Twin Internet Suicide Pact (1 Viewer)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
lengy said:
Um... wrist slitting is an outward representation of the pain they may feel on the inside so they physically cause themselves pain as a way of showing the crisis they may be facing. Or there are trendy emos who like getting attention.

You just stated, with the slitting, if it's genuine, how similar they can be to Cho. Cho hid his pain and released it in one explosive finale whilst, if these girls were really upset, they chose instead to end their lives without killing other people. So your arguement is void.
errr no, because they dont have a reason at all. so their families pretty much love a daughter without knowing why except that they are emos.

and for the record, slitting your wrist is both mentally and physically not healthy for you, so if there's anyone here who does that, seek help.

and lengy, dont make it sound like something fun to try.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
wuddie said:
errr no, because they dont have a reason at all. so their families pretty much love a daughter without knowing why except that they are emos.

and for the record, slitting your wrist is both mentally and physically not healthy for you, so if there's anyone here who does that, seek help.

How would you know if they were not in emotional pain though?

rhcpfox1

HSC
Can I please reiterate that the general consensus among their friends and those who knew the girls is that they were not part of the 'emo' subculture.

Stephanie was more likely to be described as 'goth', although I'm not sure she belonged to any define clique, rather, has been described as 'unique'.
Likewise for Jodie, she was quiet around the school and didn't stand out as an 'emo', just a quiet kid.

So please, no more emo.

MuffinMan

HSC
rhcpfox1 said:
Can I please reiterate that the general consensus among their friends and those who knew the girls is that they were not part of the 'emo' subculture.

Stephanie was more likely to be described as 'goth', although I'm not sure she belonged to any define clique, rather, has been described as 'unique'.
Likewise for Jodie, she was quiet around the school and didn't stand out as an 'emo', just a quiet kid.

So please, no more emo.
I never said they were emo lol.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
The media loves to focus on that when most of the time it's not true.

They see a kid in black clothes who's depressed and scream "EMO SUBCULTURE"

Idiots.

Back on topic, this whole situation is just so sad. I feel for the girls and their families.

MuffinMan

HSC
Well the guy was using wikipedia (the one on today tonight). That's their credibility gone right there.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
It's fairly moving this story; I've been thinking about it for the last couple of hours and am confused as to why they did it. I don't understand why people take their own life. For me to think about ending my own life, I say no way - I wouldn't care what the situation was.

:( So young...

MuffinMan

HSC
s-AINT said:
It's fairly moving this story; I've been thinking about it for the last couple of hours and am confused as to why they did it. I don't understand why people take their own life. For me to think about ending my own life, I say no way - I wouldn't care what the situation was.

:( So young...
Yeah if you think about it, once it is done, it is done, suicide is not something that you can change your mind about after you've done it. Which is why I feel sorry for them. I bet you they had no idea what they were doing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It's always funny to see the frantic search to find a culprit for such a shocking act. It must have been the music, their friends, their family, their internet chatrooms and I agree that there has been influence. However I find it interesting that it's almost taboo to suggest that these girls may have been influenced very little by anything and just came to the conclusion, in their likely fragile young minds, that suicide was their best solution.

cupcake08

HSC
wuddie said:

i didn't think it was made out to be something 'fun to try', wasn't the whole point it was only something someone who was internalizing painful emotions would do?

and personally i think its really sad that two seemingly ordinary girls like that could be so depressed/messed up and that no one had any idea, or that they saw such a final solution as suicide as the best way of getting attention. its even sadder that all people have to say about it is how selfish they were and that they had no reasons for what they did other than trying to be 'emos'.

lengy

HSC
Well for some they can't comprehend ever taking their lives but for others they may feel that it is their only option to escape whatever it is is haunting their existence. Just imagine the worst pain you've felt physically and to have it throbbing endlessly second after second of every day of your life, would you consider ending your life if you didn't think there was any hope of escaping the pain?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i think it's fucking sick.

firstly, suicide is selfish enough, and secondly .. someone has to find the two dead girls hanging from effing trees, way to probably mess up the head of whoever finds them for life.

and thirdly .. i'm guessing at least one of their friends knew about it, considering the rest in peace message that was posted up on myspace the day before they even killed themselves. if you know your friends are going to kill themselves, FUCKING TELL SOMEONE?!
your wrong, its only hanging bodies that wouldnt really mess anyone up, unless seeing death in general is disturbing to you. Its not like the aftermath of a car accident where the bodies have been turned into something resembling mince meat. Everone has seen someone die or a dead body at some stage, its more like a normal part of life than something that would mess you up.

Pretty sad, but not really out of the ordinary. Heaps of people kill themselves every day.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
lengy said:
Well for some they can't comprehend ever taking their lives but for others they may feel that it is their only option to escape whatever it is is haunting their existence. Just imagine the worst pain you've felt physically and to have it throbbing endlessly second after second of every day of your life, would you consider ending your life if you didn't think there was any hope of escaping the pain?
But cant they just seek help from someone? There's a solution and cure to everything let it be pain, depression, or anything else. Its just sad that they had to end their lives like that, seeing that they would have been given some sort of help or attention if they told someone about their situation. :confused:

HSC
N/A
It's very difficult for someone in a depressed state to 'reach out' to someone. Usually the belief or reality that there is no-one who will listen to them/take them seriously is one of the reasons they're depressed in the first place. Additionally, who says they didn't reach out? But maybe it didn't go well, and they decided to never try again. :(

As for the article itself... I'm pretty stunned. And it would seem as if they died looking into one another's faces too... :/

nekobutterfly

HSC
Meh music will be blamed for everything for all time, i listen to my chemical romance and alot of other 'dark/emo' bands and i am still happy. But i agree, sometime in their past they tried to reach out but either the person didn't have the time when they asked, or told them they would get back to them but then that person never did or just said no and they recommended someone else but we all know that if someone comes to you then they want you and not someone else, they just won't go to that person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)