Umat? Summer School? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
stop being so stingy PAY UP...lol jk :D

anyways good luck UMAT-ians of 07

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Decided that I'm not joining UMAT prep courses. I've realised that it's a waste of money, as I've personally asked many people upfront about it, (who have all completed the UMAT prep courses and performed well in the UMAT), and they all highly and strongly recommend NOT to join.
But then, in the end, it's your choice, no one can stop you or make you do anything :)

Polar999

HSC
I did f2fumat last year (and doing it again this year) but has anyone done both f2f and med entry? Is medentry actually worth it because the website sounds likes its advertising to the brainless masses with 'supreme' guides and just all out bloating crap. Anyone got a comparison?
btw f2f is pretty damn good and they keep updating the questions to keep up with umat changes and the guesswork is pretty spot on. Plus Mike is a great teacher who teaches rather than lectures.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
Anyone want to go in for the MedEntry 25% discount?

candid

HSC
Anyone up for f2f or medentry groupie? i prefer f2f though.

aussiechica7

HSC
I think prep courses r worth the money. $600 ono is much less than the $8000 you'll spend in CSP fees taking biomed if your UAI is up to scratch but your UMAT is not.

I'm selling a UMAT test booklet from last year from medentry for $25 incl. postage. If you're interested, PM me. Its a full length paper and should give you a good idea of how well you can do in the actual test, or if u should invest in prep. Cheers.

kloudsurfer

HSC
aussiechica7 said:
I think prep courses r worth the money. $600 ono is much less than the $8000 you'll spend in CSP fees taking biomed if your UAI is up to scratch but your UMAT is not.
Thats a very good point. I never thought about it that way.

Anyway, I went 2 Medentry on the weekend. It was definetly worth it, I learnt heaps (including that I am very empathetic yet completely illogical!)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Thats a very good point. I never thought about it that way.

Anyway, I went 2 Medentry on the weekend. It was definetly worth it, I learnt heaps (including that I am very empathetic yet completely illogical!)
LOL!

I went to a med info arvo and the surgeon who was giving the lecture and does this internship thing through UNSW, said it was a waste of money to do a one of those courses because "there is no evidence to suggest that those who attend coaching courses do better than those who don't."

Me, I don't really know. Some people think it's worth it. *shrugs* :p

aussiechica7

HSC
Of course they say that. They want less people to do it because it creates inequity between those who do it and those who don't. There is no kind of exam that can't be trained for, particularly the UMAT (taken from someone who did it twice). Anyway, whatever, its up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)