UMAT Preparation (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Anyone here actually going to like a UMAT preparation college or whatever, or do you guys think it's just a waste of cash?

ball00n

HSC
I think the best one and the most popular one would be Medentry.It is rather useful in familiarising yourself and understanding what the test is about and you get practise questions for each sections. Personally, Medentry was particularly useful only for Section 3 which are pattern recognitions however it wasn't really helpful for sections 1 and 2. If you have friends who have resources then you don't need to go to Medentry :) Good luck for Umat, it is really a hard test which does not indicate your talent in being a good doctor :D

Aysce

HSC
Moderator can you please move this thread to General Discussion 2012 please? Accidentally posted in wrong section :$

Aysce

HSC
I think the best one and the most popular one would be Medentry.It is rather useful in familiarising yourself and understanding what the test is about and you get practise questions for each sections. Personally, Medentry was particularly useful only for Section 3 which are pattern recognitions however it wasn't really helpful for sections 1 and 2. If you have friends who have resources then you don't need to go to Medentry :) Good luck for Umat, it is really a hard test which does not indicate your talent in being a good doctor :D
Thank you :D It will be hard but my dad doesn't mind the money. I just read that GAMSAT is a 6 hr test wtf?!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I believe it's a waste of money. Personal opinion, others will claim different.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
for what you get, yes, they are ripping you off big time.
but if it gets you those extra 5 percentiles and pushes you over the cutoff for an interview then yes, its probably worth it.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I think its a waste of money personally.

makhunter

HSC
I think its a waste of money personally.
What did you get in the UMAT then mate.

83%? 58 raw? You're just scraping in buddy. Count your lucky fucking stars you're in GWS area.

Sainteced

HSC
Uni Grad
What did you get in the UMAT then mate.

83%? 58 raw? You're just scraping in buddy. Count your lucky fucking stars you're in GWS area.
But it is a waste of money, at the very least it is grossly overpriced. However, in terms of practice papers you don't really have a choice. I suggest buying one 'subscription' and splitting the cost between 7-9 people. I'm not sure how it works but I know that you have 10 test papers which you can split between your group. That, in my opinion, the most cost effective way of practicing for this cruel exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)