• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uws (1 Viewer)

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
Also 70k isn't *that* high
for a 'shit' uni everyone likes to call it, also 70k > any other uni grad starting salaries unless you get in IB, eng, law...ect Other wise it's high.

lol at 70k not high for uni grad

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
one of the tafe teachers i had graduated from UWS. she worked as a chief financial consultant for some corporation, but uws grads seem to have decent prospects.

^ forgot about her.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
70k is about median for grad at a top-tier law firm.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well what's it about then? Perceived intelligence or something like that?
I might be splitting hairs here, but I would posit it's due to the course structure of UNSW and quality of education and what not, not just because it has UNSW written on the degree sheet, which is what I'd say is prestige.

If UNSW changed their structure tomorrow and were shit, their graduates wouldn't get positions just because they went to UNSW

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
cool. i really dont see how this point is relevant
Your first post said beside med, uws are bad. And i'm proving you wrong. Hows that irrelevant?

you got anymore crap you want to post? so i can rebut it again and again.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Your first post said beside med, uws are bad. And i'm proving you wrong. Hows that irrelevant?

you got anymore crap you want to post? so i can rebut it again and again.
also, i said uws is full of bads, you have not proved me wrong with your single example hence it is irrelevant

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
also, i said uws is full of bads, you have not proved me wrong with your single example hence it is irrelevant
I picked people i know, of course only going to be 1 or 2 person

But you want to play this way. Then i guess i'll play with you, so tell me how you know uws is 'FULL' of bads? you know every single one of them?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
this argument would be similar to

unsw is full of asians

"then explain to me how i know one white guy that goes there"

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
if you looked at my post, i included law.
I did look at your post, and I looked at your post again, and I still don't understand the point you're trying to make (other than stating facts).

fiona_ofc

HSC
lolz i just laughed :p Different university offer different courses.
For example for music degree I'm applying, UWS has a very good system for music therapy that not all universities offer.
Sometimes when people get in a university is not becoz how good they are but what courses they suit.
Again in ANU they have double degree on BMusic with Asian Pacific Studies which is not offered in any other uni in the entire Australia.

Well this is only for Music tho, but im still sure that for other degrees there are some unique combinations too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)