UNSW Medicine/Arts Tutor :) (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Hi everybody :)

My name is Lawson and in this year's rush to snap up a tutor or two I've decided to offer my tutoring services again.

I currently study medicine/surgery at UNSW, and also will be completing an arts degree in the coming years. I did receive medicine offers both within Sydney and also interstate.

I graduated from Sefton High School in 2008 and received top bands in all eight subjects that I did: advanced English, extension 1 English, extension 2 English, mathematics, mathematics extension, modern history, extension history and chemistry. Be that the case, my UAI/ATAR was well over 99. I prefer to teach history and English, so although I did get 98 in maths, it wasn't a particular love of mine (the way history/English was, and is).

More importantly, I think I have the necessary skills and notes available to you, having taught over the last year. I am exceptionally proud of all the students that I had this year - and their scores are in brackets: three advanced (91, 88, 79) and two standard (88, 85). As I tutor students of all degrees of ability, I was delighted to hear of how much improvement they had made. Their ATAR's were also fabulous, from 99.20 to an 84.50 - so although I cannot claim credit for their hard work, I can at least claim a very very tiny portion of their successes.

Sessions are 1.5 hours long, with each being $50. I live in Cabramatta. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at lawsonung@gmail.com.

To end, I might just give you some bits of advice, whether I tutor you or not. The HSC is not about always having to beat the next person. It's about doing your personal best, and that is something that I always like to drum into whoever I teach. Let it be known that the HSC does not define who you are, nor does it measure your self-worth. It does not test your personality, nor does it test the conviction you have in your values and beliefs. Enjoy year 12 and make sure you get out there, party, get involved in your community and school. Love your family and your friends, and do not become tunnel-visioned zombies who trick themselves into believing that what they receive for an ATAR is somehow tied in with their sense of worth. You just might be pleasantly surprised at how well you do in the end. :)

That's all from me. I look forward to meeting you soon.
Lawson :eek:

Last edited:

Kamal15

HSC
To end, I might just give you some bits of advice, whether I tutor you or not. The HSC is not about always having to beat the next person. It's about doing your personal best, and that is something that I always like to drum into whoever I teach. Let it be known that the HSC does not define who you are, nor does it measure your self-worth. It does not test your personality, nor does it test the conviction you have in your values and beliefs. Enjoy year 12 and make sure you get out there, party, get involved in your community and school. Love your family and your friends, and do not become tunnel-visioned zombies who trick themselves into believing that what they receive for an ATAR is somehow tied in with their sense of worth. You just might be pleasantly surprised at how well you do in the end. :)
lol too true
credentials sound awesome and im sure he'd be an awesome tutor:jump:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I think this is one of the better opening posts out there. Good luck. :)

I guess this means you know S.La. :p

Zephyrio

HSC
LOL yup, Sla's one of my good friends from school and we still talk to eachother for some lulz.

wendybird

HSC
To end, I might just give you some bits of advice, whether I tutor you or not. The HSC is not about always having to beat the next person. It's about doing your personal best, and that is something that I always like to drum into whoever I teach. Let it be known that the HSC does not define who you are, nor does it measure your self-worth. It does not test your personality, nor does it test the conviction you have in your values and beliefs. Enjoy year 12 and make sure you get out there, party, get involved in your community and school. Love your family and your friends, and do not become tunnel-visioned zombies who trick themselves into believing that what they receive for an ATAR is somehow tied in with their sense of worth. You just might be pleasantly surprised at how well you do in the end.
Your advice is so eloquently put and I wholeheartedly agree.

Kids, I don't think you could ask for a better tutor. :)

Zephyrio

HSC
Wendy, thanks for that little bit of star quality added to my thread. If she says I'm good, then I must be good. Right? Lol :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)