• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Typing notes from the HSC syllabus? (1 Viewer)

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
Agreed with the experimentation, it wasn't until I tried handwriting that I realised typing caused me to retain less information. It's less about what's 'most efficient' for others, it's about what works for you.

As for physics, I handwrite notes and use whatever format I feel is more appropriate. I usually have a little bit of prose or a dot point explaining diagrams, tables or formulas.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
I do neither. Just read through other peoples notes i've downloaded online. It works as long as you understand what they write.

megan_p

HSC
I've been told its best to type... for some topics.
For example, for a history topic it's always good to write your notes in chronical order of year of events, this means you're continually adding information into different sections, you can't do that on paper without a whole lot of scribble, so if you type it you can just add things in where they need to go!

Examine

same
HSC
I'm currently writing notes in my workbook since it helps me memorise better plus I need to increase the speed of my writing. (Business Studies)

Last edited:

Aysce

HSC
Way I do it is just download other notes and use my main text books to compile a solid set of notes. These notes are written and it's legit, they stick in your mind better than typing. Plus, my computer screen is too big and it burns my eyes.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
I type mine on one note and use colours etc to help me. When i have a test coming up should i print? Because what if I need to change the one i printed?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I type mine on one note and use colours etc to help me. When i have a test coming up should i print? Because what if I need to change the one i printed?
Print it. Use that for that test, chuck it away after. Keep revising the big 'main set of notes' and print them out when you have tests so you can have last minute revision material.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Here is what I do:

Type my notes on the computer using a variety of resources (eg: textbooks) and make it as detailed as possible.
During those weeks when assessments are coming up, I print my notes and try to memorise them. Then, I handwrite my notes in my own words on paper with how much I know on top of my head. I simplify it and then compare it with the typed notes, and add any other important stuff that I forgot.
I then retype my notes on the computer using my own words and this time, I use the handwritten notes as my only main reference but mainly use the knowledge in my head. I follow the dot points of the syllabus.
Consolidate with questions and past papers.

I only do this for the science subjects though. I don't do it for any other subjects such as the humanities as my 11 units are just composed of English, Maths and Science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)