Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
*shudder* Oh dear... That would be ...
I can't think right now cause I can't imagine anyone who would do that :eek:

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Where did my other post go? It was a legit story! I wasn't condoning the words of the lol'er!

I blame the internet. For both my deleted post and for this suicide business. Seriously though, I feel more sorry for the poor guy that found two one week old carcasses swinging in the breeze, rather than the girls themselves. You can moan and bitch all you want about this being a hackneyed topic, but anyone who takes their life in that fashion, dragging someone else along, creating a fucking exhibition for the world to see is a douchebag. A messed up douchebag? Maybe, but a douchebag none the less.

Feel sorry for their families though, obviously.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Seriously though, I feel more sorry for the poor guy that found two one week old carcasses swinging in the breeze, rather than the girls themselves. You can moan and bitch all you want about this being a hackneyed topic, but anyone who takes their life in that fashion, dragging someone else along, creating a fucking exhibition for the world to see is a douchebag. A messed up douchebag? Maybe, but a douchebag none the less.

Feel sorry for their families though, obviously.
i agree with this entirely.

MuffinMan

HSC
I'm just pissed off that (well one of them) decided to take the other along. That is a new low. I feel sorry for the girl who got dragged into it and stuff. (I doubt that they both originally had the idea of killing themselves before they met them and stuff)

rhcpfox1

HSC
MuffinMan said:
I'm just pissed off that (well one of them) decided to take the other along. That is a new low. I feel sorry for the girl who got dragged into it and stuff. (I doubt that they both originally had the idea of killing themselves before they met them and stuff)
But Which girl dragged the other into it?

First look you would say Steph, the red headed one, as she was more into the heavier style gothic genre and wore 'goth' attire to free dress days, while Jodie appeared to be a quiet, unobtrusive, everyday kid.

But if you look on some of the comments Jodie posted on her friend's myspace, they indicate something troubled about her, as well as the poems she wrote regarding suicide.

Maybe each is equally to blame for perpetuating their suicidal feelings?

You can't simply drag someone into suicide.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Mother's anguish

The author of today's internet note was identified by Southern Cross as Stephanie's mother, a transit police officer, using a pseudonym.

"Stephanie, why didn't you tell me you were so upset? Why didn't you just come home?'' the note said.

"You had only just turned 16. You were always such a quiet girl who spent time listening to music and surfing the internet.

"There is nothing that couldn't have been sorted out. You were my only child and can never be replaced. Bye bye my little girl.''

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/04/23/1177180523444.html

:(

MuffinMan

HSC
rhcpfox1 said:
But Which girl dragged the other into it?

First look you would say Steph, the red headed one, as she was more into the heavier style gothic genre and wore 'goth' attire to free dress days, while Jodie appeared to be a quiet, unobtrusive, everyday kid.

But if you look on some of the comments Jodie posted on her friend's myspace, they indicate something troubled about her, as well as the poems she wrote regarding suicide.

Maybe each is equally to blame for perpetuating their suicidal feelings?

You can't simply drag someone into suicide.
yeah kinda freaks me out. They probably came up with it together or something. Something must have been really really wrong with them. What upsets me is that they were only 16. You don't come up with suicide for no reason, and especially not when you're only 16. :(

Oh I just realised, the girls attended your school??!!!!!????

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes, I think it must be pretty much common knowledge now that they were suffering from some kind of mental illness (depression for instance).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
urf said:
Why is this in light and offbeat news anyway? Seems somewhat serious in my opinion, but maybe thats just me...
You should read what Light & Offbeat entails. It's stickied.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
f**ken twisted emo chicks... that's more twisted than that virginia massacre guy, in the sense that they don't even have a reason for killing themselves. f**k me dead...

for all you emos out there, you see this? this is Exactly why i hate emos, not to mention all your wrist slitting, cuttings and twisted mind games. make me sick.

lengy

HSC
Um... wrist slitting is an outward representation of the pain they may feel on the inside so they physically cause themselves pain as a way of showing the crisis they may be facing. Or there are trendy emos who like getting attention.

You just stated, with the slitting, if it's genuine, how similar they can be to Cho. Cho hid his pain and released it in one explosive finale whilst, if these girls were really upset, they chose instead to end their lives without killing other people. So your arguement is void.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
What was so wrong about asking for a link to their myspace profiles? They're dead and gone. I do not think they will be worried about me reading their blogs.

Ask permission before you delete my posts, show some respect.

rhcpfox1

HSC
MuffinMan said:
Oh I just realised, the girls attended your school??!!!!!????
Yeah they were Upwey High Year 11's
Im a school captain at Upwey.

You always hear about suicides and stuff, but never at your own school, and never two at once. The whole senior school is devastated by their deaths, and for the most part the younger kids can't fully grasp the situation.
The school is teeming with counselors as they think the friends of the girls are at a high risk of hurting themselves.
God I hope that doesn't happen.

I chair the SRC and I'm fairly sure the rest of our efforts this year are going to be focussed on Jodie and Steph, i.e. a Battle of the Bands in memorium, some kind of token at the school, such as a plaque or something.

MuffinMan

HSC
rhcpfox1 said:
Yeah they were Upwey High Year 11's
Im a school captain at Upwey.

You always hear about suicides and stuff, but never at your own school, and never two at once. The whole senior school is devastated by their deaths, and for the most part the younger kids can't fully grasp the situation.
The school is teeming with counselors as they think the friends of the girls are at a high risk of hurting themselves.
God I hope that doesn't happen.

I chair the SRC and I'm fairly sure the rest of our efforts this year are going to be focussed on Jodie and Steph, i.e. a Battle of the Bands in memorium, some kind of token at the school, such as a plaque or something.
Wow, I'm sorry dude lol, I can only imagine how it feels like to have someone you know and stuff do something like this :(

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
tamaranadine said:
they have links of their websites posted one the net, but their profile is privet so i don't think you will be able to access it (how did the media get on?)
I saw one of the girls' pages two nights ago. Seems like someone's logged on and changed it to private setting.

This is really tragic, and a lot of my friends and family, including myself, are shocked by this event.

I'd have to disagree with the suspicion that one of the girls dragged the other into this suicide act though. What I'm slightly disturbed by is the fact that one of the girls had a boyfriend. I wonder if he knew what was going to happen.

But nevertheless,

lengy said:
Respect their choices.

Last edited:

MuffinMan

HSC
Faytle said:
I'd have to disagree with the suspicion that one of the girls dragged the other into this suicide act though. .
Yeah, probably not, my bad for thinking so. But none less disturbing though. Most people who want to commit suicide usually do it themselves, without telling anyone. Callorborating and planning with someone to commit suicide with is just wrong :(. I wonder how the topic came up? There must have been more to it. Like, the topic one day doesn't suddenly turn into "Do you want to commit suicide with me?" for no reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)