Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
One must first understand that 1400 years ago was very different than now, times have changed and so have humans. 1400 years ago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not considered young girls, and rather they were considered young women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in the United States girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago.
Yet with these facts no historian claims that all these people were sick perverts, historians would call anyone who made such a claim to be arrogant and very stupid who has no grasp or understanding of history.
Even in Indo-Pak Sub-Continent girls used to be married at 12-13 even 50-60 years ago. And those ‘girls’ infact raised much better families. There were less family problems then. A simple analyses of the divorce rate then and know would certainly make it clear that maturity level earlier used to be different i.e. people used to come of age rather quickly.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Prophet Muhammad’s marriage with Aisha was 100% legal and acceptable by all laws and Divine Religions. It is important to know that girls during the Biblical and Islamic days used to be married off at young ages when they either had their first periods, or their breasts start showing off. In other words, when they turn into “women”, then they get married off. It was quite different for men on the other hand, because physical power and the ability of living an independent life had always been and will always be a mandatory requirement for men to have in life. So men waited much longer than women in terms of getting married. The guy had to develop both his body and mind before he was ready for marriage. That is why you see girls as young as 9 or 10 were married to men as old as 30 or even older. The culture back then and in many of the world countries today (NON-MUSLIM ONES TOO) is quite different than what you live in today.And there is no divine law which is broken in marrying a girl of nine at any costs.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Please keep it on topic. Enough leeway has been given.

If you want to discuss religion, please visit the appropriate thread, otherwise discussion should revolve around the events that took place on the weekend in regards to the protest.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Please keep it on topic. Enough leeway has been given.

If you want to discuss religion, please visit the appropriate thread, otherwise discussion should revolve around the events that took place on the weekend in regards to the protest.
Mate no problem, i'll stop if others stop posting abuse towards islam. What i've heard from others so far isnt too pleasing as a muslim to see. If people are going to attack islam on this thread, i have the right to defend my religion on this very same thread.

eshay lad 69

HSC
N/A
Mate no problem, i'll stop if others stop posting abuse towards islam. What i've heard from others so far isnt too pleasing as a muslim to see. If people are going to attack islam on this thread, i have the right to defend my religion on this very same thread.
brb interpreting criticism and questioning of religion as abuse.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Will me providing evidence be met with anything but cultural relativism and pointless ignorance?

You bet.

It's an extremely well documented fact that A'isha was 6 or 7 when Muhammad married her. Their marriage was consummated when she was either 9 or 10. If you seriously think that a 9 or 10 year old can properly consent to sex then I'm extremely fearful for any children you are around.
Not really. The text that documents Aisha's age as 9 or 10 at the time of consummation is Bukhari's Hadith, you only have to read it to realise it is hugely inconsistent in terms of dates. For example it also states that Aisha's sister Asma, who was 10 years older, died at the 73rd Hijra at 100 years old, which would have made Aisha 19 years old at the time her marriage was consummated. Furthermore, she participated in the Battle of Uhud, where people under the age of 15 were prohibited, again indicating that she was at least 19 at the time of consummation.

There are several other pieces of evidence that point at her being around 19 at the time of consummation by many other historians. In fact, this age is actually more consistently represented in historical texts, it's just that Bukhari is the most famous (and ironically the most inconsistent) one.

The hadith are not really considered essential or 100% fact by many Muslims, because they are historical accounts that are not considered the word of Allah. In fact, some Muslims are outright against the Hadith as the Qur'an strictly states that everything in Islam is in the Qur'an, so any other text is deemed irrelevant.

Also I do not see how this is in any way relevant to the riots tbh

Last edited:

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Saying its fine to have sex with 9 year olds isn't helping your cause.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Saying its fine to have sex with 9 year olds isn't helping your cause.
Hey we're forgetting context here. This hapenned over 1400 years ago and was a norm amongst both the muslim and non muslim community at that time.

Peccadillo

HSC
7eleven stop brother, please. Whether or not the girl has reached puberty is irrelevant.

Please can we get off the "Muhammad is a pedophile" discussion. You can find it discussed and disected in detail in a quadrillion other places with a simple google search. Lolsmith was just shit stirring. There is no point indulging in it.

Im personally dissapointed to see, on a student forum where you should supposedly get intelligent and academic discussion, you have these ridiculous views that sound more suitable to the 2GB forum.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Who the fuck made that video anyway?

Whoever made that video should be brought to justice

Just causing problems and people are wondering why there is no peace in this world

It is bludgers like those idiots that create this video that our world is in a mess

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Why?

I may not agree with what he says or how he says it, but I support his right to freedom of expression.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
the movie is so ridiculously terrible that it strikes me as more of a bad joke than anything else

how on earth people were stupid enough to actually take it seriously is beyond me

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
If they want to express their opinion, talk to their family or friends but not to the whole world

H

hobozforlife

Well why doesnt he go and exercise his *freedom of expression* on other religions!!
Geez people leave us innocent muslims alone :rolleyes:

You always hear people burning QURAN, making cartoons of our PROPHET and what and what not...
I mean srslyy afterdoing all dat you really expect us muslims to sit back with bag of popcorns and watch it happen!

hmm ye-ah I guess I got my point across, now go and study for ur HSC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
You always hear people burning QURAN, making cartoons of our PROPHET and what and what not...
I mean srslyy afterdoing all dat you really expect us muslims to sit back with bag of popcorns and watch it happen!
So you attack people in Sydney who have nothing to do with one mans decision on the other side of the world?

Christian's cop a lot of abuse too. Even on these forums. I'm a Christian and I don't like it, but I understand that people are entitled to say and do as they please and there is very little I can or should do to change that. Each to their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)