world population in 2050 which is fact

The reason why so many humans hate Muslims is because there afraid of the unknown, mostly due to the media and how society depicts us. Please open your eyes not the TV

H

hobozforlife

They should have a *valid* point to disrespect. And a valid point could only be made after learning the religion.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
That's a fantastic point you make but it is completely irrelevant to the main theme of my point in that protestors do actually have some wiggle room in terms of their belief to act violently and thereby these protestors were not actually transgressing their beliefs.
In a sense they were, because Islam speaks of "an eye for an eye" as justice. I think it is fair to say that many of these extremist douchebags retaliated in a ludicrously extreme manner that certainly isn't "an eye for an eye", so they are in a sense trangressing Islamic beliefs.

There is also a large amount of flexibility in the "eye for an eye" rule as the Qur'an specifically mentions the concept of compensation and/or forgiveness as an alternative measure ("But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation."). So in essence, all it is prohibiting is punishment greater than the crime.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
They should have a *valid* point to disrespect. And a valid point could only be made after learning the religion.
Do you not realise how inherently flawed that premise is? Who gets to define a 'valid' point?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
No, that's not true. You can have valid reasons to hate or disagree with something based on only cursory knowledge.

If your statement was true, then we'd never get anything accomplished, because we'd have to know everything to discuss the validity of anything.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
This thread is pointless, no-one is gaining form anyone.

Don't disrespect what you can't control, Muslims will be one-third of the world population in 2050 which is fact

The reason why so many humans hate Muslims is because there afraid of the unknown, mostly due to the media and how society depicts us. Please open your eyes not the TV
It is also because of the unfortunate fact that a great portion of the Muslim population are brainwashed into believing certain things their parents/community/mullahs tell them rather than actually trying to understand what their religion is telling them, to the extent they come up with extremist interpretations at odds with other parts of the Qur'an.

i.e. Suicide bombers, in their delusional attempt to prove themselves as "good" Muslims (bullshit) not only kill innocent people, but don't realise that suicide is pretty much a free ticket to hell in Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)