Uws (1 Viewer)

Hala14

HSC
you people cant just come to a conclusion that UWS is bad just because it has a bad name i mean all courses there are probably equally as good as all other unis... and people who graduate from there should have an equal chance to people who graduate from any other uni!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Med.
Only because the cutoff is 93.5 for me.
If I don't get in because of UMAT I'm not taking a gap year, I'll just study B MedSci (adv) or B Sci (adv) and do UMAT and shit the next year.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
you people cant just come to a conclusion that UWS is bad just because it has a bad name
A university doesn't get a bad name by being a good university.

i mean all courses there are probably equally as good as all other unis...
What are you basing this on

and people who graduate from there should have an equal chance to people who graduate from any other uni!
No they shouldn't then what's the point of different universities with different courses and course structures

UWS isn't a better university compared to others because of a few things, but assuming it is or isn't something based off of no real experience or knowledge of university and the way the graduate employment system works is just plain ol' stupid.

Also 70k isn't *that* high

Hala14

HSC
A university doesn't get a bad name by being a good university.

What are you basing this on

No they shouldn't then what's the point of different universities with different courses and course structures

UWS isn't a better university compared to others because of a few things, but assuming it is or isn't something based off of no real experience or knowledge of university and the way the graduate employment system works is just plain ol' stupid.

Also 70k isn't *that* high
What you're saying is absolutely ridiculous, i mean what's the difference between graduating from a B Commerce from USYD and a B Commerce from UWS? Its the same course! UWS is just based on what the people in it are like but the facilities the university has to offer are exceptional, and actually don't jump to conclusion i do know what it is like as my sister goes there and she is so happy with it!

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
actually now that i think about it, one of my tafe teachers graduated from UWS. i think she studied part time there. but yeah, she was a chief financial officer at a bank or something.

job prospects are good for uws students as well.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What you're saying is absolutely ridiculous, i mean what's the difference between graduating from a B Commerce from USYD and a B Commerce from UWS? Its the same course! UWS is just based on what the people in it are like but the facilities the university has to offer are exceptional, and actually don't jump to conclusion i do know what it is like as my sister goes there and she is so happy with it!
No they aren't you crazy lady, they just have the same name. People who graduate as Commerce students can go into a fuckload of fields which include an enormous array of disciplines, but since they all graduate with a B Commerce that must mean dey cn all d0 da sam3 fing!!!1!!!

Universities have different requirements for the same degrees to be finished and different staff with different resources and different industry contacts and different entry requirements before all of that. A student who gets into a course with a cutoff of over 90 is usually (not necessarily all the time) a better student from the start than someone who can only muster an 80. Statistics to support this include more successful businesses hiring more graduates from UNSW, Sydney and Macquarie compared to other universities such as UoW and UWS.

That's not to say that you're doomed if you're a UWS student, because there is a huge market out there for a myriad of fields, especially if you're willing to travel overseas.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
One of the Commerce lecturers for Management here at UNSW used to have a job, a job sorting out through applications for a certain job. The bosses told this future-lecturer to:

1. Sort the applications. Put applicants from Sydney and UNSW in one pile, and put all other applicants in another. Then throw this pile in the bin.
2. Sort the applications again. If any application has a spelling mistake, or grammatical error - throw them in the bin.
3. Those which survive this, bring them to us - and we'll pick from there.

True story.

If you wanna keep living in la-la land where everything is rosy and happy, then go ahead - now I'm not saying all employers are like this - but university prestige can be a factor sometimes.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
One of the Commerce lecturers for Management here at UNSW used to have a job, a job sorting out through applications for a certain job. The bosses told this future-lecturer to:

1. Sort the applications. Put applicants from Sydney and UNSW in one pile, and put all other applicants in another. Then throw this pile in the bin.
2. Sort the applications again. If any application has a spelling mistake, or grammatical error - throw them in the bin.
3. Those which survive this, bring them to us - and we'll pick from there.

True story.

If you wanna keep living in la-la land where everything is rosy and happy, then go ahead - now I'm not saying all employers are like this - but university prestige can be a factor sometimes.
he didn't say that about UNSW and Sydney, stop making shit up

he just threw out all the spelling mistakes and the people that weren't graduates

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
he didn't say that about UNSW and Sydney, stop making shit up

he just threw out all the spelling mistakes and the people that weren't graduates
Then take it up with mitchy who told me the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)